• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Of A Drought! (144)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't mind Kurt's role however cuz even in the games, he didn't do much since he got injured when he tried to stop Team Rocket from taking the Slowpokes. I found it highly convenient that he ended up being the exact person that Ash was supposed to give the GS ball to tho.

Given Hiwada Town's apparent small size and diminutive population, Satoshi running into Gantetsu so quickly wasn't too convenient. Certainly not as exasperating as other character encounters he's had.

Vipsoccermaster

It's a good episode featuring the start of Azalea Town, Slowpoke, and the introduction of Kurt. Team Rocket were pretty crazy, not knowing they sort of saved the day in the end. Slowpoke actually saved the day by escaping the Slowpoke Well and calling for the rain to come and get rid of the drought.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Slowpoke actually saved the day by escaping the Slowpoke Well and calling for the rain to come and get rid of the drought.

In hindsight, I wonder why the Yadon in Hiwada Town waited so long to save the area from the drought. Hiwada Town was miserable for a long time apparently, yet the Yadon didn't help until the Rocket-dan showed up, although I guess that we're meant to think that the Yadon population only acted on a whim.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Azalea Town's drought didn't make sense. Why was the town even near a desert suddenly when it was close to a forest in the GSC games?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Azalea Town's drought didn't make sense. Why was the town even near a desert suddenly when it was close to a forest in the GSC games?

Clearly the writers took some liberties with the setting by making it arid, although the drought subplot itself was taken from the games since a drought did happen in Hiwada Town.

Daizy

I call you honey
Azalea Town's lack of water was similar to that one town in Kanto that had no water because of Snorlax and the vines.

But this time it was not a Pokemon's fault.

I wish Kurt had a bigger role here instead of him hurting his back when he went to the Slowpoke Well. And his granddaughter deserved some attention also.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I wish Kurt had a bigger role here instead of him hurting his back when he went to the Slowpoke Well. And his granddaughter deserved some attention also.

He served his purpose by telling Satoshi and friends about the town's history. He was old anyway, so he couldn't have done much else to help them fight the Rocket-dan.

I thought that the GS ball would take priority over the drought, but I guess that bit was being saved for later. The drought reminded me of a historic drought that we had where I live, so I can totally empathize with Azalea Town. Slowpoke making rain clouds appear was a nice touch even if it doesn't make sense but hey this is Pokemon so it didn't need to.

I liked how Ash and his pals thought to use their Water Pokemon to cool down in the desert since it was smart of them. Azalea Town suffering from a drought was a good idea for a story line since it followed the legend of Slowpoke from the GSC games. I thought that Kurt getting hurt trying to stop Team Rocket was too bad and I wish he had had a Pokemon to use against them. The Slowpoke yawn scene and the Diglett mecha getting drowned were my favorite parts. 7/10