• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Right, it was mentioned in the game. They strike me as the type of characters who lack their own ulterior motives, and in that sense are about as wildcard-y True Neutral as any (set of) characters can get; they don't work for their own purposes, but for anyone who can earn their services.

But it's always possible they'll eventually toss their wildcard status for whatever reason. We only learned that they feel they owe their lives to Ghetsis, not why or what he did to earn their loyalty, so who knows.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Nothing. Ghetsis saved their lives once so they are working under their "master" because they are in his debt.

That would be really awesome I really hope they're the shadow triad. That would surprise White and Black too. Despise it's something you can't imagine but on the other side you totally can. How epic should the climax then be.

!

If in the manga those trios aren't the same, I think it'd be nice to see the comic make a gag of it and have Black think the trios are the same at some instance where he runs into the Shadow Triad, only to have the Striaton Trio come from behind and say "Whaddup" and such.

Idea from this.
The Shadow Triad and the Striaton Trio are twins!

Pilpulp

美的
This is extremely interesting. The parts that caught my attention/made me believe they were the shadow triad the most are that they weren't there when you were taking over Team Plasmas castle and when they did their poses. This makes me so much more excited for BW2 :DDD

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
WOW! They really could be the Shadow Triad.

Ver-mont

They really look a lot like the Striaton trio. Yamamoto is letting the mystery linger perhaps waiting for B2W2 to be released; if the triplets are the Shadow Triad in the games, it will be the same in Special; if they're not (and I still don't believe they will), it all will be a huge red herring. I guess.

Ludger

スポック
Isn't Bumping Old threads is not allowed here if I am remember that

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Isn't Bumping Old threads is not allowed here if I am remember that

The thread got specifically linked to by a mod. A bump was pretty much guaranteed.

I find the points made in this shocking actually. I didn't know this about the Shadow Triad in the Manga, but WOW I wonder if it's true now!

Chomper4

Maybe they are the same character only in the manga, or maybe they are not the real Shadow Triad, hypnotized by Ghetsis so the real Shadow Triad can strike.

Maxim

Beyond repair
In BW2 there's nothing indicating that they could be the Striaton Bros.

This means that Kusaka will probably conform to the games and this will turn out to be a huge red herring.

I won't even be surprised if their designs are changed when BW gets collected into Tankobons in order to make them look more like in the Animated Trailer (and the game intro). The Pokemon that they use may get changed too.

Kusaka & Yamamoto made a mistake but they've still got time to rectify it. I think they should do it, instead of pulling it harder. I don't like such changes and I really don't miss the times when practically everyone was a villain in PokeSpe.

e9310103838

This means that Kusaka will probably conform to the games and this will turn out to be a huge red herring.

I won't even be surprised if their designs are changed when BW gets collected into Tankobons in order to make them look more like in the Animated Trailer (and the game intro). The Pokemon that they use may get changed too.

Kusaka & Yamamoto made a mistake but they've still got time to rectify it. I think they should do it, instead of pulling it harder. I don't like such changes and I really don't miss the times when practically everyone was a villain in PokeSpe.

I think them will not change in BW, but may change in BW2.

Although I do not hope them to change, at least make them look like the same group of men.

Shadow Triad's scenes in BW of SP have been the equivalent of the scenes in BW2 of the game.

I do not know how Kusaka will enable them to become more active in BW2. Look forward to. ;064;

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

A mistake? How do you know that they made a mistake? Did you ask them?

For all we know, they knew all along and did this on purpose.

Aegon

Who says they won't be the Triad in Adventures just because nothing is confirmed in the games? Last I checked, half of the Indigo League didn't work for Team Rocket. They can take liberties.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel

I'm pretty sure you're not new to this manga. This is just a different canon where the Striaton trio could very well end up being the Shadow Triad, just like Surge, Sabrina and Koga were villains back Chapter one. Even if this is just a red herring, at least he kept us speculating and interested in the story line.

Maxim

Beyond repair
I'm pretty sure you're not new to this manga. This is just a different canon where the Striaton trio could very well end up being the Shadow Triad, just like Surge, Sabrina and Koga were villains back Chapter one. Even if this is just a red herring, at least he kept us speculating and interested in the story line.

I'm not saying it's ruled out. But I believe that the times when Kusaka was randomly making villains out of everyone are over.

We must wait and see.

Kaiserin

please wake up...

There was also nothing in GSC or HGSS indicating Pryce was a villain. Creative license needs to be taken into account, too. I have a hard time believing they'd drop a bunch of hints without knowing what they were going to do with them already.

Ludger

スポック
I don't know. After I heard about this theory I thought it would be very interesting if Someone or some people who is not a villain in games became a villain in this manga. Thus this is the reason why I continue to read this manga because of the villainy of every antagonist in every chapter was "something else" unlike the others. It might have a chance that this theory will coming true