• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadey's art thread v3

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Hellooo!

So I thought I would make a thread to show off some of my art. As a big lover of Sci-Fi and fantasy, I usually like creating my own made up monsters and dragons among other things. I'll draw the occasional Pokémon too!
I've recently got myself a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which came preloaded with a brilliant app called Sketchbook for galaxy so I've been using that to slowly get better at drawing in a digital format.
I am also studying model design and SFX at university so hopefully you'll see some of my project work from the upcoming years.

Anyway, without further ado I'll start with some pieces that I've drawn on my phone using Sketchbook. I hope you like them!

Giratina be trippin':
CyjLMXx.jpg

Skyrim Argonian:
XsS04dL.jpg

Dragons:
HuGFsVM.jpg

RoboCop sketch:
b1LOos9.jpg

Godzilla:
YQ72K84.jpg

Made up monster realistic colouring practice:
X90sEnH.jpg

and just a fun little bonus...

yZ0MMKf.jpg

All drawings are done from memory and/or made up on the spot. I don't tend to use references unless I really need to~

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Update with a character design for a Kaiju. Inspired from Pacific Rim and Godzilla.
Z5hlNeQ.jpg

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Haha thanks! Gira was an experiment to see how drawing without outlines worked out. Glad you like him! :D

Haven't really drawn much over the last few days that's really share worthy so I'll just post a little rough sketch that i'm hopefully gonna do like the realistic colouring practice on the first post. Lawnmower Rotom is the most ridiculous pokemon, I love it! ^_^

rGlB2CL.jpg

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Oh wow, these are awesome. I especially love the kaiju drawing. I love pencil sketches. The Rotom one made me laugh, it's such a goofy concept and I can see Rotom doing that.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Redesigning my old Dragonlord character with a different face. Here's the difference, old and new (wip)
skMG5V2.jpg

wJOPszn.jpg

And this is a sketch of how the rest of his body looks like (I can't find the detailed drawing I did a while back)- he is a sort of dragon/human centaur type thing and is made out to be the god of dragons. Does a more human face or more draconic face work best with this design?

xVC4VlB.jpg

EDIT:

My first scratch built model made in 3Ds Maxx! ^_^ - a very basic, crappy bar stool xD A lot trickier than I expected o_O

h9oT6fb.png

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
Whoa, the difference between the old one and the new one is really something... I really like the way you manipulate shapes and textures so easily now, compared to the old drawing.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Proof I can draw things that aren't dragons xD a Panda with Fencing gear!

62jSdzd.jpg

Drawn for a friend, no reference used.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Two things I've been working on this week, a little cardboard Dalek and the start of a foam Cyberman costume for October's London MCM Comicon.

7Zu7urc.jpg
0FaW8O2.jpg

Also drew a little 12th Doctor/Malcolm Tucker mashup to celebrate the new series 8 of Doctor Who! Spoilered for language.

5Cdcywd.jpg
xQLeamL.jpg

Syd March

Chocolate Queen
The Dr Who one made me laugh. I can't stop personally feeling like he's 2 seconds away from swearing.

I really like your designs and I especially like the colours! They're very vivid.

Tygerwolf

Your sketches are especially nice! I'm really diggin the Kaiju. (I love that movie!) What software do you use to paint digitally? :)