• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Kanto

KingBoo1

The Pokémon Weaver
Table of Contents​
Chapters/One, Two, and Three

Notes​
Chikodrop is one of my fakes I still have to get a full attack list for. Chapter Four will include a wild Pokémon battle, but I still have to get its movelist completed. It evolves into Drizzikrow and Stormikrow, and is Water/Flying with Delta versions being Dark/Electric (which is also suitable for Stormikrow). Chikodrop's Delta type is Normal, and Drizzikrow's is simply Dark.

Last edited:

KingBoo1

The Pokémon Weaver
Chapters/One, Two, and Three

In a small house in Pallet Town...

"Martin! Wake up!" A mother shouted.
"Ugh...school?" Martin groggily replied.
"No, I've been hiding something from you for two years," Mother softly said.
"What?" inquisitively asked Martin.
"Well, you're getting your first Pokémon today." Mother smiled as she replied to Martin's curiosity.
"Really? Wow, Mother! When are we going?" Martin was very excited. He could choose from the Water-type Chikodrop, the Electric-type Kativolt, and the Ground-type Terrabbit.
"Oak's lab, 10:15. Get dressed and put your best clothes on." Mother firmly noted.
"Yes, Mother." Martin agreed.
----
The two drove to Oak's lab at 10:00. Pallet Town had quiet streets. At Oak's lab, Martin mulled over his choice. But Oak changed his matter.
"Double battles are sweeping Kanto. You'll need two Pokémon. Here's another choice, a Castform," Oak said.
Martin chose Chikodrop, which was known to evolve into the powerful Stormikrow, and the Castform, which came built-in with the new Thunderstorm move, turning it into an Electric-type form in addition to the known forms.
As Martin picked up their Poké Balls, Martin felt that something was not right. When he reached home, Poké Balls in a bag, Martin collapsed and was replaced by a spiral of pink and violet. Mother knew that Martin still had the Balls, and if he was going somewhere, he would still have them. But of where Martin was going or what was happening to him, Mother would not know...for a whole year.

Ch.2 follows

Martin saw a double helix of pink, violet, and white, crowned with a black bulb. A silver dot moved through this helix, and he realized he was in said double helix with his new Castform and Chikodrop. Martin could not move on his own, but he could think. And he was thinking about what this double helix was meant for. Finally, Martin reached the black bulb, the end of his route through this vortex land. Suddenly, Martin was sucked into the bulb, and landed in a town. The sky was an eerie violet, which Martin did not recognize being a color that one would see in the sky. He read the nearest sign, trying to figure out where he was. The sign read:

Darkbloom Town
The Municipality Where Shadows Grow and Bloom

Martin figured out why the sky was the color it was, but before he got to that, he looked down, feeling Chikodrop's and Castform's Poké Balls in his white and violet bag. Martin was wearing a neon pink shirt, a lilac skirt, and shoes that matched the color of the sky. Martin also felt that his hair was different. He took a strand and found it the neon pink of his shirt in pigtails! He checked his reflection on a window of a small house. A jolt ran through Martin's mind as he realized why all the pink and violet was on him...

In the transfer, Martin became female at the black bulb! Martin did not comprehend any of this change, but a map Martin saw showed the exact same landmass of Kanto. But no Darkbloom Town existed in Kanto! Martin studied this map intently. Towns on it included Cipher Forge, which was a large port town in the place of the real Kanto's Vermilion City, Nightfire City where Martin recognized Saffron City, and Maroon Island where Cinnabar was. Martin, though, had to think up a female name for herself. She settled on Bryce, and continued from there.

Chapter 3 follows

With Martin transforming into Bryce, the time was right to escape Darkbloom. From here, Bryce walked north, as she had saw that Darkbloom was in place of Pallet Town, his location before what she now called the Helix Transfer. But something stood out: the region name. Bryce thought she saw the title: Map of Shadow Kanto. Bryce realized she WAS in Kanto, but it looked so different. Why was it called Shadow Kanto? With Chikodrop and Castform, she walked onto real Kanto's Route 1, known in Shadow Kanto as Darkbloom-Midnight Road. She avoided wild Pokémon, because she did not know if they would be friendly as in real Kanto. And so, Bryce's journey began, getting answers about the region and trying to get back to real Kanto and escape Shadow Kanto.

Tezza

Bird Master
Ooh, ow. Ouch. Okay mate, this thread will almost certainly be closed so let's try and get some advice in first. Numero Uno. You neeeeed to read the rules, they're so simple and easy. The fact you've neglected to do so paints the picture that you don't care whether people see your story or not.

In a nutshell, each chapter needs to be at least three pages in word long, or about two thousand words.

There are also two things you can do to improve this. First is to read the advice thread, it will discribe correct punctuation and whatnot. Secondly is to read other peoples fanfiction, see how they do it, see how they ones with lots of reviews get them, then rewrite and come back and try again. Persistence is the key and we'll consider this a false start, eh?

KingBoo1

The Pokémon Weaver
Close the thread. It's likely that 1/2/3 will become one chapter under this, and I never read the rules. I'll ask for you to open it when I'm ready.

Can I edit this when the thread is closed?

Yami Ryu

Close the thread. It's likely that 1/2/3 will become one chapter under this, and I never read the rules. I'll ask for you to open it when I'm ready.

Can I edit this when the thread is closed?

Tezza isn't a mod D:

READ THE RULES NOT AN EXCUSE. READ ADVICE FOR ASPIRING AUTHORS. Which is basically what Tezza said.

And I'm betting you wrote this up in the reply box- another rule break. I also bet since you didn't read the rules, and didn't know that what Tezza pointed out (about the length), you can not post multiple chapters in one post.

And no you can not edit a thread when closed, so get to a writing program, and start writing bub.

Oh wait. You already posted multiple chapters in a post. Ooooh. You're gonna have a closed thread anyways. Cause you just one-two-three striked yourself probably :x

Well your own fault for not reading the rules.