1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shadow Necrosis Discussion

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by Avenger Angel, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

We're not really taking advantage of it considering AA is pushing for us to make it stronger.

2. Andydemon

Andydemon Nanomachines, Son!

Again, he's lenient, and even Meeker said that Avenger's taking the imbalance too far if he's telling you guys to make it stronger. That just makes me even more suspicious.

3. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

Well, the project is balanced as it is. Buff it anymore, and it begins to be questionable. I know why AA's doing it though. In a situation where there are less Xiav than Sonne, since we cant balance it with people, we can always make the Xiav players stronger to compensate. But this is a bit too much.

I don't know what the Silver Lotus Project was, but I did design ours to help us match it when it came to be. This was going to be our "big project", the one we invested the most time in.

4. Andydemon

If that's the case, then actually invest that time into that project to justify it's power. If you think Avenger's taking the imbalance too far then at least do that much.

The most I can ask is that you at least don't do anything with it until after Xeros and Norea turn to your side, Azurus joins you guys and we see if Izayoi is going to be active with his new Xiav character or not. Because I don't like the idea of doing something to balance out a 5v12 player disadvantage for a long period of time only for those numbers to suddenly bump up to 9v12 or 8v11 shortly afterwards, it just sounds like you'll end up getting an advantage we won't be able to recover from once those numbers go up in that case.

5. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

We were going to. It was going to be this big project, like big projects are. Not sure what AA is talking about. Fastforwarding it a bit to help with a small imbalance, fine, but even deus ex machina instant attainment is too much. Let alone any buffs. i see that full and well.

Even with speeding the project up, I wouldnt dream of doing it before Xeros's & Norea's conversion. As for Azurus, it'd depend on how long it takes him to get into the RP. Izayoi hasn't been touching his Xiav character any, so if it took him too long, then Id probably ignore that bit too. But it would definitely not happen until a bit after both conversions, simply because of story.

6. Andydemon

Glad to hear you think that way. Because when you think about it, this is just the same imbalance that prompted the decision to convert Xeros to Xiav's side. The balancing measures just haven't been implemented yet, so I think Avenger's being a bit too quick to place more balancing measures.

True, we'd still be leading in numbers even after Xeros, Norea, and Azurus join your side. But a three person disadvantage isn't unmanageable, especially because four of our PCs, my Ryuka & Richard, and Bron's Shion & Renee, are actually just a pair of characters that will almost always be together. Great for going up against enemy PCs, not so great with covering and securing more ground.

7. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

By that argument, Norea wont matter so much, since she'll basically be glued to Aeron. But!

I do agree that a 3 person disadvantage is fine for me. But AA argues that many of our people are "fragile", or unreliable. In fact, when everything's said and done, only Meeker, AT, and I are posting enough match most of your posts.

8. Andydemon

I think the best thing to do would be to hold off on anything until things actually get balanced out from the last time we did a numbers check like this, because that hasn't even happened yet. Once Xeros and Norea get converted, and Azurus joins, things won't look as bad as Avenger's making them out to be, and I think he'll see that once things do change.

9. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

That is assuming that Azu can post as much you guys can, and AT figures out what to do with a Xiav Xeros. Xiav-Norea wont matter much in the long run, since, as I said, she'll be with Aeron 24/7. Still. No need to go crazy now.

10. bronislav84

bronislav84 I <3 Catgirls

I'm not happy about Azu flipflopping on me, especially with how hard we worked with figuring out how to make it make sense to get his character into the RP. I have half a mind to have her come up evil after all, thus killing her and forcing Azu to make a new one. Because this one was going to be a NICE character, which now has to get corrupted cause of an imbalance which I find as stupid a reason as Xeros being converted. If he's going to do that anyway I'd rather it been a bad character to begin with that gets resurrected by dark magic so there's no hard feelings when Renee meets her again.
    Why are you bringing me into this and assuming? The only thing that would actually scare me are the insane things, like one shot kills on players, and that's never okay no matter the imbalance.

GUYS this is a terrible time to judge activity, because there's been a holiday season for the Christians. I think they'll be back, and you guys are just blowing this out of proportion.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  11. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

-_- Azurus chose to go to Xiav on his own. I don't think it has much to do with numbers. And Azu never guaranteed that Azuria would be nice. Azu left that bit open, that way he could decide. So don't go being mean to him or his character. Azurus is my friend, and I wont have any of that.

Cuz you and Andy are the only ones who complain about what we do -_-

back? BACK? They never went anywhere! How many of these people have even posted once?

