1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sevii Islands

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 11, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

What did you think of the Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen? Which one was your favourite? Would you ever like to see these islands come back in future games?

I liked Seven Island the most since it had the Trainer Tower and the ruins with the Unown to the south of Sevault Canyon. I liked training in the canyon itself for extra experience too.

shoz999, Lunalah and MockingJ like this.
  2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I absolutely loved them, and I was very disappointed that we never saw them in Let's Go games. My favourite island is the sixth one, as it is large and has a number of cool locations (shame Altering Cave is ultimately useless). I also really like One Island, since you can access Mt. Ember from it, and Seven Island, for the canyon, the ruins and the Trainer Tower. Overall, the Sevii Islands were a great addition to Kanto.

shoz999, AgentKallus and Lunalah like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I liked the Nanashima (Sevii Islands) since they offered a challenging post-game, what with the new Pokemon that existed there plus the Rocket-dan subplot on Five Island. I thought that it was quite a shame that two of the islands were exclusive to events, though.

4. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

I liked most of them like Four Island because we could breed Pokemon there and Five Island because Resort Gorgeous was nearby and making money there was easy. But some of the areas like Altering Cave and the Tanoby Ruins were the most pointless places.

Redstar45 and Lunalah like this.
  5. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I liked the Sevii Islands as they were great additions to the essentially nonexistant postgame of the original games. My personal favorite would be Five Island due to Resort Gorgeous, Lost Cave, and Memorial Pillar. All of those places felt memorable to me as locations.

6. Leonhart

I agree about the first two locations on Five Island since one of them was good for earning a lot of money quickly, while the other had rare items and an interesting puzzle. But the Memorial Tower part of the island seemed pointless to me since there wasn't anything special there aside from the grave site of Iwakichi (Tectonix).

Redstar45 likes this.
  7. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Seven Island was the best. Trainer Tower, Tanoby Ruins to fill my collection addiction, rare Pokemon

shoz999 likes this.
  8. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

Come back? It should be a permanent feature in any Kanto-focus remakes, sequels, games in-general. Such a memorable location shouldn't just be shafted like that. I'm glad the Pokemon Adventures gave the islands a lot of love, the only thing I wanted in the end was to see even more of those islands considering how rich and diverse each island could be in terms of location and characters.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Leonhart

I've always had a love-hate relationship with the Trainer Tower. On one hand, it's easier to complete compared to the Battle Tower, but on the opposite hand it's very time consuming, and the reward for getting to the top of the tower is unimpressive.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Remakes should take from the example of the Sevii Islands and have expanded areas to visit. Hoping the Gen IV remakes do this

RedBlastoise likes this.
  11. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

If ORAS and LGPE are any indication, probably not. I'm actually really upset that LGPE didn't give us the Sevii Islands since that seemed like the obvious thing to do.