• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shane-san's Fanshipping art thread!

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Fanshipping: Putting yourself in a relationship with an anime character, either romantic or normal friendship.

-started by Me x3-

Okay, in this thread, I will be posting art that I did involving myself with anime characters, in a romantic an non romantic sense. And, if its not breaking a rule, others can too.

to start us off, my newest art: (still getting the hang of coloured pencils)

Shayn (me) x Dawn

Shayn_x_Dawn__kiss__by_LostInMacrona.jpg

please rate and comment, but, no purley neagtive or troll comments or bashing. If i see it, comsider your butt reported.

Have fun! :3

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
Lucky you, Shane-san, now I'm jealous. BTW, is there more where that came from?

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Lucky you, Shane-san, now I'm jealous. BTW, is there more where that came from?

Why thanks. lol I guess I'm glad your jealous? why are you jealous? xD Of course theres more!

Dattebayo

Banned
lol I guess I'm glad your jealous? why are you jealous?

Because I never made fanshipping of myself with Dawn and I always make unnecessary pair ups with her. Probably because I'm older than her.

Last edited:

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Because I never made fanshipping of myself with Dawn and I always make unnecessary pair ups with her. Probably because I'm older than her.

xD so am I, but I made my characters younger

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
Not bad at first glance, but upon closer inspection, little things that bug me become apparent. Firstly, you need to smooth out your lines. They go uneven more often than not. Secondly, there is very little detail in the faces. I'm aware you're trying to mimic the anime's style of art, but altering the style just a little bit will give us the sense that this piece is yours and truely unique. Outside of some parts of the hair, there is almost no shading, making me wonder where the light source is coming from. The focal point is obviously the kiss itself, so it makes me curious as to why you didn't put the extra effort of detail into the lips. I mean, come on. They're simply lines with no allusion to the sense that it's heartfelt, other than the fact that the eyes are closed. Some shading and/or highlights in the lips and maybe some color in the faces would really bring out the love quite a bit more.

A good start, but needs a lot more detail and time put into it before it really starts to shine.

PS: If you actually report me for pointing out flaws and telling you how to fix them, then you are not serious about art, and should not have posted it to begin with. :)

Shane-san

Fading Memories
Not bad at first glance, but upon closer inspection, little things that bug me become apparent. Firstly, you need to smooth out your lines. They go uneven more often than not. Secondly, there is very little detail in the faces. I'm aware you're trying to mimic the anime's style of art, but altering the style just a little bit will give us the sense that this piece is yours and truely unique. Outside of some parts of the hair, there is almost no shading, making me wonder where the light source is coming from. The focal point is obviously the kiss itself, so it makes me curious as to why you didn't put the extra effort of detail into the lips. I mean, come on. They're simply lines with no allusion to the sense that it's heartfelt, other than the fact that the eyes are closed. Some shading and/or highlights in the lips and maybe some color in the faces would really bring out the love quite a bit more.

A good start, but needs a lot more detail and time put into it before it really starts to shine.

PS: If you actually report me for pointing out flaws and telling you how to fix them, then you are not serious about art, and should not have posted it to begin with. :)

Oh, no. I mean to say I'd report people who just bash it for fun "eeewww it has her in it? Gross." things like that. I'm looking for critique like yours. xD I do wanna know how to fix my art, silly.

Last edited:

kirby8933083

mai husbando
It would be a federal crime to say you are not a Dawn fan. Very cute picture.

On to crit, some of the lines, in Dawn's hat especially, are a bit messy, run too fa, ect. Maybe draw everything out with a pencil first an erase the messy lines before going over it with another pen or so? Shading is pretty good, coloring is pretty good also. Maybe in your hair it would have been nice if the shading was just in one direction with uniform strokes. Very nice picture though.

Shane-san

Fading Memories
It would be a federal crime to say you are not a Dawn fan. Very cute picture.

On to crit, some of the lines, in Dawn's hat especially, are a bit messy, run too fa, ect. Maybe draw everything out with a pencil first an erase the messy lines before going over it with another pen or so? Shading is pretty good, coloring is pretty good also. Maybe in your hair it would have been nice if the shading was just in one direction with uniform strokes. Very nice picture though.
Thanks. I JUST started colouring again with coloured pencils, so my skills are lacking. I apprecitate EVERYONES critique, so thank you to everyone. On her hat, someone opened my door and made me jump, I'm just glad I didn't ruin the pic lol.

and yes, a FEDERAL crime to say I'm NOT a Dawn fan xD