• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shadows of Orre (2nd Ed.)

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Rules:

1. Respect your fellow players.
2. Use good writing.
3. This will be rated PG-13. It is preferred that you self-censor strong language, although occasional non-censored words are allowable for emphasis. There will be violence, but don’t be graphic simply for shock value. Basically, use good judgment with this rating.
4. Do not betray the Kids Grid! It may seem silly to make this a rule, but it is the only thing keeping all the players safe from Cipher. Don’t ruin it.

And we begin...

What Is Going On Now.
Posted by Newsboy at 4:47 PM, Friday 8/26
All right, I know a number of you have been wondering why discussion of Shadow Pokemon purification has been forbidden on the main boards as of yesterday evening. The truth is, we were extremely close to getting busted by Cipher then. I got questioned about the Grid by a Cipher agent working in Pyrite Coliseum yesterday morning; he asked if kids were really that interested in the Shadow Pokemon. I had to lie there, so hopefully he was thrown off the trail.

But then one of Venus’ assistants came in on Ccircuit and two others discussing the matter in the old machine shop. She harassed them about spreading so-called rumors about the Shadow curse, but let them off that time because, as she said, they were just kids and couldn’t do anything about it. Thankfully it wasn’t one of our adult members she met.

Due to this, we’ve decided that this has to be a locked area of the Grid to prevent any more cautious agents of discovering our research and efforts. There’s more about this in the Introduction to the Shadow Board thread, but we’ve moved all posts and information about the Shadows to this area. And yes, posts here don’t count towards post counts; I think the caution is worth it in face of what Cipher’s done already.

And really, we must be careful. I’m sure you’ve heard of the harassment Bubbles has gotten due to being able to see the curse directly.

Posted by MonkeyGirl
Oh, okay, I was wondering why the numbers have been going down. Good thing you could get them off your trail.

Posted by Bubbles
Sherles has been suggesting this anyhow, so it’s good that this was finally made completely hidden. And good that it’s been a decent day for you to be setting this up; the blackouts have been awful lately. I heard they had to cancel the evening battles at the Coliseum because they have to check on the windmill.

It would help if the blackouts didn’t feel so strange too, but that might just be me. I’ve been wondering if the mayor of Phenac could help us; he’s supposed to be a really nice guy. Oh, I have to go; something’s going on in the shop.

Posted by Bluecoat
Evice, the mayor of Phenac, is definitely on Cipher’s side. No.

Newsboy, you around tonight? Could you meet me at the police station? I’m here with Sherles right now, but I need to talk with you too.

Posted by Newsboy
Yeah, the Coliseum’s closed tonight. I asked my dad what was going on with the windmill, but he wouldn’t say. He’s not telling me a lot of things lately; I hope he isn’t working with Cipher or something.

Sure thing Bluecoat. I’ll be right over.

Posted by Ccircuit
It helps that the agent didn’t seem too bright. She wouldn’t admit to the illogic in her arguments. Then again, a lot of people won’t, especially if they don’t see it that way. I was even considering talking to her again to see if I could get any hint at getting into Cipher’s networks for information. But I don’t want to draw too much attention to myself around here.

One of Venus’ live programs is running again. Ugh, I can’t stand her. I hope I don’t get dumb around my thirteenth birthday. Seems like a lot of guys will do what she says because it’s her.

-+-

Pyrite, police station

The police station was one of the cleaner and more organized places of Pyrite, although it was still rustic and not in the best shape. There were five jail cells that were well-maintained and secure… although the only ones that really got kept in there were drunks being held overnight and enemies of Cipher who weren’t important enough to deal with otherwise. If any goon even partly connected to the criminal ruling group was captured, they would be pardoned and released by the end of the day, if not within a few hours.

And there was little that the Sheriff could do about it openly. Sherles would have liked to be a decent cop who protected the neighborhood. However, Cipher would have things their way, or not at all. Early on, he had tried fighting back legally. They had fought back in a dirty manner and he wasn’t about to live through that hell again. Sometimes, he considered leaving. But that would leave Pyrite fully in Cipher’s hands, and he didn’t want that either.

Now he was down to underhanded techniques himself. Thankfully, it seemed many young people of the region were getting fed up with Cipher too. He came at things through their terms, over the internet, to encourage and guide them. But to get things started, he was doing something he would have never considered when he started in law enforcement: working with a criminal.

Not that the white-haired teen with him seemed like he was trouble. Wes was someone who looked serious and quiet all the time, studying those around him and waiting to speak up with what few words he had. Plus, he was always accompanied by an Espeon and an Umbreon, both well-behaved, well-kept, and quietly devoted to their Trainer. That kind of sign usually accompanied a law-abiding, kindly, and mostly harmless person. Thus, it has completely surprised Sherles to hear what Wes had done in the past. But the boy honestly wanted to change now, and he believed him. So he would keep those secrets and accept his assistance in undermining Cipher.

“You realize that asking Nett to come over in that way might get some others from the board to drop in out of curiosity, right?” Sherles asked.

Wes shrugged. “I was going to post about it later. Doesn’t matter if they find out sooner.” He looked down at his left arm for a moment, causing the Umbreon in his lap to look up at him. It seemed like there was a medical brace under the sleeves of his blue coat, as if he’d broken his wrist recently. But that was far from the truth. “I wouldn’t tell them about this, though.”

“You told me,” the cop pointed out, adjusting his hat.

“You figured it out.” He scratched his Umbreon’s head, causing her to close her eyes in contentment. “But I don’t want to disillusion them.”

Sherles smiled, but there was a bit of bitterness to it. “There isn’t a lot that could do that to the folks around here. Sad but true.”

“I know,” he said, nodding. “But a Pokemon thief is seen on par with a kidnapper, and with good reason.” For a moment, he seemed like he might say something else, but clammed up and looked towards the door.

Very sharp, that Wes. Seconds later, there was a knock at the door, preceding the entrance of a blond haired thirteen year old boy. He had a brown tan like most everyone else in Orre, but his hair and clothes were considerably neater than most boys his age. At his side, there was a small bag with a note book inside. “Good afternoon, Sherles,” he said, smiling.

