• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Tagged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Rocxidi said:
[imgsize=1]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_ASksv5DrxQ/TyQ6X4zG_7I/AAAAAAAAECg/WmVfMzj9l3Y/s1600/transparent.png[/imgsize]

Welcome to yet another RMT from me. This specific team was created a while ago, before the introduction of Hoopa, which is mainly why I'm posting it. The meta is likely shifting and I'd like this team to keep up with it.

This team was built around Talonflame, but the inclusion of a certain Shadow Tag user allowed me to have a lot of fun with this team.

663.png

Talonflame (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Acrobatics

Bulk Up Talonflame is a Pokemon I've had a lot of fun using recently. It can completely shut down physical attackers with Will-o-Wisp and Bulk Up, while the EVs allow it to handle special attacks as good as possible. Itemless Acrobatics allows Talonflame to deal good damage without killing itself as it usually does, and to add to its survivability, Roost is there. Roost is also great for many other things, such as tanking Rock Type moves better, or taking a predicted Volt Switch.

(I run a Sitrus Berry set with uneven HP EVs which works alot better than itemless, but since it's going to get shot down immediately I might as well not even write it down)

121.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Scald

Because Talonflame immediately emphasizes the need for Rapid Spin or Defog, Starmie patches this problem extremely well. Bulky Reflect Type Starmie is extremely good in this game, since many top tier threats cant hurt themselves, such as Ferrothorn, Venusaur, and Rotom. It's also extremely useful against Pursuit, allowing it to beat Bisharp and switch out safely from Tyranitar. Recover is great as it allows Starmie to stall specific Pokemon, especially with Scald.

310.png

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Another great partner for Talonflame, as it can take out a lot of its threats with ease. Things like defensive Lando T, Skarmory, and most bulky Water Types are handled by Manectric. It's movepool allows it to hit everything for at least neutral damage and a lot of things for super effetive damage. It also stands in a great speed tier, beating Pokemon like Mega Metagross and Serperior. Volt Switch also allows it to generate momentum, and it's spammability means that players will often switch in Ground Types, allowing Manectric to beat them with Hidden Power Ice.

598.png

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn adds Stealth Rock support and creates a Fire Water Grass core along with Talonflame and Starmie. It's also great at shutting down fast Pokemon with Thunder Wave. Leech Seed is its only form of recovery in this occasion. Its very useful and allows it to wear down Pokemon with or without Iron Barbs. Power Whip is used specifically for Swampert, who rolls over this team otherwise.

202.png

Wobbuffet (M) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

The star of the show and one of the most broken Pokemon in the game that is somehow still legal in OU. Shadow Tag gives Wobuffet guaranteed kills against alot of things. The main difference that sets it apart from the likes of Gothitelle is the influence it has on Offense, which is the biggest playstyle right now. Counter and Mirror Coat are literally overpowered in terms of their mechanics; they simply deal too much damage in my opinion. Encore allows me to ensure I know what the opponent will do next, while giving me the upper hand against anything that dares use a status move. Destiny Bond and Custap Berry are what make this set amazing. Getting free kills is what makes Shadow Tag overpowered, and getting a bonus free kill from priority Destiny Bond makes Wobuffet amazing as a Shadow Tag user.

445.png

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Lastly, I wanted something to deter Charizard X along with other fast Pokemon that would prove problematic such as Diancie and the Latis. Overall Scarfchomp is great against many things in the meta, and can save you from getting swept.

Talonflame (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Acrobatics

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Scald

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Wobbuffet (M) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake

[imgsize=30]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_ASksv5DrxQ/TyQ6X4zG_7I/AAAAAAAAECg/WmVfMzj9l3Y/s1600/transparent.png[/imgsize]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.