• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Ho-Oh

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Do you think Ho-Oh should have been given a special Shadow Form like Lugia and given a bigger role? I do. ;250;

It could have been..but it really doesn't matter anymore.

It would have been nice though to get Ho-oh through the storyline instead of running through Mt.Battle.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Maybe... but then the story would have to be changed for that, would have been like XD's. Then XD would have had to change, otherwise it would be such straight copying from Colosseum in terms of plot... and if changes were made to Colo's plot all of a sudden, there would have been more plotholes. And it already has more than enough of those...

Maybe for a next Shadow Poke game, if there is one?

That would of been nice actually, however there has never really been a sense of human connection with Ho-oh, whereas in Pokemon 2000 Lugia kind of talked with Ash and we got to know him a bit, which kind of helped me see this pokemon affected by humans...whereas its hard for me to see Ho-oh affected in any way at all.

Mast3rlinkZX

O_O *stares*
it would be cool like XD's shadow lugia but instead a tyranitar -_- but in colosseum if u did 100 battles instead of ho-oh it should have been hoenn or kanto starters that would be better than just getting ho-oh Evice should have had that.......;107;;157;;089; :)

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
it would be cool like XD's shadow lugia but instead a tyranitar -_- but in colosseum if u did 100 battles instead of ho-oh it should have been hoenn or kanto starters that would be better than just getting ho-oh Evice should have had that.......;107;;157;;089; :)

how would that've been better, hoenn starters were dead easy to obtain, just get R/S/E, and kanto starters are the same as they're easily obtainable in FR/LG, i'm glad that they made ho-oh available via colo, as otherwise you'd need to go to an event to get ho-oh.

gallade555

Cheat Master
there has never really been a sense of human connection with Ho-oh, whereas in Pokemon 2000 Lugia kind of talked with Ash and we got to know him a bit, which kind of helped me see this pokemon affected by humans...whereas its hard for me to see Ho-oh affected in any way at all.

dont u remember ware in the first episode ash saw ho-oh flyin in the sky?other than that,ur rite,he duznt hav much to do with the story

I would have to say no to Shadow Ho-Oh since Ho-Oh has already been in a GC game. Also Ho-Oh is a rainbow pokemon and doesn't fit the shadow look.

MonferNOES!

It would probarly look weird... i mean he got so many more colors then lugia. So he would probarly just been very scary, or colorful for black/ white . :s

Raptorg

Psychic/Fire trainer
I would have to say no to Shadow Ho-Oh since Ho-Oh has already been in a GC game. Also Ho-Oh is a rainbow pokemon and doesn't fit the shadow look.

i agree with this

and another thing, how would you call its signature move?

Shadow Lugia has Shadow Blast(Aeroblast) as its signature move.. but how would you call Sacred Fire? Shadow Sacred Fire? sounds kinda dull - and Shadow Fire is already taken by Moltres

for a next i think Dialga and/or Palkia would be much better candidates, their colours are simple and their signature moves Roar of Time and Spacial Rend can be converted much easier namewise

like Roar of Shadow(Shadow Roar) and Shadow Rend

Last edited:

pichu96

That would be pretty cool then you could purify him and put him in one of your gba games that would be awesome;172;

eronia

Sacred Shadow kind of contradicts itself though because I mean how can you have a Sacred Shadow

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
Providing that there will be a new 3D Pokémon RPG, I doubt they will give us a Shadow Ho-Oh, because we already got Ho-Oh in Colosseum.
When we got a new 3D Pokémon RPG, I think, it will bring us a shadow 3 gen Poké, to make us want the 3 gen remakes. This is, of course my thought, because I'm pretty sure they will bring us a 3 gen remake.
So, Rayquaza, because Groudon and Kyogre will be the mascot of the remakes. But, I don't mind when we get a Shadow Ho-Oh, I think it will be pretty cool.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Shadow Ho-oh would be pointless as Ho-oh is already available from Colosseum. However, it might work if a major change in game mechanics (like the one between Gen II and III) occurs again and makes trading impossible.

What colour would a Shadow Ho-oh be? Purple, with black wings? I've always thought of Ho-oh as less dark or creepy than Lugia (even before XD was around), maybe because it's a Fire type.

Sprintking

It's easy to look back now after XD's release and say Ho-oh should've been involved more, but back when Colo was released we were ecstatic just to be able to catch one.

Aquanova

it seem to me that Ho-Oh is the more neglected of that legendary Duo, even though it is the supposed " creator of the Legendary Beasts, which you snag in game. Lugia may be more appealing, so it was decided o be made into a shadow Pokemon too. lets think about it, Lugia had its own movie, where as Ho-oh was seen ver briefly in the anime, first as a teaser for the 2nd gen, the to symbolize Ash continuing his journey as sort of a motivator of sorts( supposedly).