“Afternoon, sonny,” he said, shaking hands when he came up to the desk. “Wes, this is the son of the Coliseum owner, Nett. And Nett, this is Wes, the one you know as Bluecoat.”

“Hello sir,” Nett said politely, shaking hands with him too. Wes just nodded in reply.

-+-

Pyrite, fortune teller’s shop

It was getting into evening time, meaning that a good number of Pyrite’s citizens were becoming active as the heat of the day began to slack off. All of the shops in town would be coming out of the daily lull, and would be fully busy again in a couple of hours. At the fortune teller’s shop, a girl in brown pigtails was closing down the internet window on the computer near the register. There were only a couple of customers looking at charms and things, so she felt that she would be okay in checking her email and the Kids Grid board.

Not anymore; she could hear it coming closer, that loud dance music. It was some kind of samba or mambo this time, something she wasn’t too sure about the name of. But that kind of music genre around here usually meant one thing: Miror B. was around. He had an addiction to off-beat music, so it seemed, as it was playing all the time when he was walking about town. Actually, some of it was fun and neat, at least in Rui’s mind. But she didn’t think she could stand to hear it all the time.

There was a chance that she was just worrying too much and that his business was elsewhere. Rui picked up her workbook and started doing homework again until one of the customers came over. But then, the music burst into the shop as the Cipher Admin ducked through the doorway to enter. He was already a tall and stick-like man, but to grow an enormous Pokeball colored afro and wear a bright yellow sequined suit with that… Rui supposed that you were going to go around like that, you might as well up the weirdness factor with a Ludicolo groupie packing a big white stereo. The Pokemon itself gave her a grin as it trotted in after its Trainer.

“Always such a distinct smell around here,” Miror B said thoughtlessly. He looked around until he saw Rui. “You there, girl, is Fatina in today?”

“She is,” Rui replied in her usual cheery voice (she did not like him; she was good at hiding it, though). “But you’ll need to make an appointment, as we’re quite bus…”

Miror B. waved at her. “No, no, it’s fine. I’m far too important for her to ignore.”

“More like too noisy,” Fatina said, coming out from the back room along with a customer she regularly saw. He saw the Admin and decided to try avoiding attention by browsing among the shelves. But the old gypsy woman just chuckled. “Honestly, you could raise the dead being that loud, even if you turned your radio off.”

“Oh fine,” he said, waving at his Ludicolo. It turned the radio down, but not completely off. “Fatina sweetheart, we have to talk, just you and me.”

“I’ve been meaning to ask why your thugs have been harassing my students,” Fatina replied. “Fine, come on back. Rui, Tensei, mind the store for a while and apologize to any appointments who come in. Or you could read for them yourselves in the other room.”

“I always thought you were a reasonable sort,” Miror B. said, somehow walking through the aisles without knocking anything over. “Although sometimes it seems like you’ve got a school going on here, what with the young folks coming in all the time.” He and his Ludicolo went into the back room.

A shadow in the floor followed. Good, Rui thought. Fatina’s Gengar would be back there, able to help out if there was trouble. Still, it worried her.

-+-

Agate Village

Agate, the only place in Orre where you could feel soft grass under your feet. The plant life around here was so vigorous that one could smell it everywhere. The winds seemed to be gentler and rain fell almost predictably once a week (on Tuesdays, sometimes Thursdays). However, the rain never moved out of the ‘circle’ of Agate and the plants never grew out of it. It was such a mystery that none had yet cracked.

He wasn’t particularly interested in that mystery, though. There was another that he was supposed to investigate on behalf of Cipher. However, as he stood in front of the main forest entrance, he was reluctant to go on. He wasn’t a religious man by any means, but there was a power that he could feel in his bones coming from further in the forest. And that power clearly yet silently told him that he was not welcome here.

On feeling it, he could understand why others in Cipher had had trouble entering this place too. But then, the villagers here often spoke of it as being a welcoming and protective power. Why it would choose to reject them… there had to be an intelligence behind it. Whether that was proof of the hands (or paws) of a legendary Pokemon was still in doubt, to him anyhow.

He would have to go in himself. But, later. As he shifted the collar of his dusky orange jumpsuit, he decided that he’d stay in Agate for a little while and get accustomed to this foreign atmosphere. Then he’d get in there for his mission. He walked back up the ramp to the main part of town, then looked around. the Pokecenter was nearby. Yes, that was usually a good place to get information. The Cipher agent walked into the building, reviewing what else of his assignment he could get done in the meantime.

D

Deleted member 133172

(OOC: Not really much to do here, so I suppose I’ll start it off with a good ol’ filler post!)

Aaron sat lying on his bed using his laptop, browsing through the miscellaneous section of the Kid Grid Forum, the majority of his post count was from here, he loved the banter and the randomness of it. Spud lay on the sofa, his arms behind his head, watching TV along with Milly. Aaron noticed the announcement thread titled ‘What Is Going On Now’ He read through it for a few minutes and then closed the browser. He got up from the bed and went over to Spud and Milly
“Come on guys lets go for a walk, we’ve just been sitting around all day’ Milly looked happy, Spud looked unexcited, he crossed his arms and looked away in a huff.
“Come on Spud, you’ll enjoy it when you get out.” The Munchlax groaned band dragged himself out of the house...

Spud ended up enjoying the walk within the first few minutes anyway, he was a pretty predictable pokémon. Spud had managed to get a hold of Aaron’s sunglasses (which Aaron rarely wears) and wore them for his own amusement. The three of them continued walking, they tended to just walk aimlessly and go for a wander, they would often meet people they knew, considering that Agate village was such a small place...

(I'm Sorry for the very short post but I kind of had writer’s block after that last bit, it seemed like an appropriate part to end at anyway... Kind of... Anywho, if anybody in Agate village wants to bump into my character feel welcome.)

