• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest (677)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah it was probably Pokabu or Tsutaja who was oaked,

Don't you mean Juniperd?

Anyway, I think now it's safe to say we can go back to the Kanto-Unova-Equivalent Theory:
* Pidove- Pidgeotto
* Oshawott- Squirtle
* Tepig- Charmander
* Snivy- Bulbasaur
* Scraggy- Primeape
* Sewaddle- Caterpie

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Is this the first series where he rotates his team? Wow actually taking advice from Gary when he told Ash he rotates all his pokemon. 600 episodes later but still..

PokeMasterJames

Pokémon Master
So any Pokemon he catches in Unova will be Juniper'd? Shouldn't they go to Oak considering he ALWAYS gives Ash a Pokedex?

Anyway, glad he'll finally start rotating his team, 'bout damn time writers!

EDIT: I forgot, Juniper gave Ash his newest Pokedex in the first episode, so yeah, any reserves will be Juniper'd, not Oak'd. Hopefully he actually brings his Juniper'd Pokemon back to Oak's once he leaves Unova (or Juniper can do the transfering herself).

EDIT 2: I like what the writers did with the new "over 6 Pokemon in the party rule" where the extra Pokeball's just lock themselves. I think that signals a bunch of reserves now, if there was any doubts lol.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Or it continues to follow them for a while, evolves, and then continues to follow them without ever getting captured. Just because a lunchbox has it behind Pikachu doesn't mean he's going to catch it.

But the bonding and the will to fight Satoshi and possibly asking him for help wich means he trusts him in episode 20 does.

It cant be compared to Jigglypuff since Jigglypuff never shown interes in Satoshi besides putting them to sleep and painting their faces, same story with Hipopotas the thing follow them to help them get his mother I believe and never appeared again, Meguroko chalenged him into a battle 10 episode or so after seeing him and will possibly ask him for help in episode 20, to me that screams bonding and capture just like I felt in the Dent/Ishizumai episode, so yeah I will be annoyed if he doesnt catch him after the build up.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
What was Arty's connection with Kurumiru, what i mean is why did they touch heads?
It's a way of greeting Kurumiru. Pikachu, Kibago and Iris did it as well. Satoshi tried to do it but Kurumiru headbutted him :p. After he caught it, they were able to do the touching heads thing right.

-As of episode 18, Satoshi has seven Pokemon. Let's note that he has seven Pokemon. In episode freaking 18. This hasn't happened since Kanto's seven mons by episode 14. And it looks like this could be a rotation situation. Finally he's doing it. Unfortunately, we don't know which Pokemon was Oak'ed Araragi'd (outside of Zuruggu and Mijumaru) so that'll be the main speculation for a while.

-As for the episode itself. Fun times with Arty. While he was indeed fabulous, it was much more in the crazy, eccentric fabulous other than Dento's fabulous. Surprisingly, Dento did recognize Arty after he said he was the Huin Gym Leader (so...Leaders do know each other?). So much for the "Kurumiru is Arty's" theory when his Hahakomori came out.

-Yeah Kurumiru was really, really awesome in this. Between beating the crap out of Pikachu, rejecting Satoshi at first and being Spiderman, it looks like it's one of Satoshi's most expressive Bug Pokemon yet. Let's see where it goes.

-Didn't expect this to be somewhat of an Iris w/ Satoshi episode again. Oh and she wore the pajamas again :p. I was a little sad that Dento didn't get a ton of screentime, but then I remembered he gets his own episode next week. (It's gonna be great)

(I wonder how many people went "TEAM ROCKET?!" when the Koromori showed up. Way to troll writing staff :D)

Dax

Legend
Quite a fantastic episode. The setting was beautiful. After more than 600 episodes, it was time to show forest actually could look... different.

Sewaddle is quite the cute addition to Ash's team. I'm quite happy it's not only adorable but it's also strong. Quite the spicy pokemon.

One of the things I enjoyed the most about the episode was the group interaction. Iris, Cilan and Ash have an unique chemistry that makes me enjoy the show like I never did before.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Don't you mean Juniperd?

