• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Trainers Gym 3 on 3 Flying team!

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
This is my team for 3 on 3 and all Flying, which was a real challange narrowing down the Boltbeam + rock weak.

So far i've managed to narrow the weaks down to a single 4x ice weak, a 4x and a 2x electric weak and two 2x rock weaks. That probably wont be enough to stop stuff like starmie goin through me but it will stop the Scarfed ones and i think i will have to fight back with my own(scarfed pokemon).

Lead + Main Special sweep

;373;Salamence @ choice specs / Scarf
Nature: Modest
252 Satk / 252 Spd / 6 hp
-Draco metoer
-dragon pulse / thunder fang / rock slide
-Flamethrower
-Hydro pump

I'm a sucker for standards :S. I may end up going with choice scarf t stop scarfed boltbeam users who are going to switch in, obliterate one of my pokes with ice beam / thunder bolt and then switch out again, but i think i will stick to choice specs for a while. Tfang is for a surprise attack and hopefully will do some damage against water boltbeam users. Though rock slide could be a better option. Dragon claw is for "late game sweeps" usually and i dont think that there will be many of them in 3 on 3.

Other leads i concidered: Aero, Yanmega

Main Physical Sweep

;130;Gyarados @ ? (leftovers)
Adamant
212hp/112atk/186spd
-Traunt / Waterfall.
-Dragon dance
-Earth quake
-Ice fang / waterfall

No waterfall as Mence can cover the water offencive options with hydro punp and i need as much variety as i can get. Though I'm having second thoughts as I really could do with something to get rid of the Rock types hoping to nail me with a STAB. The EV's will change is i decide not to go with traunt, mind you, too 72hp/252atk/184spd (thanks Smogon! And presuming that the Gyara im getting today in a trade has those EV's. Ill probably be stuck with whatever EV'd that one has but ill live with it.)

EDIT: Posted Gyaras real EV's there is no changing those that are up there now sorry!

Now i needed my last pokemon to resist rock and either ice or electric (take nuteral damage i mean). Anyway Here it is.

;227;Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
252hp/96atk/156def/4spd
-OMG (drill peck)
-ITS (Whirlwind)
-COMPLETLY (stealth rock)
-STANDARD (roost)

Though i may put Stealth rocks over spikes as i dont think i will have enough time to get more than 1 layer down. Anyway the rock resist was needed and unfortunatly i couldnt help the electric weak :S.

Well there it is. thanks 4 reading all that. Post your suggestions.

Last edited:

cjcouling

pout gliscor in over skarmory

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
Two x4 weakness to ice and one x4 weakness to electric= big boltbeam weak, so no gliscor. Salamence is fine. Gyarados is fine. Skarmory wants 252 def/ 252 hp/ 6 atk, cause the extra atk ain't gonna do much in the end.

Alzi

Toon link
Things like skarmory don't work that well in a 3 vs 3 team replace it for somthing like electrivire to fix your weakness..

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
He can't use electivire as he restricted to only using flying types.

Alzi

Toon link
Lol oh yeah i forgot about.. Hmm being a flying type gym person is really bad since

1- Stealth rock hurts it
2- Electric attacks are common and will hit hard

Maybe go with somthing like tropius?

Tropius@Life Orb
Admant 252 atk / 252 spd / 6 hp
-Roost
-Sword Dance
-Earthquake
-Leaf Blade

Roost will work well that turn since it will get rid of it's flying type to help your team out a little.

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
Because gyarados' special attack sucks balls big time. And waterfall benefits from dd and adamant nature.

The Shadow Trainer

Lol oh yeah i forgot about.. Hmm being a flying type gym person is really bad since

1- Stealth rock hurts it
2- Electric attacks are common and will hit hard

Maybe go with somthing like tropius?

Tropius@Life Orb
Admant 252 atk / 252 spd / 6 hp
-Roost
-Sword Dance
-Earthquake
-Leaf Blade

Roost will work well that turn since it will get rid of it's flying type to help your team out a little.

Not Tropius. Then he got a 4x Ice weak again. Skarmory is fine.

Alzi

Toon link
If you have skarm then a electric attack can walk all over this team... and when you use roost that 4x ice weakness is a thing in the past for tropius.

Last edited:

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Huge response guys thanks very much for all of your input.

Skarmors is the only one not weak to rock in the team so i dont see him changing in a hurry. I've decided to play with item clause to try and mess a few of my opponents up a little bit so its either shed shell on Skarms or i need a replaccement for Gyaradoses item.

Yeah, horrible Boltbeam weak but at least ive got a triangle of predictions i can work with. ie Rock attack switch to skarms. Ice attack to Gyara of skarms and Electric attack switch to Salamence so im not totally screwed and i dont know many movesets with all three :S.

Also Skarms is already EV'd and i cant actually remember what i gave it now but it doesnt matter cause its stuck that way :/

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
If you have skarm then a electric attack can walk all over this team... and when you use roost that 4x ice weakness is a thing in the past for tropius.

Roost will only be of any use if i go first, and to do that i would need sunny day up for a start, which is no help to Gyara or mences hydro pump.

Ill watch out when im switching mence into electric attacks. Thats why i am concidering having a specsmence with a Scarf instead :S. Anyway ill be careful of faster Electrics like Jolteon and such.

EDIT: The EV's of teh Gyara i just got in a trade are up there now. Sorry but those are fixed.

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Looks more like half of a Standard OU team and more Dragon gym then Flying.....if anything u just got these pokes off ur CURRENT team which explains the EVs.....also dont Gym leaders abide by Item Clause? im not sure since i cant use wifi

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Looks more like half of a Standard OU team and more Dragon gym then Flying.....if anything u just got these pokes off ur CURRENT team which explains the EVs.....also dont Gym leaders abide by Item Clause? im not sure since i cant use wifi

I have never used Specsmence in any kind of battle before. I made an ingame team once that had a Gyarados in it. The SKarmory was pulled of my competitive team yes. And how can it be more Dragon than Flying when there is one dragon and 3 Flyers lol. Anyways. Gyaras EV's are now fixed as i just recieved it in a trade, ironically for a clone of my Skarms lol. And im getting an EV'd Shelgon that i just need to raise a bit more into Salamence and i should be ready to accept challanges!

chubb-o-wub

Nice going, Lord_Sunday, you made it that much easier for any challenger to get a win from me. But that's all in the past.

You should replace Salamence with Togekiss as it's a special sweeper of sorts and Thunder Wave would hit everything because it's common sense not to use Ground on Flying, but there's that possibility.

Also, relieve Skarmory of it's duties and go with Gliscor because you don't want your Electric killer 4x weak to it, do you?

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
That just leaves every one of my pokemon weak to rock, which i can really have. The idea is that for every super efective move they can throw at me i have someone ot take it. Anyway so what if the people know my team, i dont really mind and this thread will be long burried in a few weeks time. I still think people willpiss themselves knowing that theyre going to have to battle your **(Blanked out cause im not stupid enough to give it away)** team lol.