• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shane-san's Dawn Sketches!

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Dawn.jpg

Done in about...15 minutes. Long enough for a ShinChan episode. Still sketchy, I know. I love Dawn as a cheerleader. so kawaii. <3

Dawn001.jpg

This one is of Me (anime version) and Dawn. Done in 2 days off and on, quickly sketched for more depth.

please comment, but be polite.

Atari

Did it on 'em
In the second image, I like how effectively you were able to carry out Dawn's character, especially the eyes while drawing your original. On the eye brows of your character, though, the left one is lifted up much more, although the shape of the eye doesn't seem to change the character's mood or anything.

Also, the Meowth being held by the original character seems to lack much of a body beyond the head.

Shane-san

Fading Memories
In the second image, I like how effectively you were able to carry out Dawn's character, especially the eyes while drawing your original. On the eye brows of your character, though, the left one is lifted up much more, although the shape of the eye doesn't seem to change the character's mood or anything.

Also, the Meowth being held by the original character seems to lack much of a body beyond the head.

...holy crap on a stick, I DID forget to give Meowth a body! xD Thanks for pointing that out to me, I never would have noticed!

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
...holy crap on a stick, I DID forget to give Meowth a body! xD Thanks for pointing that out to me, I never would have noticed!
LOOOOLXDXDXD!!!!

how can u forget that?:p

poor Meowth is decapitated^^

u should also work on the guyz's glasses..they look weird;)

good job overall^^

Shane-san

Fading Memories
LOOOOLXDXDXD!!!!

how can u forget that?:p

poor Meowth is decapitated^^

u should also work on the guyz's glasses..they look weird;)

good job overall^^

Thank you. I'm going to work in it a bit more.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Oh, I like your drawings. :3 Dawn fan much? It's all good, she's a good character. Let me just say, that for both of the pictures I don't really like the choppiness from your shading.

First one, top half of Dawn looks good, but her legs do not look correct. :/ Other than that it's fine.

Second one, I very much like. The falling off glasses seems a bit odd. Meowth looks cute, even if it's just his head. =X Dawn looks excellent, the only thing that could improve it is better shading. Good job, and can't wait to see any other Dawn fan art you'll create.

Amazing Red

You have talent. 2nd one looks better than the first.

Dattebayo

Banned
I love the cheerleader one. One question I like ask, do you take requests for making Dawn sketches?

Shane-san

Fading Memories
I love the cheerleader one. One question I like ask, do you take requests for making Dawn sketches?
Why yes, I can take a few requests.

Oh, I like your drawings. :3 Dawn fan much? It's all good, she's a good character. Let me just say, that for both of the pictures I don't really like the choppiness from your shading.

First one, top half of Dawn looks good, but her legs do not look correct. :/ Other than that it's fine.

Second one, I very much like. The falling off glasses seems a bit odd. Meowth looks cute, even if it's just his head. =X Dawn looks excellent, the only thing that could improve it is better shading. Good job, and can't wait to see any other Dawn fan art you'll create.

My shading skills do need work (been working on it) Thank you for the considerate criticism, I shall post more when I do more. =D

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Hmm. There's nothing actually wrong about the drawings themselves; no blatant flaws which make the picture bad. But the problem is, they don't really grab me either. Dawn doesn't look much different from the Dawn we see on TV, and I think the lack of any sort of style makes the picture fairly uninteresting to look at.

But at least you can draw.

If you take requests, mine is to draw pachirisu and buneary begging Dawn to use them.

Shane-san

Fading Memories
I loved the second one (I like the first too, but the second is more detailed) I like your scetchy style, not many can pull it off. Also, your a cute anime kid! ^_^
Why thank you! ^^ truthfully they are just what the title says: Sketches. I'm cleaning them up as we speak, so I'll be reposting em.

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Thank you, thank you all very much for your comments.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Poor Meowth, where did his body go, looks like he's hiding from his back. XD I think the style is cute and you've kept it very original. I can see the sketchyness and Hikari-ness here. Looking at you in anime style, you look a bit like conway. I do like the shading here and I think this kind of shading looks great in black and white.

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Yeah, I'm going to add colour on my next art though. I need to practice shading and using tones. Thank you!

The drawings do look fairly well, just that the lines look a little sloppy, erased-ish.
Also, I would conider adding shade or color.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Dawn in the 1st picture looks nice, but I think you could've improved on the eyes...
The 2nd picture is awesome, although I thought Meowth was a cushion...:D

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Thank you! The second pic is my favorite too! I'll be sure to post more, so keep an eye out!