• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sevii Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazing Charmander

I loved the inclusion of the Sevii Islands in the Gen 3 Kanto remakes. They were a great way of integrating Johto Pokemon into the game while also enhancing the main game and post game in relation to how sparse the adventure was in Gen 1. I also agree with a user above that the use of remixes from G/S/C for the post-game islands was a very nice touch.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They were a great way of integrating Johto Pokemon into the game

Yeah I loved being able to catch certain Gen 2 species on the Sevii Islands that couldn't be found in R/S for example, though the variety available wasn't that impressive imho.

Blazing Charmander

Yeah I loved being able to catch certain Gen 2 species on the Sevii Islands that couldn't be found in R/S for example, though the variety available wasn't that impressive imho.

I'd agree, though perhaps Game Freak were expecting Altering Cave to serve its intended purpose through the ill-fated Wonder Spots, which turned out not to be the case for players outside of Japan. Thankfully, as you mentioned the Safari Zone extension in Emerald granted us access to many of the remaining Johto Pokemon anyway (in which case I wonder why Altering Cave still featured in that game). From a personal perspective Colosseum allowed me to achieve this feat early on but it was still nice to be able to catch them in the main games.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I very much agree on this.Sometimes,I would just come there to hatch Eggs,just to get the location's name on the Trainer Memo page.
I did this too! I know I have a Lapras somewhere that I purposely hatched there just to have a cool/interesting name on the summary screen. I've hatched quite a few eggs on other routes in the Sevii Islands, too, for the same reason.
That's something I really liked about the Sevii Islands - the routes have their own unique names instead of just being numbered like in most other regions (I was glad to see the Kalos routes in XY get other names in addition to the usual "Route __").

Last edited:

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I loved the Sevii Islands. I was actually surprised the first time I went there. Thought it was gonna be Kanto only.
I actually stayed on the Sevii Islands a lot after defeating the Pokemon League. Always training, as well as catching the few new Pokemon as well as re-battling trainers.
Also spent a lot of time trying to activate the altering cave, which I found worthless after looking online and finding I needed a few things I didn't have. after a long time with the game. Sad face.

Overall my favorite feature on FRLG. I also could make eggs! I was super excited on that after being a little disappointed with the dude north of Saffron.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did this too! I know I have a Lapras somewhere that I purposely hatched there just to have a cool/interesting name on the summary screen. I've hatched quite a few eggs on other routes in the Sevii Islands, too, for the same reason.

I think I hatched some Pokemon in Altering Cave as well simply for that reason. I hatched eggs all over the Sevii Islands more than I did in Kanto actually.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved the islands. It was a great way to obtain Pokemon who weren't native to Kanto. And the Team Rocket plot gave something to do postgame and was interesting to see them using non-Kanto Pokemon as well.

I remember going straight to Larvitar whenever I obtained the better pass as I wanted to raise a Tyranitar to use against the Elite Four again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.