• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Stars League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I am OPEN!

Also, i won't be open till 3rd March because of exams. It's the last time i am open, so challengers, make sure to do your best!

Also, I made a normal battle team that i want to try out, so if anyone could help me, i'd appreciate it!

EDIT:

Challenger's name: Prakhar
Leader Type & Owner: Fire, Yukomov
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Crobat, Heatran, Keldeo-r, M-Venusaur, Umbreon, and Porygon-2
Challenger Result: Leader win (Me: 0 left, Leader: 1 left)
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
Comments about the match: VERY close game, my keldeo brought down her last pokemon to red, and a supereffective move ko'ed my keldeo! Also, nice mega and the move!

Last edited:

phantomclaw

Challenger's name: *Kyurem*
Leader Type & Owner: phantomclaw, Fighting
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Shuckle, Gardevoir, Latios, Ferrothorn, Talonflame, Ninetails
Challenger Result: Win 1-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: I mispredicted an item and chose a wrong move giving him the win

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Fire Gym is OPEN for a while. PM/VM; Prakhar, if you'd like to battle, as you wanted a while ago, you'll get priority. Just shoot me a PM/VM, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible for that.

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
active post

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Leader Type & Owner: Fire (Yukomov)
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Venusaur, Heatran, Keldeo, Umbreon, Porygon2, Crobat
Challenger Result: Loss (Prakhar: 0, Yukomov: 1)
Rate your performance: 9/10
Comments about the match: Though it wasn't a huge detriment this time around, I'm getting sick of seeing Heatran on recent challengers' teams. Absolutely sick of it. All the same, though, this match was pretty close right to the end - where my item choice saved my hide and secured the win. I did forget Keldeo was Water-type as well as Fighting, which had an impact on one of my decisions, but eh. GG!

Prakhar

Flying Gym CLOSED!

I have got some new pokemon up my sleeves!

Last edited:

*Kyurem*

Leader Type & Owner: Fire (Yukomov)
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Venusaur, Heatran, Keldeo, Umbreon, Porygon2, Crobat
Challenger Result: Loss (Prakhar: 0, Yukomov: 1)
Rate your performance: 9/10
Comments about the match: Though it wasn't a huge detriment this time around, I'm getting sick of seeing Heatran on recent challengers' teams. Absolutely sick of it. All the same, though, this match was pretty close right to the end - where my item choice saved my hide and secured the win. I did forget Keldeo was Water-type as well as Fighting, which had an impact on one of my decisions, but eh. GG!

You should try modifying your team a bit so you can cream them. They're pretty easy to beat with the right Pokemon!

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
You should try modifying your team a bit so you can cream them. They're pretty easy to beat with the right Pokemon!

I could, but it doesn't change the fact that it's legendary AND has Flash Fire. Of course, I hate using legendary Pokemon to begin with, so to each their own, I suppose. (Besides, I DO have a check to that already. It's not perfect, but it is still a check.) As I've said once before, using Flash Fire against a Fire Gym is a brilliant strategy for a challenger, so I'm not torn up about that.

Fire Gym is closed.

EDIT: As an aside, I feel like I've just been a huge crybaby about the whole Heatran issue. I get that it has weaknesses, and that some use it for Rocks. It's just annoying to see as the Fire Gym Leader because of its Ability and the stats it gets as a legendary Pokemon. I apologize if I rubbed some people the wrong way. Long as it's not Uber/banned, it's viable. Even the most annoying things.

Last edited:

*Kyurem*

I could, but it doesn't change the fact that it's legendary AND has Flash Fire. Of course, I hate using legendary Pokemon to begin with, so to each their own, I suppose. (Besides, I DO have a check to that already. It's not perfect, but it is still a check.)

Pssh, legendary or not, it's still just a Pokemon.
I'm not entirely sure why this league as rules against them anyways since they're the same as any Pokemon. If they weren't they'd be in Uber tier, where the higher than standard ones go xD

That's a pretty good check you got, so I guess you just have to plan accordingly for it!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I could, but it doesn't change the fact that it's legendary AND has Flash Fire. Of course, I hate using legendary Pokemon to begin with, so to each their own, I suppose. (Besides, I DO have a check to that already. It's not perfect, but it is still a check.) As I've said once before, using Flash Fire against a Fire Gym is a brilliant strategy for a challenger, so I'm not torn up about that.

Fire Gym is OPEN. PM/VM. If I don't respond immediately, give me, at most, a half hour. I check in periodically.

being legendary doesn't really mean much tbh its the current OU teir pokemon atm I would advice you to fix your team to something that can counter things like this which I would suggest a few if you want privately if you need team build help. Im just trying to help out if you want it though. I would always feel that flash fire would be used since it is a fire gym after all which I would prepare for it with a counter to fight back to defend your gym.

anyway fairy gym will be open tommorow since it be a snow day tommorow :3

Prakhar

Well, i just use it cuz its my most efficient stealth rock user.
Also, any ground move OHKO'es heatran, so use HP ground or e-quake or e-power or something like that.

Also, being legendary does not mean being OP, look at regigigas!

Also, last day (probably) of flying gym being OPEN!

Prakhar

Well, i got sick and am having an off from school, so you might just say that:

gym is CLOSED!

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Jeez, there needs to be more active leaders here so I can battle them >_< I only need a few more!!!

sorry I am active just a busy person thats all I hope to open my gym sometime this week though

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
Username/Nickname:Zombie
Friend Code (FC & GMT Time Zone): 3797-8420-5585 GMT -5
Desired Leader Type: Rock Type
Do you have at least 4 Pokémon of the represented type: Yes
Why do you wish to apply? I want to be the best Rock type gym leader there ever was
Preferred battle style(s): Singles (preferably Lvl 100)
Badge name: Brick Badge
Have you read all rules carefully? Yes sir!

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Forgot to close the Fire Gym when it was last open. Whoops. ^^;

I also wanted to apologize for not being consistent as of late. Started a new job last week, and it's been keeping me busier than I anticipated.

EDIT: Not a fan of double posting, so I'll keep doing this whole Edit thing if mine is last post.

Fire Gym is closed again.

Last edited:

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Fire Gym is closed. Hopefully, the next time I'm online, my computer will have recovered... found a potential fix.

EDIT: Computer still busted. Still using older, slower computer. Think I know what the problem is, and it's not easily fixed for me at present...

Anyway, Fire Gym is closed again. There may yet be another fix for my computer (got looking it up again). Will try it.

EDIT2: Aaand again. Seems pretty quiet here...

Fire Gym is closed again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.