• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Stars League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Fire Gym is closed for the evening.

Also, I want to apologize for not being consistent lately. :/ Life, and all that...

Last edited:

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Challenger's name: *Kyurem*
Leader Type & Owner: Fire (Yukomov)
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Zapdos, Tyranitar, Lapras, Heatran, Shuckle, Gardevoir
Challenger Result: Win (*Kyurem*: 4, Yukomov: 0 )
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 10/10
Comments about the match: That Shuckle definitely ruined me. Made me wish I still had an entry hazard user; it's ironic that I say that, because I USED to... but never saw entry hazards when I had something to clear them away. Saw no point, and yet since then, most, if not all, of my battles have had at least Stealth Rock up. I also made a poor decision against Zapdos, and realized I'd come to regret the decision I'd made to sacrifice that one thing I shouldn't have. :/ Still, GG.

*Kyurem*

Leader Type & Owner: Fire (Yukomov)
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Zapdos, Tyranitar, Lapras, Heatran, Shuckle, Gardevoir
Challenger Result: Win (*Kyurem*: 4, Yukomov: 0 )
Rate your performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: That Shuckle definitely ruined me. Made me wish I still had an entry hazard user; it's ironic that I say that, because I USED to... but never saw entry hazards when I had something to clear them away. Saw no point, and yet since then, most, if not all, of my battles have had at least Stealth Rock up. I also made a poor decision against Zapdos, and realized I'd come to regret the decision I'd made to sacrifice that one thing I shouldn't have. :/ Still, GG.

I was debating to use Kyurem or not, but it's a good thing I didn't because that one Pokemon you used against Zapdos would have done some damage! I completely forgot in the first move of the match that Fairy isn't very effective against Fire, so it's ok! xD

Last edited:

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Please edit out the name of the Pokemon I used. ^^; I don't think there's a hard rule against it, but I'd rather not give other potential challengers a small amount of insight as to who/what's on my team before they challenge me. XD

I just wish I'd been a bit smarter on Zapdos. Slowing it down was a good idea - worked to my advantage, I guess - but that battle would have gone very differently if switches had been made. :/ Not saying I'd have won, but it wouldn't have been over quite so fast. XD

EDIT: Thank you for editing out the name. ^^

Last edited:

*Kyurem*

Please edit out the name of the Pokemon I used. ^^; I don't think there's a hard rule against it, but I'd rather not give other potential challengers a small amount of insight as to who/what's on my team before they challenge me. XD

I just wish I'd been a bit smarter on Zapdos. Slowing it down was a good idea - worked to my advantage, I guess - but that battle would have gone very differently if switches had been made. :/ Not saying I'd have won, but it wouldn't have been over quite so fast. XD

Whoops, sorry!! Hey, I came to become the champ, so I made sure to go all out against ya! xD
Am I the first one with your badge?

Also, how many badges do the other challengers have? It'd be more convenient if that was listed in the first post!

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
You're not the first one with the Pyre Badge, no. A few other challengers have earned theirs from me. As for other badges, I'm not sure. No one seems to be tracking which badges they have in their sig... It would be convenient to see who has what badge, though, like you mentioned.

I'm not saying you were wrong to go all-out on me - just that I could have definitely battled smarter than I did. :p *curses entry hazards under breath*

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Username/Nickname: *Kyurem* / Kody
Your motivation: To give this league its first champ!
Preferred battle style(s): Singles. But I have good practice with VGC rules regarding doubles since I've competed in the Pokemon Championships for about 5 years now!

Hello! I'm Kody! Are there any other challengers in this league so far?

Oh man this going to be fun like this guy's moxie I would love to battle he sometime
E5 Johto active post

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Oh man this going to be fun like this guy's moxie I would love to battle he sometime
E5 Johto active post

You will not be disappointed when if/when you do battle him. I was decisively wrecked by the team he chose for the Fire Gym. ^^; He also seems to have the drive to actually go all the way, so he may just make it. ^^ I'd be surprised if he doesn't, personally.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
You will not be disappointed when if/when you do battle him. I was decisively wrecked by the team he chose for the Fire Gym. ^^; He also seems to have the drive to actually go all the way, so he may just make it. ^^ I'd be surprised if he doesn't, personally.

I know this sounds like something out of a anime by I think I have re founded my lost spark or my passion for battling I may remake my team because of this.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Fire Gym is closed for the evening. Once again.

As an aside, is it inconvenient if I'm eyeing the open Electric-type Gym position and pondering a swap to that? It's just a thought right now, and nothing I'm seriously considering.

EDIT: Same as before; not going to double post in the thread, so I'm just gong to edit this post.

Last edited:

Deathtesel

Yes he did beat me. It was a good battle and a learning experience. Like Yukomov said that Shuckle is devastating. Definitely earned the badge.

Deathtesel

Leader Type & Owner: Dark (DeathTesel)
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Shuckle, Azumarill, Dragonite, Charizard, Gardevoir, Chesnaught
Challenger Result: Win (*Kyurem*: 5, Dethtesel: 0 )
Rate your performance: 6/10
Comments about the match: Really was not prepared for the Azumarill. Aqua Jet somehow destroyed my entire team even without super effective hits.
(P.S, sorry for posting twice)

Last edited:

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Leader Type & Owner: Dark (DeathTesel)
Team used against Leader/Elite/Champ: Shuckle, Azumarill, Dragonite, Charizard, Gardevoir, Chesnaught
Challenger Result: Win (*Kyurem*: 5, Dethtesel: 0 )
Rate your performance: 6/10
Comments about the match: Really was not prepared for the Azumarill. Aqua Jet somehow destroyed my entire team even without super effective hits.
(P.S, sorry for posting twice)

What just happened with that my god I think you gym leaders should not take this challenger lightly or you guys will regret it.

Yukomov

Am Tentatively Returned!
Yes he did beat me. It was a good battle and a learning experience. Like Yukomov said that Shuckle is devastating. Definitely earned the badge.

Fear teh Shuckle. FEAR IT!

Deathtesel

I know Wego I felt the same. I only had one Pokemon who was weak against aqua jet but somehow it KO'd everything including some powerful Pokemon like Hydreigon. My team got knocked out right away. The Shuckle was very annoying as well. I had to hit it twice with earthquake and once with dragon rush to finally remove it.

*Kyurem*

I know Wego I felt the same. I only had one Pokemon who was weak against aqua jet but somehow it KO'd everything including some powerful Pokemon like Hydreigon. My team got knocked out right away. The Shuckle was very annoying as well. I had to hit it twice with earthquake and once with dragon rush to finally remove it.

And then I was able to put down all my hazards while you were trying to take it down, too! Good thing Dragonite was able to survive that one Pokemon so I could finish it off, it would've been dangerous to deal with it.

Deathtesel

Yes "that one Pokemon" is what I have used in the past too destroy most teams. His typing and speed is great. Sadly he isn't very durable. Extreme speed got him pretty easily especially after being damaged by stealth rock.

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
What just happened with that my god I think you gym leaders should not take this challenger lightly or you guys will regret it.
active post, I love my azumarril :) have 5/6 of those competitive bred, I never actually thought of breeding a shuckel :/ maybe I will after I get done breeding my girafrige, lantern and snivy :D, anyways as for dragon gym, I have the 4 dragons bred, now its just finding the 2 right pokemon to help balance the team, why I am breeding lantern and girafrige lol see how they work, will open hopfully eventually :D last 23 balance pokemon just didn't cut it... :( need to beable to switch out to a pokemon that can handle fairies and ice types with ease and yet is bulky enough to take a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.