• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shac's fakemonzzz

shac

Hello everyone,
My previous thread died. So I thought I would open up this new one. I'll start slow and strong-

Here are the the final stages of my starters.

First up, Blazzeore: The fire lion pokemon. It's fire/rock type upon final evolution.
http://i41.*******.com/zxv445.jpg

Second comes, Phesantail: The pheasant pokemon. It's grass/flying type upon final evolution.
http://i41.*******.com/123tkpd.jpg

Last comes, Platyluss: The platypus pokemon. It's water/ground upon final evolution.
http://i44.*******.com/s5fdoy.png

Let me know what you think of these....

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
I'm really feeling that grass starter, I like the concept behind it. The lion is well thought to but might be a bit reminded of Arcanine. I honestly don't know what to say about the water starter tho :p

Yami Ryu

Tbh the problem with the lion is it doesn't really look, like a lion. The mane is to small imo, or atleast not fuzzy enough, and the random fire doesn't help it. I think it would be better as fur, while the tail is left on fire- possibly more like how a lion's tail is.

The feet randomly on fire is a bit meh too, and it doesn't really look like a rock type, I mean the feet armor and the mask is just a little, to little, for 'rock typez'

Phesantail is a bit to blazikenish, and digimonish. The abundant use of just greens for the body, feathers and head/arms/etc but the feet cause it to look like a bland/boring bird. I'm sure you could use something like a Golden Pheasent or something for inspiration color wise. Green doesn't always mean Plants and Plants aren't always green.

And the Platypus looks alot like Golduck imo :/ it doesn't really have a Platy feel; the tail looks more like a concave tadpole tail, it has fin blades on the arms. It's got slimey shiny skin, not fur, and no poison barbs.

It looks like something that'd evolve from a Psyduck, which are based upon ducks and Kappa, and if I hadn't read the discription, I would jhave thought it was another kappa duck.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
The fire starter shouldn't have fire everywhere. The existing ones have a max. of 2 places on fire, if any, while yours is burning on the legs, the tail and the head =<

The guys at Gamefreak take a whole year to create a set of starters, as they're the first Pokemon the players get to know. They need the most originality.
They also need to be balanced. Those all seem like sweepers.

The water and grass starter also have a very similar design.

And another water/ground Pokemon? q_q
Everyones got his own taste for that, but a fifth water/ground line is overdoing it IMO. Consider that there's no type combination that has been used for over 4 lines (excluding flyings), even grass/poison, rock/ground or water/ice.

(And I don't know why all the people reuse existing combos, but those already used are not even 50% of the possible different combinations)

Alloute

Not Banned
Well, they look more like Digimon than Pokemon.

The colors are good though, I like them, good job.

milenadrg

They're looking really cool, great work... Water and Grass are looking little bit simmilar, but it's still nice... :)

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
these are about somewhere 7/10,it is true they do have some similarities.

-Raiga-

these are about somewhere 7/10,it is true they do have some similarities.

Yes, that number will really help them improve in the future...

Anyways, I unfortunately don't have much time to critique these as much as I want to, but there are some things I could try to help with right now.

First off, don't save as jpeg. Since it distorts many of the pixels, go with png. when saving pictures.

On the Fire starter, I love entire concept behind it, and out of the three it seems to be the most thought out. While the people before me mentioned that there is too much fire I would disagree since rapidash has quite alot of it, but it is pretty random. I don't like the idea of having fire on one side if there is nothing to difference the pokemon besides it. I think the fire should either be both on the front legs or both on the back legs. The fire on the head seems sort of pointless, I personally would scrap the fire and change the mane to still be fur but curl or resemble fire. Finally I love the rock feet, I think they are plenty enough for a rock type giving things like cranidos just have few spikes of rock, so it should be fine.

The grass starter I do also feel looks too much like a digimon in the sense that the expression and overall design of the body seem too human like. Plus it looks more like a harpy from some RPG than a pheasant. I would suggest making the leaves on its head either more detailed, or changing it to a specific flower or plant that expands as such. Because as Yami Ryu said not all plants are green, and I think the one thing this pokemon is lacking is personality.

The water starter is a good idea, but more than anything the shading and linework are what needs the most work here. I feel that even if the bottom region of his leg is skinny, that perspective wise his leg that is most facing us gets way too small towards the end, especially to hold up a massive body like that. I think his head should be more round at the top and not just turn into a practically straight line, same with the fin on his right arm, it gets way to straight as it reaches the end. Plus, I realize this may have been done before D/P were released, but I feel the fin arms are overkill with buizel and floatzel existing. Finally I think the shading is screwed up by the fact that if its coming from the northwest like usual, he would have a highlight on his right knee which facing opposite of it. Both that highlight and the other knees highlight are almost touching the shadow, which doesn't happen since on a rounded surface the highlight lies within the form its on, and gets progressively darker as it goes out.

I hope you take some of this into consideration, since you have some nice ideas here, and working with ms paint can be hard for pictures like these. Also sorry if I organized things bad in my paragraphs, because I'm sorta in a rush.

lokitheodd

Holy Balogney
I really like the Lion evolution and the Pheasant evolution.
(It's an interesting place to start, too. Most people just start with the, er, starters.)

But the lion, I have to concur about the placement of the flames. The current one attached to the mane just looks a bit out of place. But at the same time, I like how the fire tail looks, and would like a similar effect on the mane. (I also like the fire ankles)

On the Pheasant, I think the facial features shoiuld be altered a bit, to give it more personality. Also I wish the upper legs were slightly altered. It makes it look like it has huuuge thighs.

But either way, I'd like to see more of this line~

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
i looked again,the grass one is okay,i'm not sure what makes a digimon but i guess it's close since peole say it is,but they're still pretty good!

shac

Thanks for your comments, 'lokitheodd' and 'dawsoc'....!
Well, I redid Blazzeore a bit, well, quite a bit. What do you think? The new one's better or not?
http://i44.*******.com/ae5f28.png

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Platyluss looks more like a Water/Fighting type. I don't see any Ground in it. Plus, we already have Water/Ground starters, which happen to be my favorite starters.