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
~Celeste, Agate Village~

"Mama Celeste, do you really think it's a good idea we're back here?" Quinn asked telepathically, his mental tone timid and terrifying. He was hiding underneath Celeste's baggy red sweatshirt in terror. She glanced over at him, watching his nervous orange aura flicker and spark at the edges.

"Stop being so irritated Quinn!" She grumbled, "If we run into somebody and your... ya know... is doing that... you know the danger involved in that," She patted Quinn's tiny head, avoiding his sensitive red spikes as she did so. Celeste weaved through the familiar grassy hills of her village, keeping her head low and her eyes even lower. She was trying to ignore the fact that she could still see Quinn's sparking orange aura, despite that he was covered with her sweatshirt. And it was in that condition that she almost plowed face-first into a tree.

"Mama?" Quinn inquired, even his telepathic voice hushed in the silence of the forest entrance, "Who's that man?" Celeste peeked timidly around the tree, where she saw a rather ominous looking man standing at the entrance to Agate Forest. Just... standing. It was times like these that Celeste couldn't help but wish that humans had auras too. She'd come to almost rely on that skill, despite the headaches and migraines, to help reveal emotions of Pokemon. Even her Buizel's shadowy aura shifted slightly in color and shape when it was distressed or angrier than usual. And this helped Celeste to pick up on some sort of habits that Pokemon had... people though, they were a mystery.

The man pushed up the collar of his orange jumpsuit and walked away. Quinn glanced up inquisitively at his owner, his big red eyes peeping out from beneath his green hair. The two exchanged a glance, red eyes to green, for a split second before Celeste made her decision. She followed the man. Of course, she was far enough back that she hoped he hadn't noticed. She kept glancing innocently off to the side, almost as though she was sight-seeing. Quinn kept his head buried inside the bundle of sweatshirt in Celeste's thin arms. The man slipped into the Pokemon Center, and Celeste decided to do the same, if only to visit the PC and post on the Kid's Grid. She knew that this man was no good.

She slid through the sliding doors of the Pokemon Center and headed with determination towards the PC before an errant thought crossed through her mind, What if this guy's a Cipher? And he sees you on the KG? Bad call bad call bad cal! Her eyes locked with Quinn's once more and he nodded.

"Bad idea Mama." He concurred, glancing back at the man. Celeste's eyes remained on Quinn though. His aura was still flaring at the sides, but not quite as much. Quinn felt a little more comfortable with this situation than before. It made Celeste wish that Aria was a little more portable... but then again the Cipher guy might find her suspicious if she was toting around a giant Flygon. It was in that state of mind that Celeste slipped back out of the Pokemon Center, not caring if she looked suspicious (or lost). Perhaps it was best if she moved on from Agate once more. It was stupid of her to have even come back in the first place.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
"Alright Franky, that's enough for today. Let's head back into town for the night, the stores should start to be gettin' the good stuff out by now." A large man replied to a rather worn looking Poliwhirl. A blue arm shot up in a thumbs up, followed by a strange pose, the red aloha shirt with yellow leaves etching the fabric swayed in the hot winds that whipped the desert. With that a booming laugh roared through the barren wasteland "YEAH! YOU TELL IT BRO!" Ted couldn't help but pose the same alongside his long time companion. Sweat heavily formed on his brow, a near endless stream of it as well as they trained from early this morning and finally finished, as the sun began its slow decent upon the horizon. The muscular man could feel the exhaustion reach towards his muscles, still not used to the arid weather compared to Sinnoh's rather tempurate climate. He grabbed his duster and swipped off the thick cloud of dust on it and slipped it back on before turning towards Franky.

"Hehe, I'll race ya!" He smirked before posing a get-ready pose. Franky soon got into the same pose before the man paused "Hold on, let me get the others out too, don't want them to miss out on the fun too." He mumbled as his hand fidgeted into his tan cargo pants and soon came out with two more pokeballs. The tadpole just rolled its eyes, not to thrilled about ONE of the two others that his friend was going to send out. That Scraggy of his that he recieved a week ago always caused some kind of trouble and Ted was sure getting the short end of the stick on its shenanigans.

"COME ON OUT DJANGO AND SCRAGGY!" He called out as the pokeballs opened and two figures appeared in a glimmer of white light. The tiny lizard just pulled up the stretchy skin of his lower side and grumbled something as it stared at Ted before giving him a kick in ths shin, as if to punish his Trainer for disturbing him. The other figure just started to dance in place, its large mushroom head swaying rather slowly. Ted winced in pain as he lifted up Scraggy by his stretchy "pants" as he called them and did a mix of chuckling and growling towards the offender "Hey now, none of that business now. Just wanted to see if you two were in for a race."

Django jumped up and down and span a few times, easily excited at the concept of a fun game. Scraggy, however, was not as amused as his two other "counterparts" He just let off a dissapointed huff and just leered at Ted before slapping the man's wrist, ordering him down "Alright, geez you're touchy..." he said softly as he lowered the lizard down. "You can just go back to your pokeball if you want...."

After hearing this the Scraggy hastily climbs up Ted's khaki pants and was soon on his shoulders, giving the Trainer a light tap on his head before pointing towards Pyrite town in the distance, demanging his new "ride" to take him towards the villiage. "ALL RIGHT! Me and Scraggy are gonna beat you two to the GROUND!" Ted said as he began to get excited once more and begun his pose once again. Not even one word was said afterwards before the three were off in a dash, heading towards the horizon as the sun set behind.

-----------------------------------------------

It took a good fifteen minutes before the three made it within the city limits. Wll of them were panting heavily but had smiles from ear to ear. It was a close one Ted was distinctivly the first to make it towards town, with Franky and Django close by. The Scraggly easily hopped down and smiled, chuckling at the two loser before taunting them for a second and strutted off towards the town. Ted was quickly behind him, making sure to keep an eye out for whatever the mischevious lizard was inching towards.

