1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sevii Islands

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 11, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

What did you think of the Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen? Which one was your favourite? Would you ever like to see these islands come back in future games?

I liked Seven Island the most since it had the Trainer Tower and the ruins with the Unown to the south of Sevault Canyon. I liked training in the canyon itself for extra experience too.

shoz999, Lunalah and MockingJ like this.
  2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I absolutely loved them, and I was very disappointed that we never saw them in Let's Go games. My favourite island is the sixth one, as it is large and has a number of cool locations (shame Altering Cave is ultimately useless). I also really like One Island, since you can access Mt. Ember from it, and Seven Island, for the canyon, the ruins and the Trainer Tower. Overall, the Sevii Islands were a great addition to Kanto.

shoz999, AgentKallus and Lunalah like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I liked the Nanashima (Sevii Islands) since they offered a challenging post-game, what with the new Pokemon that existed there plus the Rocket-dan subplot on Five Island. I thought that it was quite a shame that two of the islands were exclusive to events, though.

4. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

I liked most of them like Four Island because we could breed Pokemon there and Five Island because Resort Gorgeous was nearby and making money there was easy. But some of the areas like Altering Cave and the Tanoby Ruins were the most pointless places.

Redstar45 and Lunalah like this.
  5. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I liked the Sevii Islands as they were great additions to the essentially nonexistant postgame of the original games. My personal favorite would be Five Island due to Resort Gorgeous, Lost Cave, and Memorial Pillar. All of those places felt memorable to me as locations.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I agree about the first two locations on Five Island since one of them was good for earning a lot of money quickly, while the other had rare items and an interesting puzzle. But the Memorial Tower part of the island seemed pointless to me since there wasn't anything special there aside from the grave site of Iwakichi (Tectonix).

Redstar45 likes this.
  7. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Seven Island was the best. Trainer Tower, Tanoby Ruins to fill my collection addiction, rare Pokemon

Sakuyamon, RedBlastoise and shoz999 like this.
  8. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Come back? It should be a permanent feature in any Kanto-focus remakes, sequels, games in-general. Such a memorable location shouldn't just be shafted like that. I'm glad the Pokemon Adventures gave the islands a lot of love, the only thing I wanted in the end was to see even more of those islands considering how rich and diverse each island could be in terms of location and characters.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I've always had a love-hate relationship with the Trainer Tower. On one hand, it's easier to complete compared to the Battle Tower, but on the opposite hand it's very time consuming, and the reward for getting to the top of the tower is unimpressive.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Remakes should take from the example of the Sevii Islands and have expanded areas to visit. Hoping the Gen IV remakes do this

TwilightBlade and RedBlastoise like this.
  11. RedBlastoise

If ORAS and LGPE are any indication, probably not. I'm actually really upset that LGPE didn't give us the Sevii Islands since that seemed like the obvious thing to do.

Sakuyamon and TwilightBlade like this.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I remember thinking that HG/SS would include these islands or at least expand on the concept by having a new archipelago to explore, but of course Game Freak didn't do that. I think that at this point they're against adding new mini-regions to their game remakes.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  13. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

The Sevii Islands were cool and I remember thinking that they were the Orange Islands from the anime at first lol. I think my favourite Sevii Island was One Island because of the beach to the south that had hidden items and because of the spa where you could heal your Pokemon in the hot water.

RedBlastoise and Sakuyamon like this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I remember thinking that the Nanashima (Sevii Islands) were based on the Orange Archipelago, although now I know that they're based on the Izu and Bonin Islands in real life.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  15. jaden767

jaden767 Red Trainer

My favorite Sevii Island is Birth Island because its triangle shaped and is a rare place to get to because you need an event item. My 2nd favorite island would have to be One Island because it has Kindle Road which is a good grinding locale.

RedBlastoise and TwilightBlade like this.
  16. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Apparently Birth Island's shape is based on a real-life island in the Pacific Ocean that's triangular too. Also Navel Rock which is another event-exclusive island is also based on another real-life island that is famous for its albatross population, which explains why Lugia and Houou (Ho-Oh) could be found there in the games.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  17. RedBlastoise

Birth Island had that black triangle puzzle that awoke Deoxys right? I've never tried it myself but I've seen videos and it looks like a lot of fun.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  18. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Active Member

Four Island was my favorite isle because of the improved day care center where we could breed Pokemon but I remember it being really hard to get an egg to appear there although that could just be me being impatient.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

One thing that stands out about that island was Kanna's (Lorelei's) house. I heard a rumor that the number of dolls that you can find inside her home depends on the number of times that you defeat the Pokemon League, although I've beaten it at least 40 times and the number of dolls doesn't seem to increase, so I think it's a false rumor.