Anyway, I think now it's safe to say we can go back to the Kanto-Unova-Equivalent Theory:
* Pidove- Pidgeotto
* Oshawott- Squirtle
* Tepig- Charmander
* Snivy- Bulbasaur
* Scraggy- Primeape
* Sewaddle- Caterpie

I think it should still go to Oak, unless Ash said something in the episode about it going to Araragi.

Either way, I'm not changing that term it will always be oaked to me.

Sabonea_Masukippa, what i mean is, what was the ground that Ash stood on, for the battle pose, did he have a battle pose?

ShadowDragon16

The pokemon currently with as are Pikachu, Oshawott, Scraggy, Sewaddle I assume. If sewaddle is with Ash, then Pidove, Tepig, or Snivy are with the professor. I hope its not Tsutaja, she is powerful

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
-It isn't an auto transfer to Oak/Juniper, the 7th's Pokeball stops working and he has to go to a Pokemon Centre and send one of his mon to Juniper.

So wait. He can capture a ton of Pokemon, but they won't be able to use them in battle or something? Is that how it works? Also, is it confirmed that Ash will be sending his spare Pokemon to Prof Juniper? (Sorry to go off topic)

Blazicken

Sex on fire
lol, that disco-music was so funny.
Love that Arty-guy, groovy and weird. It was quite enjoyable.
And that sewaddle is adorable and not weak on top of it.
I wonder whom Ash has oaked/junipered. I hope it isn't snivy,
though its probability is the highest =/

Linkaro

So wait. He can capture a ton of Pokemon, but they won't be able to use them in battle or something? Is that how it works? Also, is it confirmed that Ash will be sending his spare Pokemon to Prof Juniper? (Sorry to go off topic)
I only thing I can think of why Ash's seventh didn't get transfer is because he forgot about Pikachu's Pokeball at home.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Did kurumiru use tackle in this episode??

Sponge

Interesting development...

It explains how Ash filled his team at an alarming rate at the start, they must be trying for a feel similar to the actual game with more rotating pokemon.

Somehow I wouldn't feel terrified of breaking the law in the pokemon world.....(sorta off topic...but is there even a pokemon government? :S)

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Well I just about loved this episode to bits. Sewaddle is so cute! So carefree, yet it knows how to fight. It's voice is adorable too. I'm really glad Ash caught it now since I was a little unsure if I wanted it to join the team at when I firstheard of the possibility, but it's worth it now.

Artie was entertaining to watch, although his voice seemed a little strange. But I can't wait to see this guy battle, with his bizarre personality it'll be fun. Hahakomori was nice to see as well; hoping Sewaddle will evolve all the way now. Even reaching the middle stage will make me happy, I love Kurumayu (mainly for its facial expression).

Animation was good (Yaguruma Forest was a lovely change from the normal forest design). Music was great as usual, and I think we got a new original track or two in this one.

Oh, and Ash in a ball of silk was hilarious.

Also, is it confirmed that Ash will be sending his spare Pokemon to Prof Juniper?

It is, at the end of the episode Ash says he sent one of his Pokemon to Juniper to make room for Sewaddle (we aren't told which though). So I'm guessing Juniper will be used for Unova reserves for the time being.

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
According to the series, Ash broke that law when he had 6 Pokemon + Pikachu when he fought against Gary.

During that battle, it was explained that Pikachu wasn't in his possession at the time. Hence why he wasn't allowed to use him.

Although I find it odd that his Pokemon aren't going to Oaks now. Why is Unova any different?It's all elctronic transfer anyways.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if Ash will get the Muk of this generation later on?

Rowdy

I think it should still go to Oak, unless Ash said something in the episode about it going to Araragi.

Either way, I'm not changing that term it will always be oaked to me.

Sabonea_Masukippa, what i mean is, what was the ground that Ash stood on, for the battle pose, did he have a battle pose?

I may be wrong, but isn't Professor Oak still in Unova. If I remember correctly, he was coming to Unova to help Juniper with some research and both Ash and Delia came along for the ride.

So technically, Ash's reserves are still being Oaked, but they're being sent to Juniper's lab because he's (likely) still there. And if Delia is as well, then she's likely caring for Ash's reserve team herself.