1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shadow Necrosis Discussion

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by Avenger Angel, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Avenger Angel

Avenger Angel Warrior of Heaven

I think even if you got access to that instantly, it would only just be a start. While I would approve of you guys getting it here and now, I think more might need to be added onto that.

2. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

We're working on much bigger project than Giratina and some sub-race, so when AA says that even our project wouldnt be enough...

I dunno, really? Think about the side-effects such a capability would have? Especially in morale. I mean, really?

3. Andydemon

Andydemon Nanomachines, Son!

You're forgetting about Izayoi, he made his own Xiav character. If he stays active than that number gets bumped up to 9v12. If not than it goes down to 8v11, which while still keeping things in our favor could still be manageable.

4. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

I think with only a 3 man lead, our project should definitely be enough to compensate.

5. Avenger Angel

That's true, and I definitely think it would have a pretty significant effect on neutral NPCs. But even so, the whole RP depends on a fragile few Xiav RPers. Considering how many characters Sonne has, it wouldn't take long at all for us to work around it. That's why I'm thinking this would only just be a start. Even adding what Primal suggested probably wouldn't be enough either...

6. Agent Tectonic

Agent Tectonic From Ashes, I Come

These plans sound so interesting. . . I can't wait to see them executed, even for a small amount of time.

7. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

If you're really that adamant that such an ability wouldn't be enough... we could always drop/reduce a drawback or two... That way it's scarier to PC players too.

Honestly, I dont think its that bad if there's only a 3 man loss. Because think about it: You know how deadly Meeker I can be already. We're actually holding on more than you'd expect! Especially since there arent many Xiav characters doing anything right now. It's basically Eris, Aeron, and Crystal vs every active Sonne player! And we're not getting creamed in two seconds! Albeit, thats due to most of Sonne's members also not making progress, but still... And then you give us this already almost OP ability, which almost forces us to work together... Honestly, even I'm scared of it! And I'm one of the people who could use it!

But if you're sure...

8. Avenger Angel

I would take out the part where you need two people to cast it, because it's been a rare circumstance that two Xiav RPers are in the same local area, and that casting it means you can't use Xiav abilities for three posts. But I would agree that Xiav should have access to it right now. I honestly don't care what kind of deus ex machina you need to pull off to make in possible storyline-wise. But yeah, I would tack on a few other things as well, because this imbalance has been going on for quite a while and every time I think things have been balanced, I do another active member check and it's a whole different story.

9. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

Wait, are you serious? That alone... That alone would be devastating!
    EDIT: You do remember this thing has a range of, like, a mile and half, right?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  10. Andydemon

Would you quit blowing it out of proportion? You're making it sound like it's the most OP thing in the world.

Didn't we just establish that a soon to be three man lead wasn't all that bad? And yet Avenger's suddenly okay with giving you guys something that's starting to sound like a total instant win button. I need to know exactly what this is.

11. Meeker

Meeker It needs a fence.

Well, mind you, I think Avenger's taking this whole imbalance thing WAY too far. We're not going to make an instant win button, don't worry. And we won't use it every time. Instantly winning is never fun!

12. Andydemon

At least you seem to think so, and thank you for being somewhat reassuring. At least now it just looks like Brutaka's getting carried away.

13. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

It isn't... but it would become incredibly broken if we followed AA's advice in removing those regulations. Both Meeker and I agree that it would be far too powerful.

I was okay with a 3 man loss if our project is allowed to come to fruition faster. But AA thinks that our project isn't even enough. I still find it funny that he green-lighted the thing so easily, way back when he did.
    And unfortunately, I can't tell you. It's half Meeker's project, and he says to keep it secret. Cuz I still dont know about the Silver Lotus Project.

14. Andydemon

Well it better not be something that's in line with what Project Silver Lotus was intended to be, because it's not fair that you guys get to have something like that just because Avenger said you could after Meeker called foul on our own project.

15. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

I dont know what the Silver Lotus is/was, so I can't say. But I could have sworn that AA just suspended it because of the imbalance.

16. Andydemon

Also, I wouldn't exactly call Avenger the best person to go to in regards to whether something is OP or not considering how lenient he is.

17. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

No, but he also has one of the only 2 opinions that matter the most. Meeker and I are already expecting you and Bron to be all over this project, trying to getting to prevent it from ever happening. Which is why we aren't telling you. I dont want to be mean, but we can't every idea we come up with smashed into the ground.

18. Andydemon

I think we have a right to know what something is so we can decide for ourselves whether it's OP or not before it's too late for us to say anything about it. If it's really not that bad then you should have nothing to hide, right?

19. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

I've had that thought, but Meeker says to keep it under wraps. *shrug*
    Both GM's said it's fine, so whatever.

20. Andydemon

One GM called foul on one of our projects, and the other is lenient. I think I have a right to be suspicious. If you really think it's okay, then share it, if for no better reason than so I can make sure Avenger's leniency isn't being taken advantage of.