• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sevii Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
The Sevii Islands were an additional set of areas introduced in FRLG tacked onto the Kanto adventure. What did you make of them - did you enjoy exploring these extra areas and their additional subplots?

Kalosian

So long
I really liked the Sevii Islands. It felt like they expanded and improved on the games massively in a very good way. I think they were just the post-game which Kanto needed. I liked the story expansions, both the pre-E4 story on Islands 1-3 and the post-game story on Islands 4-7. I really liked exploring the islands and seeing all the new areas which I had never seen before. The areas were pretty varied too, probably more than what Kanto itself is. I liked how the islands were full of strong trainers and strong wild Pokemon, that allowed for some pretty good training spots. Being able to find some Johto Pokemon was really neat as well. I also loved how the names of all places were actual names instead of numbered routes, this is something I have always wanted to see in more games (and X/Y did it to an extent). Overall, I liked pretty much everything about the Sevii Islands, they are one of the many things that made FR/LG feel like a vast improvement over R/B/Y, and I found it sad to see that HG/SS didn't keep them or do something similar to them in order to expand on the lackluster post-game of G/S/C.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Sevii Islands were amazing in my view. I was surprised when I first accessed them since I wasn't expecting that detour after Cinnabar Island, but I loved having new places to explore in LG/FR and not just Kanto's mainland.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I loved the addition of the Sevii Islands. The islands were some of my favourite areas in the FRLG games and I loved exploring all of them.
Also, the Sevii Islands were what made me want to get the games in the first place. I explored one or two of the islands on my cousin's game many years ago, and I was so impressed that I got my LeafGreen shortly after.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Simply put,the Sevii Islands are my favorite part of FireRed/LeafGreen.Sometimes I replay the game just to experience exploring them again.They have,in my opinion,much more interesting locations than Kanto ever had,such as Mt.Ember,Cape Brink,Icefall Cave,Ruin Valley,and Tanoby Ruins.

Synnett

Stuff
When HG/SS came out I was hoping for these islands to appear in game, sadly they weren't here. :( I'm looking forward to seeing them again, sadly my Leafgreen broke.)

Xena

Warrior Princess
The Sevii Islands were one of my favourite parts of Fire Red. I loved the graphics in the game and the islands felt cozy to me. I could imagine the warm sun on my back while exploring the islands. Berry Forest felt safe and secluded. Loved it :)

Last edited:
I admit that I never ended up finishing Leaf Green (only got up to Viridian gym, then just sort of stopped playing the game), so I only had the chance to explore the first three islands.
But, just from those three islands, I thought they were a neat bonus area in the Kanto region. :)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The Sevii Islands reminded me a bit of the Orange Islands, but I enjoyed them immensely, I consider them one of my favorite areas of Gen III. I guess I didn't expect it when I first played through LeafGreen, but it was pleasant and it expanded on Kanto more, especially Team Rocket. I also liked the inclusion of the Johto Pokémon on these islands, since I guess they had to make sure to bring in newer Pokémon, and just decided to use the Sevii Islands. (Using Johto's music was great, if you ask me.) But I guess what's more important was just how they tried to connect Gens I and III, and I thought it was a nice connection, didn't really have complaints about it.

TheOriginalJade

Would Like To Battle
I found the Sevii Islands awesome. They were very unique and a lot of fun. It was nifty to have something else to do in FRLG (which, overall were pretty skimpy on the post game content compaired to other remakes), and there was a lot of interesting locations to explore.

Frankly my only problem with them was that I would have liked them to have been a little bigger, with more of an involved story, similar to something like the Delta Episode from ORAS (there is evidence that there was going to more islands, but they were scrapped, probably due to a rushed development). But with what we got, I really liked them. They were a pretty cool region with cool locations, one I wished people talked about more.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Simply put,the Sevii Islands are my favorite part of FireRed/LeafGreen.Sometimes I replay the game just to experience exploring them again.They have,in my opinion,much more interesting locations than Kanto ever had,such as Mt.Ember,Cape Brink,Icefall Cave,Ruin Valley,and Tanoby Ruins.
I also found that the locations in the Sevii Islands were some of the most interesting places in the game. The Tanoby Ruins were probably the most interesting Sevii location for me, since I like mysterious, ancient places.
Also, I LOVED the names of the chambers in the ruins (Liptoo, Scufib, Dilford, etc.).

