• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Lugia

Should Pokémon make a Shadow Ho-Oh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turtlestarf

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So, I've heard many people say that we should be able to obtain Shadow Lugia in-game and in Pokémon TCG. They also say Shadow Lugia should appear in the TV show and movie, even in the manga.

Personally, I think Shadow Lugia should be an alternate form of Lugia by obtaining a special item. I don't know what it would be called, but it would be so cool. I also think Shadow Lugia shoud appear in-game, manga, TV, and all the rest as well.

So, what do you think? Express your ideas of being able to obtain Shadow Lugia in-game too if you want to!

PokemonTrainerKaden

Dude bring it on as a form!

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
I think that they could have made a great arc in the anime focused around Cipher and the creation of XD001, but I don't think it would be any good in the game. XD001 had no different stats, and had Shadow moves in XD. It can't have shadow moves in D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W so it would make little sense now. Although i think a playable TCG version of it would be nice

poizonsting

Pokemon master
People think it's cool whenever there's a "shadow" as a prefix.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Remember that in order to create Shadow Lugia, Cipher performed immorral, unpleasant and probably painful experiments on Lugia, in order to close its heart and corrupt it. It is your aim to purify it and return it to its natural state.

It's kind of dissonant if they let you turn your Lugia into such a monster for fun and profit.

As for appearences in other media, Shadow Lugia's days are long over. If it didn't appear around the release of XD, it's not going to appear, bar an incredibly unlikely remake of XD.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It would be amazing, but I don`t think they would make a sequel after so long

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I don't think they'll ever bring it back, but I think it would have been awesome to have a TV special/manga based on it. Or heck, just based on the Colosseum/XD games in general. :/

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Moneyy

INACTIVE
It would be cool if you could get them both in-game in Pokemon B/W or the third game.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. Shadow Lugia is supposed to be a special Shadow Pokemon. It's also too late to make a Shadow Ho-oh. And unless Pokemon XD and Coloseum are remade for the Wii or the new Wii u, there is no chance of a Shadow Ho-oh or Shadow Lugia.

Last edited:

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I would love Shadow Lugia in games!
And i dont think Shadow Ho-oh would be a good idea.Lugia is Special!

Aegon

No, Shadow Lugia should never be seen again. It's not that special. It was in XD because the game's plot orientated around Shadow Pokémon. Shadow Pokémon are gone, so why would it appear again? "It's epic cos it's has shadow in its name!" is not a reason.

Aquanova

Id like to see Shadow Lugia as an alternate Lugia forme, cause I like the way it looks and I never bought and played Pokemon XD( not really an excuse I know)Shadow Ho-oh would be interesting to see as well.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Remember that in order to create Shadow Lugia, Cipher performed immorral, unpleasant and probably painful experiments on Lugia, in order to close its heart and corrupt it. It is your aim to purify it and return it to its natural state.

It's kind of dissonant if they let you turn your Lugia into such a monster for fun and profit.

As for appearences in other media, Shadow Lugia's days are long over. If it didn't appear around the release of XD, it's not going to appear, bar an incredibly unlikely remake of XD.

Pretty much the bolded. The goal of Gale of Darkness was to save the Shadow Pokemon by Purifying them. They weren't supposed to stay Shadows. It wouldn't make much sense to have a Shadow Lugia (or anything else) appear as something you can use in the main-series games.

Anyway, it's been long enough since Gale of Darkness that it would have appeared by now if it was ever going to show up in the cards, anime, manga, etc. Unlikely remakes aside, I don't see it happening. (Though I will admit it would have been nice to see Orre in the anime/one of the mangas.)

Now a sequel on the other hand would probably have a different Shadow Pokemon - I can't see Lugia being caught by Cipher twice. Regigigas is one of the hardest legendaries to get (in DPPt it requires transferring Pokemon from GBA games which can't be played on the newest hardware. Or an event (of which I believe there's only been one)). In other words, Regigigas is the hardest non-event-only legendary to obtain, placing it in a similar situation to Lugia and Ho-oh in Gen 3. As such, I'd doubt Shadow Lugia would return in the rest of the franchise even if there was a sequel, though whatever other Shadow Legend might have a chance.

Last edited:

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Everyone claims that a Colosseum/XD remake is drastically unlikely and I agree, but what about another sequel? If they are indeed remaking 3rd gen (which may or may not happen), then who's to say that the PBR remake won't be another installment in the Orre saga? But I digress. Unless that happens, I don't think we'll be seeing Shadow Lugia again, nor would I really want to because it had it's moment in XD and there's no point in ruining that. As for Shadow Ho-oh, the concept of a dark rainbow pokemon is very appealing. I don't think that we'll ever see though. Now a Shadow other-legendary? Good idea for a sequel. Shadow Arceus anyone?

Now I'm sounding crazy. Good nite.

Last edited: