1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shadow Of A Drought! (144)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - The Johto Journeys' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Shadow Of A Drought!

Finally in Azalea, A town with Many Slowpoke, Ash & Co. arrive to find the entire town is in a Drought. Ash accidently angers the locals by stepping on a Slowpoke's tail, Ash must go into hiding. Will he get the Slowpoke to Rain Dance before the locals get him?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Although I'm not a big fan of slowpokes or Maisy, this episode is pretty interesting. Team Rocket kind of save the day in a way they weren't even meaning to. They tried to capture slowpokes to pay for rain, and end up just making the slowpokes finally come out and making it rain by yawning. That was interesting. :) I think they made it a little too obvious that Kurt is the man in the slowpoke disguise, however. They should have done a better job of hiding it.

3. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

I thought this episode was.. uh.. meh..but in a good way :D. It was okay, but i think they couldve done a little better.

4. squirtleboy12

squirtleboy12 christian 4ever

a goood filler aulthoght imnot a fan of slowpoke either

9/10

5. I like Slowpoke episodes because slowpoke are goofy, they take forever to do anything, lol, a decent episode, I guess

6. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

A nice episode nice yo see Ash & company make it Azelea Town finally, nice idea Misty had in using her water Pokemon to provide relieve from the heat. The Slowpoke were fun to watch all of them yawning and the rain appearing afterwards was nice to watch. I really think they could've done a better job at hiding Kurt in that Slowpoke costume it was obvious from the start who he was.

7. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

this episode was allright but i've seen better episodes. 6/10.

8. Mr. Smile

Mr. Smile Active Member

This filler episode was great in my opinion! I loved the way Ash, Misty, Brock, & Kurt looked when they were disguised as Slowpoke. 8/10

9. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

Goodie, the Slowpoke episode... It was quite good ^_^ Kurt was just as crotchety in the games as he is in the anime <3 It was also pretty fun seeing Ash, Misty & Brock in Slowpoke costumes ^_^

10. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

The whole drought seemed way over exaggerated but it was a good episode.

11. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

It was a nice episode...its just...i dont like slowpoke =/

12. Hibachi

Hibachi Grass Pokemon Expert

It was a good episode. I liked that Ash, Misty, and Brock finally made it to Azalea Town. I am confused at when Ash, Misty, and Brock are running from the town people and they just put on their Slowpoke costumes. I noticed that Pikachu and Togepi were still right next to them, yet they were still not recognized. It was a little obvious that Kurt was the man in the Slowpoke costume. The plaot was good I thought. The Slowpoke yawning to cause rain is just another mystery in pokemon.

13. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Finaly the friends got Azalea, it take them too much time.
    I loved Slowpoke's Rain Dance, it was great for the water in the city...

14. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Lol I loved the beginning. Ash and Co. walking in the desert and then using Water Pokemon to keep cool.

I liked this episode, because the main characters were in fur-suits. I liked how the citizens of Azalea got angry when Ash stepped on Slowpoke's tail even though it didn't appear to hurt Slowpoke very much.

The scene were the Slowpoke yawn was epic so was the scene where TR's Diglett robot gets hit with the wave of rainwater. 8/10

15. JohnLee

JohnLee Well-Known Member

This is one of the funnier johto filler episodes! When the gang were hiding in those slowepoke, I laughed. Kurt is one of those angry old people. Slowpoke, in general are just fun to watch.

16. saar

saar Shiny Flygon

The Slowpoke were poor. Team Rocket tried to ruin their cave. I think it's the second time Team Rocket using a Diglett machine.

17. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

I loved the giant Diglett machine Team Rocket used in this episode only because I like Diglett. Team Rocket was actually pretty amusing in this episode too so that was a plus. Usually, Slowpoke aren't really appealing to me but they were really cute in this episode especially when the towns people overreacted with Ash stepping on one's tail.

18. G50

G50 No longer posting

Didn't really like this episode. Just another Slowpoke episode... This was a necessary episode however. The Diglett machine was bizarre... The Slowpoke yawn and the rain effect was very cool.

10/100

19. TheEpicGoomba

TheEpicGoomba Me Gusta

Yay Slowpoke. The Slowpoke yawning was cute. Don't have much to say.

7/10

20. Nice episode! Slowpoke is a funny Pokemon! Kurt made a great debute, with the Slowpoke costume. Ash, Misty and Brock in Slowpoke costumes were even more awesome. Only that is enough to give this episode 10/10.