12. bronislav84

No, he chose to go good and that I'd help him to go good. That was what we were going to post as when we worked out the details. So you're wrong, and now we need to get her killed I think.

I told you, the only thing that would scare me would be if you were actually by some godforsaken idiocy would be allowed to one shot players. Like that would ever happen, so don't bring me into that.

Its called holidays. I don't celebrate and even I know that.

13. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

December 21st, Azurus told me he basically decided to enter the RP under the Xiav banner. He didn't message you 'till the 22nd. From all the messages Ive read between Azurus and you, me, AA, and AT, Azuria was going to start neutral and be allowed to be swayed in either direction. It was only recently that he really made up his mind. And I can just tell him to start Azuria somewhere far from your characters. And don't think for one second that he wont listen to me. So stop being a jerk just because he decided to go with a different team.

We've argued about more than just that.

This RP was made back in October! I dunno about you, but two months is enough time to get one post out, holiday or not.

14. bronislav84

Excuse me I'm being a jerk? Hello? It was his idea to come to me. I can find the stone without him if he so chooses, but he hasn't. I'm done talking about this with you unless your name changes to Azurus.

I have no idea what you're talking about, and don't have time to care about it right now. Sorry man, no hard feeling please.

A lot of these characters were made recently around the holiday time. Give people a chance, and stop arguing.

15. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

Considering you want to mercilessly kill off his character like only Xiav would, yeah, I'd say so. Also:

Anyways, guess what I just spent an half an hour or so doing? Well, there's the problem:
    (The numbers by the names are how many turns that character has taken)

Brotherhood of Sonne
    Kaxo - Avenger - 30
    Ryuka - Andy - 22
    Richard -Andy - 22
    Raphael - Primal - 20
    Shion - Bron - 14
    Renee - Bron - 14
    Aaron - TheCharredDragon - 10
    Thibault - Ginger - 7
    Esme - Ginger - 6
    Xeros - Agent - 6
    Seanna - Izayoi - 6
    Essa - Corrosion - 5

Number of Players who've posted: 12
    Total Turn Count: 162
    Average # of Turns per player character: 13.5

Order of Xiav
    Eris - Meeker -12
    Aeron - Brutaka -9
    Crystal - Brutaka -9
    Weavus - Agent - 8
    Philemon - Contrail -4
    Valarie - TheCharredDragon - 4
    Pandora - Tixen -2
    Elias - Niihyl - 2
    Titanium - Swampurtz - 1
    Leixin - Kanima - 1

Number of Players who've posted: 10
    Total Turn Count: 52
    Average # of Turns per player character: 5.2

That's why it feels so unbalanced.

16. bronislav84

Xiav deserve it. That's how holy electricity works on corrupt NPCs. Have you even read it? All this means we need to redo the entire idea we had, regardless.

So all that information really means is that Xiav need to step up their game, not poach Xeros and whoever else.

17. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

You can't kill PC's without giving them a chance. It's in the rules. Have you even read them?
    And didn't you read what I told you before? Azu is starting his character somewhere where Weavus can kidnap her.

There's a difference between posting more often than us and flooding the RP. Our most active player is outdone by half of all the people who have ever posted for Sonne!
    You can't just say, "Oh post more often" i have a job, you know.

18. bronislav84

And this is why you shouldn't quote people so soon. Now your quote is outdated and you look silly. Go read my post again.

Well Azu needs to have talked to me more, because I wasn't told any of this. He will get back to me and we will finalize what will happen in posts 3 and 4. If we're not meeting then I need to know by then.

As for posting more often, blame Primal. I post every couple of days. Definitely not flooding the RP.

19. Brutaka

Brutaka Ignition

Thats not the point. The point is that he started off wanting to be Xiav, told AA and me about it, then he talked to you about whatever the heck, and then came back to his original decision anyways. He was originally going to go Xiav, and now he still is. Tada, magic!

Thats funny, he talked to me about all this.

What's Primal got to do with this? AA and Andy have both posted more than he has. And AA, Andy, you, and Primal have all posted more than our most active member.

20. bronislav84

Well then we need to redo the entire idea, because he never told me any of that. Just stop talking about Azu and let me figure out the part that has to do with me, or doesn't. You telling me stuff doesn't matter to me, sorry. I need to know from the Absol's mouth. And you're still quoting when I told you to stop.

Apparently he thinks it's fine to keep me in the dark. I see how it is. -.-

He has a lot to do with this, because he's stepped up his posting lately. He posts basically after anybody else. I post like once every couple of days.