Lorde

Frankly my only problem with them was that I would have liked them to have been a little bigger

I would've liked that as well. Two Island in particular was too tiny, so it felt like the most pointless Sevii Island to me. It could've used some other areas and not just Cape Brink.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
What I don't get was make Navel Rock with Lugia and Ho-oh event only. Celebii is the mythical pokemon of gen 2, not Lugia and Ho-oh, Why was lugia and Ho-oh even an event in the first place if you could get them in Gold/Silver and remakes?

KillerDraco

What I don't get was make Navel Rock with Lugia and Ho-oh event only. Celebii is the mythical pokemon of gen 2, not Lugia and Ho-oh, Why was lugia and Ho-oh even an event in the first place if you could get them in Gold/Silver and remakes?

Because at the time there was no accessibility with Gold and Silver, you could only get Ho-Oh and Lugia from Colosseum/XD which required a Gamecube and the link cable peripheral (so it's more expensive and for several players was too expensive to be feasible at all), and the HG/SS remakes wouldn't come out for another 4 years when the event was going on so they're not really a factor at all.

It'd always be nice to get more event-only Pokemon distributions but the event for Lugia and Ho-Oh was not without merit, so Navel Rock fulfilled its purpose.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Because at the time there was no accessibility with Gold and Silver, you could only get Ho-Oh and Lugia from Colosseum/XD which required a Gamecube and the link cable peripheral (so it's more expensive and for several players was too expensive to be feasible at all), and the HG/SS remakes wouldn't come out for another 4 years when the event was going on so they're not really a factor at all.

It'd always be nice to get more event-only Pokemon distributions but the event for Lugia and Ho-Oh was not without merit, so Navel Rock fulfilled its purpose.

They could have allowed Navel Rock to be in the game without an event cause Lugia and Ho-oh are not mythical pokemon. First you can get them in G/S/C without event, then they made them event only in Firered/Leafgreen/Emerald and then they went back to being catchable in HGSS/ORAS. Seriously, why do they change their minds on how they obtain them is be on me.

KillerDraco

They could have allowed Navel Rock to be in the game without an event cause Lugia and Ho-oh are not mythical pokemon. First you can get them in G/S/C without event, then they made them event only in Firered/Leafgreen/Emerald and then they went back to being catchable in HGSS/ORAS. Seriously, why do they change their minds on how they obtain them is be on me.

Because they were the version mascots of G/S/C and HG/SS. Barring OR/AS the version mascots are usually unobtainable in other games; they had Dialga/Palkia/Giratina events in Gen 5, despite them being catchable in Gen 4, for instance.

You may be making a bigger deal of this than necessary. It's mostly moot point now that HG/SS exist, so who really cares about an event from 10 years ago?

A more valid complaint would be about Altering Cave, since although it was designed to be altered by Mystery Gift from Wonder Spots from Nintendo... they never actually did anything with it, so it was sort of just "there". Just another cave full of Zubat with no other purpose fulfilled.

Lorde

I wish Altering Cave had had its event accessible in the English LG/FR. I mean we ended up getting the exclusive Pokemon found there in Emerald anyway, but it was still the most redundant place on the Sevii Islands in the English games tbh.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I completely forgot that Altering Cave even was in the Sevii Islands! I'm more familiar with the Altering Cave in Emerald, which I use for Speed EV training all the time. Haven't been to the Sevii Altering Cave in a long time.

One thing I did like about the Sevii version of Altering Cave, though, was the location of the cave - Outcast Island. I always thought that name was pretty cool.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
One thing I did like about the Sevii version of Altering Cave, though, was the location of the cave - Outcast Island. I always thought that name was pretty cool.
I very much agree on this.Sometimes,I would just come there to hatch Eggs,just to get the location's name on the Trainer Memo page.

Lorde

I liked Surfing around Outcast Island and re-battling trainers. I didn't like having to pass through the Pattern Bush place though, that place felt redundant too in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.