The town was indeed starting to become more and more busier with the shadows arching across the asphalt. The townsfolk began slowly creeping out of their homes to quickly grab whatever supplies they need before the gangs and trainers would find them, who were also starting to appear out of the woodwork. Lots of shouting could be heard near the circle at the corner of the city, as Duel Square became alive with battles between thugs and hearty trainers alike. Ted looked at his left and saw Fantina's shop, a nice place that he had been visiting frequently, especially now after his recent joining into the Kids Grid.

"You know, I haven't checked my E-mail lately..." He thought to himself as he headed on inside, with Scraggy's tail clasped around his fist. The grumpy pokemon followed soon after, dissapointed at his trainer's cleverness.

Sophie S.

The young teen smiled softly as she neared the stand, but she gritted against the harsh sun peeking through her cloak, and the wind wasn't helping either since she was riding Rustle against the current. "W-whoa, easy there boy. Rustle, try to get us down safely," she asked calmly, the bird pokemon trilling in understanding as he maneuvered expertly downwards. She jumped from her friend before he landed himself, and brushed off the sand that stuck to her cloak as she made her way to the stand, or what she liked to call OS. As she entered the old train station, she smiled brightly and waved at the owner of the place, who just nodded back,returning the smile with a smirk. "I take that it went well Sophie?" he asked as he tended to a customer.

"Same old, same old," she said with a sigh, sitting in one of the stools at the bar, Rustle staying in the shade outside while he cleaned his feathers. "The shadow Pokemon are increasing, and Cipher keeps on with whatever evil deeds they are doing," she murmured, perking up when the man brought her the 'usual,' drinking up with a satisfied sigh at the end. She knew she could trust him since he had mentioned that he was neutral to her when she first came to the stand. "Just rest and take a breather. You flew all the way from Phenac City Right?" he asked as he cleaned a glass.

She just nodded, finishing her drink and smiling when he refilled it once more. "There is no other place to get good lemonade like this," she said softly with a smile. "No problem. Say, did you need anything? You know that I sell stuff that you can't find anywhere else," he mentioned, earning a sigh from the teen. "Actually, not at the moment," she said as she took out her notebook from her bag, turning it on and going online. "Good thing I charged it in Phenac," she said to herself as she entered the Kids Grid website.

((I hope this is good))

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Xito Epheral
Outskirt Stand

Xito sighed as he watched his espeon as she had tried several times to get his absol, Yenmo, to fight it since he had picked a spot that had very few people and interests, which in turn, kept espeon from wandering off. He was supposed to be researching the pokemon found in Orre, but this espeon kept his hands full. He just didn’t understand how a pokemon could dislike him so much, given the way she voiced her opinions to his statements. A soft thud in the sound disrupted his thoughts and he looked up and saw that the espeon had fainted again after wearing itself out and somehow passing out. He just shook his and smiled sadly as he checked on espeon and found that she just needed some rest. He took some weak potions out of his backpack and sprayed it on both Yenmo and the espeon.

Yenmo grunted in response to the treatment and sat down shortly and stared out into the vast desert. Xito snickered slightly and said in his slightly hoarse voice, “Now now, Yenmo, we’ll figure out a way so she will behave a bit better, but for now I can do this without her noticing, at least not until she is a bit more awake.”

Yenmo watched in mild curiousity as Xito dug in his backpack and took out a brush that he normally used when he groomed Yenmo. Xito gently picked up espeon and placed it on his lap and began to softly brush her fur, getting a slight response of a smile to form on espeon’s face. He continued this for a few minutes and eventually set her down beside him, her fur all smoothed out and he montioned for Yenmo to come over. He groomed Yenmo for about thirty minutes, mostly because Yenmo slightly hated being groomed, yet at the same time, couldn’t help be groomed as the brush soothed some spots that he had a hard time reaching.

Xito soon released Yenmo, allowing him to lick his hand as a show of affection and thanks before checking his pokegear, sadly noting that there was a very faint signal which wouldn’t help if he had to call for an emergency. Inwardly, he felt slightly relieved as so far, espeon was only being slightly mischievious and hadn’t been troublesome today, aside from trying to get a fight from his absol, which reminded him to ask sometime later what move his espeon used that would cause such recoil damage on it. But for now, he reached into his backpack and took a notebook out and started to write in it some details about his espeon, keeping track of its progress and what new things have shown up.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Olivia Stamper
The Under

"I'm your Venus! Yes, everybody's Venus, that's me! And that's all on Under Time!" squeaked the glamorously-dressed lady on the large screen before it faded to black. Everybody knew this voice- it was Lady Venus, the woman who had soaring popularity and practically ruled the city from her television station, situated on the northern side separated by the south only by a gaping chasm. The only way to see Lady Venus was to own a special R-Disk to operate the UFO, and she lived in a strange seclusion despite her acclaimed popularity.

Everybody in the Under loved Lady Venus- her television programs were wonderfully entertaining, and she was generous enough to give all winners at the Under Colosseum a rare and special Shadow Pokémon in a televised appearance. Everybody envied the winners- they got to meet Lady Venus herself! In person! As such, the Colosseum challenge was often fully booked as soon as announced- and this proved irritating to one particular young woman.

Olivia Stamper had a bit of a dilemma. She would have rather stayed in the Under Colosseum and felt powerful as reigning champion, but right now there were more pressing matters than that. She had recently joined an underground resistance movement- the Kids' Grid, which sounded harmless enough but was in actuality fighting back against the Shadow Pokémon, which she had to admire considering how they were situated right in the heart of the main Shadow Pokémon distribution centres- Pyrite and The Under.

Everybody knew about Shadow Pokémon in the Under. Maybe it was the association with Lady Venus ("Oh my gosh!" one of the attendants at the so-called Under Grand Hotel had squeaked, "She has touched this Pokéball! Lady Venus!"), but everyone was always clamouring to see the new one.

Olivia hadn't shown off her Musharna yet. She hated to admit it, but she couldn't control it most of the time. All of the citizens in The Under knew this already, some even wore their scars with pride, but the Musharna was different. It was definitely more powerful than any other Pokémon she had ever encountered, and it was tormenting her nightly with strange visions. She didn't want to be responsible for any hallucinogenic frenzies.

