• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Share one lesson that you learned in life

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Concentrate when crossing a road because cars hurt, shoulda learnt that one after the 3rd time. Nope.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
If you're in the design/art business, never work for friend/family/acquaintances. Because they know you, they want a discount or special treatment.

Example; Family demands me to design them a website, free of charge. (which usually would cost €1000.- or more)
If I were a jeweller, would they still demand a free ring of equal value? I don't think so.

SuperSceptile

Sceptile is super!
"Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive anyway!"

Basically what that means is, you should lighten up, don't get caught up in the negatives in life because, in the end, none of that matters.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Don't waste your time pitying yourself. Not because you are what you are and you can't be what you're not, but because you can BECOME who you want to be.

Our actions do affect how we perceive ourselves. If you want to be different, just actually try to. Even though it may seem to you that you're just faking it, don't give up.
Pretend to be what you want until you become it.

It works.

We are often our own biggest obstacle to overcome.

My lesson can be expressed from this quote by Chronicles of Narnia writer C.S. Lewis.

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. "

Edit: What I mean by this is, don't let people's perception of what you are into, especially if it is supposed to be something that you're "too old" for, discourage you from being into it. I will love Pokemon until the day I die, as well as other things from my childhood, and nothing anyone can say will cause me to compromise on it just to appease to them.

This is so very true. I always used to notice/think that I really grew up when I stopped being imbarassed about stuff like drawing fictional characters, playing pokemon or being seen in public with my mom. To fear that others don't think you're a strong and mature person means doubting it yourself, because in order to feel like you are, you have to rely on other people's judgements.

You know you successfully "graduated" from adolescence when you stop caring about what other people think of you. I don't just pretend not to care..... I honestly don't lol.

Idk if anything I said made any sense XD

Last edited:

Hydreigon6507

What harms you emotionally is unlikely to be worth your time and you should not put more energy into it.

Learned this recently.

Tetra007

Be careful around toes, they hurt when stepped on...

Or in other words, approach difficult topics respectively, even if you wholely disagree with what another person thinks or believes in, or, if you think they're totally an idiot for thinking that way.

It's not worth losing a friend or hurtning someone's feelings by being stupid, I guess...yah...

(Also, "Always do your research". Especially when in school, you don't want to look stupid yourself either!) xD

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Anger can cloud logic and lead to negative actions. Don't be hasty.

What your parents don't know, won't hurt you

TerryJ

Karma doesn't exist. Just because you are a kind and nice person doesn't mean the world will treat you likewise back. I've found that it is the exact opposite. Of course, this doesn't give anyone any right to be a jerk!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
You aren't perfect, and can't really be. Suck it up and accept your flaws and failings as part of yourself. Do what you can to control them, but you can't ignore them and neither can other people. The worst people are the ones who believe that nothing about them needs to be changed and that their actions are the right ones no matter what. Being willing to change and to improve yourself, to strive to become better, is a sign that you can do the same for the world.

Maedar

Banned
Okay, here's a lesson I learned.

What defines a loser?

There was once a man who lived a long time ago who failed at almost everything he did. He was born into poverty, he only had about eighteen months of formal schooling, becoming what he was almost entirely by self-education. His mother died when he was young, and he was never close to his father. He had some success as a lawyer back in the times when you didn't need much to earn a degree in some backwater areas, but not much else.

He tried to run for state assembly. He lost.

He later opened a store with a partner. It failed, and went bankrupt.

He became a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. He was considered a failure as a member of that group, and didn’t try to run for a second term.

He tried to run for vice president. He lost the nomination to someone else.

But this guy was smart. He knew something very important. He knew that he would never truly be a loser until he stopped trying.

And Abraham Lincoln was NOT a loser.

Last edited:
Okay, here's a lesson I learned.

What defines a loser?

There was once a man who lived a long time ago who failed at almost everything he did. He was born into poverty, he only had about eighteen months of formal schooling, becoming what he was almost entirely by self-education. His mother died when he was young, and he was never close to his father He had very little formal schooling. He had some success as a lawyer back in the times when you didn't need much to earn a degree in some backwater areas, but not much else.

He tried to run for state assembly. He lost.

He later opened a store with a partner. It failed, and went bankrupt.

He became a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. He was considered a failure as a member of that group, and didn’t try to run for a second term.

He tried to run for vice president. He lost the nomination to someone else.

But this guy was smart. He knew something very important. He knew that he would never truly be a loser until he stopped trying.

And Abraham Lincoln was NOT a loser.

(;_:) That was beautiful

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Don't mix marijuana with alcohol. Choose one or the other, or the rest of your week will suck. Hard.

I've knew how bad this is (mixing drinks) when I've drink brandy and later a cachaça (our specialty here) , and dear, I couldn't even walk in the next day if there weren't a single a wall near me. Luckily, it passed after 2 days.

101stkillah

That after high school, you realize how little people care about popularity. (At least here at ASU lol.)

Last edited:

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Good friends are few and far between. I've moved around a lot growing up, so it was hard for me to get close to people, so I learned this the hard way.

Aquanova

Dont wait for things you want/need to come to you, cause they wont. Always work for and pursue what you want in life, even if you think it will never happen.

Dont swell on the past, you wont move forward if you do.