• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sharknado

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
This movie was really great and i decided to have this here to see if others share in this awesome movie, yes it's a typically fake movie with fake graphics on the syfy channel but it did so good trending worldwide that it came out in theaters any thoughts about the movie? Or the sequel?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Isn't this The Asylum by any chance? And it was on cable? Didn't it get a limited theater release? I thought it did. All I know is my parents are waiting for the DVD to come out. They want to see how hilarious it is since they've enjoyed the other two Asylum movies we blindly got. (Age of Dinosaurs, MegaShark vs Giant Octopus--that one was hilarious if only because I didn't know who The Asylum was. Now that I do, the other hurt me within the first five minutes so I couldn't sit through it all.)

Personally, I'm not looking forward to watching it, and I have no plans to if only because of how stupid it looks. My parents will probably make me watch it with them, though >_>.

Oh God, there's a sequel in the works? Why does this company enjoy making bad movies? I don't get it.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Yes, it is the Asylum's work, and yes, there's a sequel (Sharknado 2: The Second One, set in New York instead of California) coming next year. Of course, it is completely stupid, but it really captures the spirit of the classic drive-in theater-type movie. It's completely ridiculous, completely over the top, the story is ridiculously cheesy, the acting is atrocious... and yet it's strangely enjoyable, in the way Roger Corman's old movies were. You can't take it seriously, but if you sit back and just roll with the utterly ridiculous spectacle before you it makes a great comedy.

Why does this company enjoy making bad movies? I don't get it.

I think some of it is because they just love the ripoff-B-movie genre, and some of it is sheer, cynical money grabbing. They've been brazenly open about the fact that their traditional business model is to latch onto a big movie hitting theaters (Transformers, Pacific Rim, Jurassic Park, Piranha 3D, Shark Night 3D, Snakes on a Plane) and produce a 'mockbuster' ripoff of it (Transmorphers and its sequel Transmorphers: Fall of Man, Atlantic Rim aka Attack From Beneath, Age of Dinosaurs, Mega Piranha, Shark Week, Snakes on a Train) to ride the coattails of the bigger movie's marketing.

The mockbuster films are the primary share of their catalogue. They do make some original films, like the Sharknado and Mega Shark VS.... franchises, but what they really make their stock in is cheap, silly ripoffs of high-profile films.

Lugia's Chosen

This movie was really great and i decided to have this here to see if others share in this awesome movie, yes it's a typically fake movie with fake graphics on the syfy channel but it did so good trending worldwide that it came out in theaters any thoughts about the movie? Or the sequel?

Yeah, terrible low budget sy fy original. Not much else to say about it. The fascination with it is kind of silly.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Yeah it was a low budget silly movie but that's what made it so darn good lol they even let the fans pic the sequals name, I didn't like that there are sharks everywhere and your best weapon is chainsaw but i like the idea if a tornado mase of sharks lol

Hey Micky!

I gotta say, whilst I appreciated its purpose (and the purpose of most Asylum flicks), I really disliked Sharknado. My main point of comparison is Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus. With MSvGO there was a massive sense of spectacle. It god awfully stupid but there was some special level of spectacle, when the Mega Shark first appeared, when the Giant Octopus first appeared, the destruction they wrought, etc etc all leading to the final showdown. With Sharknado, I didn't feel that. There was too much time spent lingering on the main character and the family dispute/character building, which was a lot to its detriment since it's obvious the film didn't care about that kinda stuff. It wasn't really until the final 10-15 minutes that the spectacle really started to kick in. Comparatively with MSvOG it felt a lot like a spectacle throughout to me.

But then again, it's worth noting that for me, MSvOG was the "first" of its kind (its kind being Asylum's cheap, purposely bad Syfy releases) which bestowed upon it a kind of special "Wow, I've not watched something like this before - it's like special levels of stupid and special levels of awesome all in one." By the time Sharknado had rolled around, and I'd sat through a few of these Syfy Mockbusters, that novelty had worn off for me.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
There have been many shark movies, two headed shark, shark week on syfy means a lot of shark movies lol sharknado I liked the most out of all next to two headed shark and yeah the theater release was a little much, they should have kept on t.v but a worldwide trend changed that lol I hope the second one will be better.