• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Stars League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd kind of prefer if you kept your main position so that we can have as many hands as possible in terms of main and backup positions (that would be, at maximum, 46 different people).... but it's also quite possible that backup positions will almost never be used. I suppose you can consult with the person that holds that main position and see if that's okay - at this point, I think everyone would rather be available just on the off chance a challenger comes along. Haha. ^^; Doesn't hurt to ask, though.

...... Even though I didn't expect to win, I must say that Wego made a spectacular turnaround anyway in our battle tonight. Got him down to 2 Pokemon, and he basically wiped out my 4/5 remaining Pokemon with Milotic (Venasaur also wiped out a Pokemon or two). I'll also admit I wasn't prepped for a full 6-on-6 battle in Singles (thought it'd be 3-on-3...... Oops.), but that's not an excuse. ^^;

Anyway, nice battle, Wego! Did it for fun, and it was. :D

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Fire Gym is closed for the evening. Will be open tomorrow.

Last edited:

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Fire Gym is closed for the evening, but Phantomclaw's challenge is still pending. If I do come back online, it's only to battle Phantom.

Last edited:

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Umm hello, dircio decided to be the backup leader for the gym and me to be the main one.
My team is all ready, and if allowed, i am open!!
Edit: CLOSED!
And thnx yukomov

Last edited:

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
If you two have sorted it out, I don't see why you couldn't be open. Welcome aboard, Prakhar! ^^

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Hoenn Elite, active post.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Was NOT Phantomclaw I battled. Thought it was, because I was challenged to a battle. >.< Was challenged shortly after by someone else - probably Phantom. Ugh, this is frustrating...

Last edited:

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Challenger's name: Phantomclaw
Leader Type & Owner: Fire (Yukomov)
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Heatran, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Electivire, Terrakion, Chansey
Challenger Result: 1 (me) / 2 (Phantomclaw) - his connection crashed
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 10/10
Comments about the match: Had spaced out the rule about Counter teams - particularly, the part that enforces 'strong against/resists type'. Heatran resists Fire-types with its Ability (feeling tired, and it's showing! x.x), Terrakion/Tyranitar are super-effective against them, and Garchomp both resists AND is super-effective against Fire-types. In effect, Phantomclaw used a Counter team against the Fire Gym. I figured that, what with the confusion of who I was actually fighting earlier, it'd be inconveniencing Phantomclaw if I pointed this out to him before the battle; I had no idea if he had another Pokemon to swap in to make it 'not a Counter team'. Were it not for the fact that he wasn't sure when he'd be online for another battle, I probably would have enforced this from the very beginning.

The battle itself... I had a few 'derp' moments. Forgot what Heatran's Ability was, and ended up throwing a Fire-type move against it. Couldn't remember if Terrakion was Rock or Ground (knew it was part Fighting), though since they're both strong against Fire, it was mostly a matter of 'what do?'. In all, not one of my finer performances to date, but I still think I did okay, considering what I was up against. I am genuinely curious as to how the battle would have ended, had he not disconnected... I imagine he'd have won (Mega Garchomp out, Terrakion in the wings... against my last Pokemon).

In all, by the League rules, he used a Counter team, but rather than make him wait for another battle, I decided to face the odds anyway. The battle itself was fairly intense and kept me on my toes.

EDIT: Adding the rule pertaining to Counter teams for clarity, putting the points I made in bold and underlining them.

3b) Some Pokemon have multiple weaknesses, so keep in mind that you CAN'T have three Ice-types and three Dragon-types when going up against the Dragon Gym. Remember: No Counter Teams, which are Teams comprised of four or more Pokemon that are super-effective against or resist that Leader's main Type.

Last edited:

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
His Ability, as you pointed out in your last PM to me, makes him immune to Fire-type moves. There may be no rule saying it's forbidden to use Abilities that resist the Gym's chosen type (Flash Fire, Water Absorb, Motor Drive to name a few), but the immunity itself DOES render Fire-types completely useless... and against the Fire Gym, it's a definite way of countering Fire-type moves.

There is no other way to define 'immunity' other than 'unaffected by'. Because of Flash Fire on Heatran, it's immune to Fire-type moves.

EDIT: At this point, we should get Obito's say on the matter, since it's his/her League and they're his/her rules. If Obito says it's permitted, I'll give you the victory - because as things were looking, it wouldn't surprise me if you won; I'll also edit my post so as not to confuse people. If Obito doesn't... well, that's another matter altogether. If this is the course Obito takes, I'll give you a rematch with a Pokemon to fill in for one of the four that counter Fire-types.

In all, it's up to Obito's word now, and I'll abide by the decision, whichever way it goes.

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
I'm not sure if heatran is a Counter or not because he is not actually immune to fire.

It is, considering Flame Body is unreleased. Even if it were, using Flash Fire against a Fire leader is stupid and you shouldn't do it. Same goes for Thick Fat and other immunization abilities.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
It is, considering Flame Body is unreleased. Even if it were, using Flash Fire against a Fire leader is stupid and you shouldn't do it. Same goes for Thick Fat and other immunization abilities.

As an aside, I would argue it's 'stupid'. Using Flash Fire against a Fire Gym is brilliant - but in my opinion, counts toward the 'Counter' limit. Same thing goes with other, similar Abilities - they're brilliant, but count toward Counters.

To be on the receiving end, though, IS frustrating. I was a little disappointed to see the move fizzle. If I'd paid more attention, it wouldn't have caught me by surprise... but then, I don't really pay attention to legendary Pokemon much anyway. Don't like using them.

Doesn't really matter I'll rebattle just needed heatran for stealth rocks

And once you've got Rocks up, it still sits on the team with Flash Fire available. Not that there was anything that was weak to Fire on your team, but it could have been used as a switch-in if you anticipated a Fire-type move.

Again, depending on Obito's word, we'll see. If it's approved, the victory is yours (I doubt I'd have outsped Mega Garchomp/Terrakion both, and hit them hard enough to OHKO if I did). A rematch against that exact same team would want me to 'reset' the fight, back to where we left off. We can both agree that we used moves with questionable accuracy, so there's that to consider...

Last edited:

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Flying Gym open for an hour!

Last edited:

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Fire Gym is closed for the evening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.