Her Misdreavus, Mystery, moved slightly within her Pokéball, reacting as she always did to negative thoughts and Olivia allowed herself a small smile as she moved off, and the weight in her heart lifted.

She was going to take the elevator up from the Colosseum out of the Under, then trek the hour-long path round to Pyrite. There was a more direct method, but that involved going through some difficult territory- some unofficial 'gatekeepers' who were obviously spies for Cipher were always on watch, and the elevator up to Pyrite also passed through the territory of someone who was believed to be Venus's associate- a man by the name of Miror B. She didn't want to be captured for suspicious activity.

Mystery sighed and rolled around in her Pokéball some more, "Just stop thinking about this stuff," she murmured dreamily, "Focus on the now, not on the potential future. We could handle Venus, I mean, she looked like a real dolt. Cipher will fall in time. You're doing your bit, so just quit doing everybody else's job as well. They wanted you, remember? Nothing to prove."

Another, less clear series of thoughts also entered her mind- those of Raven, her Murkrow. A jumble of feelings, hunger being the most dominant. Olivia laughed to herself- they had literally just eaten!

She sighed as she finally found herself in front of the elevator in the Colosseum itself, having navigated the dark, treacherous roads of the Under for the good part of an hour. Nobody was bothering her- strangers were naturally treated with something bordering on suspicion down here, where many had lived since the days they were born. Still, probably because of her Colosseum win and her three-week stay, Olivia felt used to the city.

Still, she wanted to feel the sun on her face- the proper sun, not just cracks of it peeping through a chasm. The Under seemed to be all chasms- below, above, all around... She just wanted to know that if she didn't misstep there was no chance of a grisly fate- the tales a drunkard had told her of 'mistakes' made on the UFO were recurring visions in the pesky nightmares.

As usual, the Colosseum was bustling. Some people nodded to her and she merely twitched her lips in reply, but her focus was on the photographs on display in the lobby. Could she leave this? She walked away from the elevator for a few moments, and examined the picture of her. Frozen in time forever, she stood there, scowling, gripping tightly onto a cheap trophy whilst Lull, Mystery and Raven all floated or flew overhead.

The television screen was showing reruns of past Colosseum battles in advertisement- Olivia had been surprised at how quickly they edited things around here, considering how that clip of a Jigglypuff and Misdreavus against a Nuzleaf and a Machoke was definitely one of hers- the look on that Jigglypuff's face was too dreamy for it not to be Lull.

With a grating beep the elevator slid down to the Under level, about fifty meters below sea level. Olivia was the only one to step on- but she knew that that would be the case, considering the xenophobic citizens. It was kind of sad really, that for all their tough posturing and scum-bag attitudes, they were terrified of going up. Or maybe the thought had never occurred to them.

The elevator began to ascend and she stood there, still in the centre. Not moving even an inch as it rapidly gained movement and reached the destination- a great arid wasteland. Olivia knew that this wasteland could, in various different directions, lead to practically anywhere in Orre- the region was, after all, just one big desert with some little cities built on top.

She groaned as her eyes struggled to adjust after the gloom she had endured for the last fortnight. In the sun, the walking wasn't for her. It was tiring and impractical, and her shoes really weren't suited to the climate- but she had a ready source of transportation and shade at hand.

"Lull." With a twitch of her fingers, a small, round, pink Pokémon burst out of a Pokéball with large, quizzical blue eyes. After several moments of tilting her head curiously, the Jigglypuff seemed to read Olivia's mind and began inflating herself, hopping off of the ground even as Olivia grabbed for one of her feet. Olivia was thankful that she didn't wear a skirt- her modesty was quite protected by a sensible pair of trousers.

Eventually, the ground fell from beneath her feet and she was floating, floating through the air.

Lull knew how much Olivia trusted her to transport her- and Lull wasn't going to let Olivia down! The Balloon Pokémon was careful in her navigation, and knew the destination's location off by heart- she hadn't been completely useless in her observations! OK, so all she had seen were a few landmarks. But a windmill was a pretty obvious sign.

Confident in her abilities and with her trainer below her, the Jigglypuff grinned as she noticed Pyrite Town on the horizon and softly began her descent. An hour? Hah, in the air it took a quarter of that- and most of it was getting up in the first place.

Maybe if Olivia understood that, she would love her more.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Agate Village, Pokecenter

The Pokecenter had a cluster of computers off to one side, with couches on the other and a holodisplay in the center. The display was currently showing a Pokeathelon tournament in another region. Over in the far corner, there was a staircase going down to one of three trade stations in the region (the other two being in Phenac and Gateon). That made this place fairly busy.

Over at the counter, a purple haired nurse was handing back a Pokeball to a young man. “Take care, then,” she said with a smile and wave. Most nurses were seen with Chansey or Pokemon like that. This one, though, had a Sunflora on the counter, sitting in a spot of sunshine. It had a bent leaf, but otherwise seemed healthy.

But when he approached the counter, the Sunflora squeaked, then hopped off to hide.

“Helios?” the nurse asked in concern, but soon looked up to him. “Good evening, sir. May I help you?”

He took three Pokeballs out of his holder and passed them over. “Yeah, if you could get these ones healed. Had a long trip out here.”

“Certainly, just a minute.” She took them and set them up in the healing machine.

Leaning over, he looked for the Sunflora; it was out of his sight. So he looked back to the nurse. “I know you all go by Joy, but you’re actually Holly Barnes, right? You got one of the first Shadow Pokemon that was publically distributed.”

“Yes,” she said, sounding a bit wary as she glanced to him. The nurses usually didn’t like their real names being used while they were on the job. “What about it?”

He nodded to her. “My name’s Skrub. I work with Cipher. Lately, I’ve been checking up on some cases. Our records show that you received a Shadow Sunkern.”

“Oh, I see.” She smiled at him. “Yes, I did.”

“Is that him down there? How did you get him to evolve?”

“With a Sun Stone,” she said, sounding amused at the obviousness of it. She turned back to the old machine, checking up on the Pokemon.

