1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Seviper or Zangoose?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by TehGr81, Jul 4, 2010.

?

Seviper or Zangoose?

1. Seviper

53 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Zangoose

75 vote(s)
    51.4%
  3. Both

14 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. Neither

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. TehGr81

TehGr81 College graduate

I've been thinking about making this thread, considering it could end up being a good 3rd Generation debate. Also, these two (as we all know) have a bitter rivalry with each other.

So, who do you like better: Seviper or Zangoose?

I'll go first. I like Seviper more because I have some tough ones in Emerald and I happen to like snakes. Let me also mention that it happens to be Pike Queen Lucy's mascot Pokemon, seeing as her attire is based upon its design.

2. ilovetorterra

ilovetorterra I am the epic.

I'd also have to go with Seviper, I really just dislike Zangoose.

3. I also like Seviper a bit more. I never owned Ruby, so it's all I ended up seeing. I personally have nothing against Zangoose, I just prefer Seviper.

4. hitoshura0

hitoshura0 Well-Known Member

I've gotta go with the Zangoose. It's more effective and it recently saved my bacon by sweeping Tim's team for me during the Extralives marathon.

5. Saikoro

Saikoro Member

i had sapphire but i like zangoose better

6. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

I'm going to go for Seviper. It's just so much cooler to be honest. Plus, Jessie's Seviper in the animé is epic. I trained a Seviper once, and really enjoyed it.

7. tom-tom

tom-tom Furret <3

I prefer Zangoose, I think that it is cooler normal and shiny. Plus, Zangoose is harder to get because you can only get one in Ruby.

8. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

Seviper. I used one on my very first emerald game, and I enjoyed it. I like Zangoose to, but Seviper takes this by a nose.

9. Venomfrog

Venomfrog Perpetual Observer

Neither. I am not a big fan of either Pokemon. I like mongooses, but I like vipers, too, so I should like both, but their aggression just puts me off both of them. I do not hate either of them, and I would train either one without issue, but as of now they do not make my top-10 or top-25 or even top-50 list.

10. Serebii!

Serebii! Well-Known Member

I had to go with Zangoose because I only had Ruby and couldn't get a Seviper I like both though but Zangoose more

11. KGB13

KGB13 Man of Mystery

Zangoose is awesome to me, I never cared much for Seviper.

12. I like both of them really. I actually probably like Zangoose a little bit more, but I also have a love for snakes. Pretty much equal to me.

13. Misty Lover17

Misty Lover17 Water Trainer

I prefer Zangoose. I think it is stronger first of all, secondly, it has various kinds of attacks.

14. Sprintking

Sprintking Well-Known Member

I may be a little biased seeing that I don't own Sapphire or Emerald, so I don't have much experience with Seviper. That being said, I like the overall design of it, but I like Zangoose as well and he is a much more powerful and useful pokemon. Max out with Swords Dance with a Silk Scarf and Crush Claw and Slash kill/cripple just about anything that isn't rock or ghost.

15. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 lost the game again

zangoose. its movepool is better.

16. cecil

cecil Armed with a Mind

Seviper, though I don't have any particular reason to dislike Zangoose. Never used both of them in competitive battle, so my choice is simply based by appearance.

17. Alpha God

Alpha God Proffersor Alpha

Zangoose- The Wolverine Type

Zangoose is cooler. No offense to Seviper. They are great pokemon. But I have to go with Zangoose.

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Ah! The age-old debate. I think it only works because Zangoose and Seviper were designed to complement each other in terms of rivalry. To be honest, neither Pokemon suits my fancy but if I had to choose between the two, Seviper would be my choice. Why? It's the underdog in the rivalry. Zangoose is immune to Poison status so Seviper isn't able to hit hard and Poison it's rival. I think I feel pity for it so out of the two, it's the one I think is a bit more interesting.

19. RockPaperScizor

RockPaperScizor Yanmegalomaniac

Zangoose. It's stronger and looks better, and Crush Claw is just awesome. Or at least that's my opinion.

20. Upyourarsenal

Upyourarsenal Trollrr

Seviper was pure poison, making it weaker to many other types than zangoose. Plus zangoose had a higher attack and in the third gen, all normal attacks were physical, which creates a nice stab and stat boost to his attacks.:)