Annoyingly, he couldn’t tell if she really knew about it. “We’ve had some trouble getting Shadows to evolve,” he told her. “Your Pokemon would be an exception, it seems. Would you mind if I scan it for research purposes?”

“Can you do that here?” she asked. “I’d rather keep him around.”

Skrub nodded. “Sure, I can go back to my truck and get the scanner. How’s it doing in battle? We offer free retraining if the Pokemon has encountered obstacles in staying strong.”

“Actually, I’ve given up on battling for the time being,” the nurse said. She cleared the machine out, then removed the Pokeballs. “I don’t really have the time for it with my job, I realized, so I’ll just be keeping a couple on as pets or center assistants. But thank you for the offer, and here are your Pokemon.” She passed the three back.

A non-battler, the sort of person he didn’t like. Not showing that, he shrugged and took his team back. “If that’s how you feel. I’ll be back in a couple of minutes with my things.” After putting them back in their secured holder (an absolute necessity in this region, he felt), he left the Center. It was annoying that she wasn’t going to let him take the Pokemon back easy. He’d scan it and see what the boss said.

On coming outside, he nearly got ran into by a young girl with long black pigtails. “Oh, sorry!” she said, hopping out of the way. She looked around, then ran up the ramp. “DUNSPARSE! Where’d you go?”

“Annoying kids,” he grumbled, then headed down to where he parked his truck.

-+-

Outskirt Stand

The old train and its station was a popular spot with travelers of the region. The owner and the small staff generally kept fights outside and didn’t bother anybody. As different people were in every day, news and rumors usually got in steadily.

A faded yellow delivery truck parked outside the diner; minutes later, the driver came in with a number of boxes. “Hey Pete,” he said.

The owner nodded. “Hey. You want something to eat?”

“As much as I like your stuff, not this time,” he said. “I’ve got some more things for you, but I have deliveries in Phenac to make and I don’t want to be out at night.”

He seemed surprised. “Oh? Why’s that?”

“It’s gotten haunted out there in the dark lately.” He unloaded the boxes from the trolley to get the next group. “I’m surprised you haven’t heard it from other drivers. There’s some ghost or something out there. I saw it a couple nights back; looked like some hitchhiker with long white hair. But when I stopped to ask if he wanted a ride, I have no idea what happened. it had been midnight when I saw it, and the next thing I know, it’s nearly dawn and I have no clue what’s happened the past few hours except that I was exhausted and frightened for some reason.”

“There has been talk of strange lights or hitchhikers lately,” Pete said. “That scared of some ghost? It could be some prankster Ghost type.”

“I don’t remember anything of that time,” the driver repeated. “So I doubt it. Excuse me.” He headed out to the truck to get the rest of the packages he had.

Sophie S.

((This is before the delivery man arrives, but I mention it in the third paragraph))

Outskirt Stand

"So what's you're next destination?" the owner of the stand asked Sophie, who was now surfing the web after signing off of Kid's Grid. "I might go back to Gateon Port and check out the docks. The last time I went there some of the members from the gang that controls the docks had Shadow Pokemon, and I'm afraid that how things are looking, that maybe more of the members have obtained Shadow Pokemon," she informed the man as she turned her notebook off and placed it back in her bag.

"Oh! I completely forgot that I actually needed something from you," she said in a shocked tone, earning a raised brow from the owner. "I was wondering if you had a pair of goggles? The cloak is good for protection and I thank you for that, but the sun and sand still get in my eyes. Think you can help?" she asked hopefully with a gleam in her eyes. Even with that, she groaned when he just shook his head with a chuckle. "I'm afraid that's the only thing that I don't have in my inventory...yet," he added, her interest piqued once more as she lifted her head. "I might be able to get you the goggles, but it would take some time," he informed her, which made her smile brightly.

"I knew I can count on you Pete," Sophie responded lightly. they suddenly turned their attention outside, where Rustle had decided to trill loud enough for Sophie to hear, signaling with his head to somewhere in the desert. "Probably someone that needs help," Sophie suddenly called out as she jumped out of the stool and went out, taking out her Chansey's pokeball as she did. "Daina!" she shouted as she threw the ball, the Chansey clapping her paws as she appeared. "Hurry, we have to...help someone?" she said in confusion, squinting her eyes as she stood outside the stand. Besides the faded yellow delivery truck that was parked outside the stand, she had noticed a boy just writing in his notebook, with an Absol sitting on one side and an Espeon sleeping on his other side. Sophie narrowed her eyes when she noticed the dark aura surrounding the psychic pokemon. "Hey, do you need any help?!" she called out as she neared the boy, her cloak still on her.

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Xito Epheral
Outskirt Stand

Xito was reading some of his previous notes after writing recent observations when a voice distracted him asking, “Hey, do you need any help?” He looked up and saw a young woman with a silver hair tied in a ponytail, along with a chansey walking along it, coming towards him. She seemed to be frowning at him and he couldn’t wonder what he did to cause this stranger to not like him. He gathered his thoughts and checked to see that espeon was beginning to stir and quietly recalled her. Yenmo stood up and started to snarl at the newcomer, obviously not liking her one bit which seemed to cause the chansey to frown at it.

Xito stood up quickly, closing the notebook and holding it under his left arm and said, “No, we’re fine. We were just enjoying the view of the sun and having a light sparring.” He waved his right arm in front of Yenmo and telepathically told him, “No need to be overprotective, we don’t need to make enemies.” Yenmo ceased his snarling and slightly relaxed his stance, but continued to glare at her.

“I apologize for my Yenmo’s behavior. We tend to avoid people. There isn’t any need for my pokemon to be healed as I already healed their wounds with a few potions in my backpack though I appreciate your concern for my pokemon. What is your name, if I may ask?” Xito said with a neutral tone, albeit he was slightly nervous and inwardly didn't want to speak.

Sophie S.

Outskirt Stand

When the Absol started snarling at her, Rustle noticed and suddenly flew by Sophie's side, trilling defensively for his partner. The Pidgeot calmed down when she petted his head, and when Absol suddenly calmed down, which made her raise a brow. That was unusual... "Well, that's a relief," she answered coolly as she recalled her Chansey back, her expression being indifferent but welcoming nonetheless. "My name's..." she paused, remembering that he had a Shadow Pokemon, which he had recalled earlier, and was probably affiliated with Cipher.

"My name's Silver," she responded quickly as her expression turned into one of fake cheerfulness. "I was wondering if you would let me buy you a drink down at the stand. Being outside here in this hot desert is not good for someone's health," she then said in a motherly tone, which was not in the least fake at all. Even though she was suspicious of him, she never desired someone harm, Cipher grunts no exception...unless they attack her which she will attack back.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Xito Epheral
Outskirt Stand

Xito’s eyes narrowed in suspicion when she hesitated to give her name, but went along with the flow. He, however, definitely didn’t want to stick around with much longer and politely replied to her offer to buy drinks and said, “No thanks. Like I said before, we don’t get along with people and I get the feeling that you’re suspicious of me for some reason.”

As soon as the word suspicious rang in Yenmo’s ears, he began to snarl again to which Xito waved off with his hand. Yenmo seriously needed to calm down sometimes in his opinion, but he did protect very well, he mused with an inward sigh. He might as well make his leave and probably find somewhere to stay to be away from this woman who suspected of him probably of being with cipher with the way he acted. “I think it is best we leave for now Yenmo for we have things to study.” He gave a slight wave before attempting to walk away, heading towards the bus stop to sit down and wait for the bus to come.

Sophie S.

Smart kid. "Well, of course I'd be suspicious of you, since you obviously have a Shadow Pokemon in hand," Sophie replied lightly as she followed the boy to the bus stop, Rustle right behind and narrowing his eyes at the Absol when he started to snarl again, only to be quieted down again by his partner. "You either have a Shadow Pokemon if you're in Cipher, or you won Espeon from battling," she added, taking out another Pokeball that didn't belong to Chansey, signaling to her Pidgeot to back away slightly, since she didn't want him to get hurt.

"Why not a quick one-on-one battle while you wait for the bus kid," Sophie said in a calm manner, throwing the pokeball in the air to let her own Shadow Pokemon out. Lopunny sauntered out of the ball confidently with a mean look in her eyes, directing it mostly to Sophie and getting ready to punch her. "If you behave with me, then I will give you something better than the scarf," the teen said with a smile, which earned her a low growl from the rabbit, which complied nonetheless. When she (Lopunny) directed her gaze at the other two, she just huffed and smirked, trying to provoke the Absol into fighting her.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Ted was always amazed at how many gizmos and charms Fantina hid inside her shop. He always liked to fidget with them all out of sheer curiousity but this time he had a mission to fulfill. The largeman, with Scraggy in hand, immediately headed towards the counter near the back. There stood a girl with short red hair staring off into the sheet behind.

Ted knew the girl from Kids Net, although he never seen much of her since she was stuck at the shop for the most part. "Hey, Rui. Lemme borrow the...." He was just about to start asking for the computer right beside her but then he could hear something...something that he knew was a symbol of Pyrite. Slowly he turned around and saw a Ludicolo with a white stereo, playing samba music in a soft tone.

"Fluffy's here?!" He whisper-shouted at Rui.

Gryghaim

InfernalBlaze
OOC: I've never played colloseum or XD so please notify me of the mistakes I make? And the Abra is not one of Uno's Pokémon btw.

Just outside Agate Village

'Man, I'd never expected to find a forest in the middle of the desert. But whtever. I don't care.' Uno said as he just finished preparing his lunch after a long walk in the desert. 'Okay guys, come on out it's lunchtime.' and he released his three Pkoémon from their Pokéballs. 'Wobbuffet', 'Mara ractus', 'Diii di to'. 'Hey you! Little rascal!' Uno shouted at the now invisible companion that was following them since the had left Mt. Battle 'You want some food too?'. The next moment a little Abra sat atop Uno's head 'Bra abra' (You bet I do.) he heard the telepathic voice of the Abra in his head.

After they had finished their lunch they continued further into the forest. Suddely he heard a bang and he saw Abra flying into a tree and Ditto seemed to be grinning maliciously. 'Okay Ditto that's it. Return!' and in a flash of light the Pokémon retuned into it's Pokéball. Abra was severely bleeding and semed to be in a terrible state after Ditto's shadow rush. 'Man, I have to hurry and get this guy to a Pokémon Centre.' 'Okay you two return too.' He lifted the Abra of the ground ans he starte to run while following the path deeper into the forest, and finally he saw something that appeared to be a village and he started to run even faster, still trying not to hurt the Abra. When he arriver in the village he saw a boy who was waling with a Munclax an a Sawsbuck 'Hey!' he shouted at the boy. 'Do you know where I can find a Pokémom Centre in this town!?'

D

Deleted member 133172

'Hey!' Aaron heard coming from somewhere nearby. A young man with an Abra with a large gash neared towards Aaron, 'Do you know where I can find a Pokemon Centre in this town!?' Aaron had to think quickly.
“I’m pretty sure the closest one here is over that way, most of the journey’s down-hill though, so it shouldn’t take too long. Aaron looked at the injury on the Abra again. “That looks pretty bad, follow me! It’s a bit of a risk that you might get lost, there’s loads of different turns, and he really looks like he needs some help!” Aaron returned Spud, he would only slow them down, he wasn’t exactly the fastest Pokemon. “Follow me!”

Aaron and Milly began running towards the pokémon centre to guide Uno towards it. It was mainly downhill as Aaron had already mentioned...

They soon got to the pokémon centre. Aaron and Milly skidded to a halt.
“Here we are.” He said. “You’d better get in there quick.” Aaron said as the automatic door opened when he neared it, he moved out of the way to let in Uno. He then relised that it wasn’t him that had activated the doors as a man walked out, a girl almost ran into him
“Oh, sorry!” she looked around “Dunsparce where’d you go!?” She exclaimed, rather loudly.
“Annoying Kids...”

Aaron let Spud come out of the pokeball, he imagined it would be horrible inside of a pokeball, even for short amounts of times, Spud wasn’t used to being inside his pokeball, he put his hands on his hips in a huff, looking away from Aaron.
“Spud, this isn’t the time, now get out the way!” Spud waddled out of the way of the door.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Xito Epheral
Bus Stop, Outskirt Stand

Xito smirked slightly at the accusation of how he obtained the espeon although how she already knew that it was a shadow pokemon bugged him. He toyed with the idea of misleading her that he was indeed a cipher agent and that he was scouting for potential pokemon, but decided against it. He looked around to make sure it was just them outside before saying, “If you think I’m a Cipher agent, you’re way wrong. I am simply a pokemon researcher in the making, researching pokemon in this region as there are virtually no researchers out here. Also, I found espeon in this robe I’m wearing when I bought it in Gateon Port. Now, with that accusation out of the way, I think I will let espeon battle, despite that I know it will lose most likely.”

He grabbed the pokeball containing espeon and released it. Of course when espeon saw that it was facing an opponent, its mouth curved into an evil smirk which Xito knew meant trouble. He looked at Yenmo, sending a telepathic message saying, “Be ready to intervene if Espeon goes haywire.” As he looked at lopunny, he noticed that it, too had a slightly demented look in its eyes, probably signaling that something wasn’t quite right about it, but since it was a battle, he figured he would test to see what the other trainer would do.

“You make the first move Silver.” He drawled out the name to insult that he knew it wasn’t her real name and perhaps cause her to become slightly angry.

Sophie S.

Sophie was surprised at what the boy was saying, and smiled brightly when he said he was a researcher in the making. "It just so happens that I'm a researcher myself. Was taught by the best as well, so I'm not a Cipher grunt either," she explained with a soft giggle at the end. She quickly dodged a jab from Lopunny, and she understood that she was getting impatient. "Well, since Shadow Pokemon only know the move Shadow Rush, why not make it so that the last one standing against the recoil damage is the winner? And if you win, I'll give you my real name, although you never gave me yours" she suggested with a smile. And this will help with her purification as well...

"Now Lopunny, use Shadow Rush!" the teen exclaimed with determination. The rabbit didn't hesitate and rushed to the Espeon with a maniacal grin, her whole body being engulfed in dark violet aura as she went to attack Xito's Espeon.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC: Sophie, I know it's a bit hard to post much with interaction, but perhaps you could try to lengthen the posts a bit. Thanks in advance.

Xito Epheral
Bus Stop, Outskirt Stand

Xito frowned at her reply, but focused quickly on the battle at hand. He ordered, “Dodge it espeon, then counter it with shadow rush.” He only hoped that espeon would listen, but much to his dismay, espeon didn’t listen to him. It went straight into shadow rush, with its dark purple aura flowing out, heading for a head on collision in which he definitely knew that lopunny would win due to size and weight. His assumption turned out to be correct as espeon and lopunny collided head-on with espeon soon being knocked back as lopunny overpowered espeon. He sighed as espeon clumsily got back to its feet, shaking quite badly from the damage it took and the recoil damage. Despite knowing it would fail, he gave one more command and hoped that by some miracle, it would listen.

“Espeon, I want you to zig-zag towards lopunny and use shadow rush when you have managed to avoid its own shadow rush.” Espeon turned and sneered at him before dashing forwards, using shadow rush again. “When will you learn master that that cursed espeon is nothing but trouble for us?” A solem deep voice rang in his mind, causing him to frown even more as he looked down to see Yenmo sitting beside him, looking up at him with disappointment clear in his eyes.

I thought that I told you to drop the master thing with me, it doesn’t feel right. And I already told you that even if it is bad luck for us, would you abandon your friend if there seemed to be no hope to rescue that friend?” Xito mentally replied, sending a slight wave of disappointment back at him in which he looked away a bit shamefully.

A thump nearby told him that espeon was probably knocked and a glance told him that it indeed was espeon knocked out. He recalled it, thanking it for its effort, although he knew that it was just doing whatever it wanted to do again.

Sophie S.

Outskirt Stand

Sophie was surprised that her Lopunny won, and even decided to obey her this once. Maybe it was because she had struck up a deal with the rabbit Pokemon, but she quickly pushed that though aside when Lopunny, after defeating Espeon, still went after her after Xito had called his Pokemon back, another Shadow Rush being powered up as the Pokemon rushed at Sophie. She just stood there without flinching as Rustle intercepted her attack with a tackle, Lopunny shrieking in protest as the attack faded and she started to claw at the bird's talons. "I guess we haven't reached a breakthrough," Sophie said sadly as she recalled Lopunny back, petting her Pidgeot for a job well done in restraining the Shadow Pokemon. She then directed her attention to the boy, and gave him a real warm smile,walking over to stand in front of him, though not close enough for fear that his Absol might attack her, but having Rustle to back her up.

"Your Pokemon still has much more training and battling to do before you may be able to Purify it," she said in a serious tone, her smile disappearing and turning into a serious expression. Just by looking at the younger teen now made it clear that he wasn't in Cipher, and that he wanted to purify his Pokemon as well. She could just tell it because of her motherly instincts, and her way of observing people and how they interact with their Pokemon. Being a seasoned researcher really did pay off once in a while. "I've also noticed that you are prone to not trusting people that much by just looking at how you've been acting around me when I started to talk to you, probably because you've had problems with them in the past?" she quickly analyzed, letting a deep sigh out of stress.

"Look, I won and you lost. I know that I said I would give you my real name if you won, but it doesn't matter anymore since I have a gut feeling I can trust you, even though you act wierd and broody," she said in a comical way, putting her hand out in front of him. "The name's Sophie Summers, but I like to use my Alias Silver when I'm around people I don't know," she said with a grin, waiting for the other teen to shake her hand. Rustle just watched with disinterest, cleaning his feathers being more interesting than what was going on, but keeping an eye on Absol if he did anything funny.