• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shaymin, Meltan and Sandy! Lost Explorers!! (1060)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1060.jpg

Shaymin, Meltan and Sandy! Lost Explorers!!

Ash & co. have gone to Malie City for a visit. The town is filled with Pokémon workin with humans to make the city a great place. While on a tour by a group of ninja guides, they get to see all the sights however Mallow's hair ornament ends up getting blown away. This causes Shaymin, Sandy and Meltan to chase after it and end up getting lost and fall into a trap of Team Rocket. Will they be able to escape?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
As people speculated, this is mostly an excuse to tour Malie City. Still cute though.

Nagisa needs to calm down a bit. Kid almost got run over.

I liked the nice visual gag of the Bewear van having an evil grin like Team Rocket.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Well, today's pokemon episode wasn't too special. It's mostly our cast goofing around in Malie City, Eevee was cute in this episode and it took a while before he, Meltan and Shaymin got separated from the group.

Meltan managed to outdo Poipole in actions/ handiness once TR tried to spring their trap. I liked the little TR brawl, though it wasn't much and Meltan actually uses his moves. But the biggest highlight of them all was Bewear's scene... it was over the top and hilarious.

All in all... 6/10 of an episode. Not great, you can skip this if you want, Ryuki's episode is going to be a bit more interesting though.

p96822

Evolve me please
I didn't care for this episode too much. I did like that finally that Eevee took out Mareanie in one hit along side Meltan's Headbutt

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I think this is the 1st time I'm seeing Lana being upset to one of her Pokemons, especially because her Eevee was mischievous, to the point it almost got run over until Mallow's Shaymin, yeah it was befriended not captured, saved that Pokemon.

Gotta love Ash's Lycanroc expression after the TRio blastoff, it looked kinda cute and different of its usual serious expressions.

I would expect this episode titular Pokemons would have their own adventures as long as the Alolan starters a while back, but nope. The only thing that happened is that Shaymin followed Mallow's hair ornament that flew by the plot device wind along with Eevee & Meltan. The next few minutes they got the hair ornament which TRio appears, in which Ash, Mallow & Lana appears to save them, all of that happened a few minutes gap.

Eevee should get more moves, its tackle is getting obselete, even James Mareanie could easily counter this move with its long ranged Sludge Bomb. Glad that Eevee knocked the latter out with its Double-Edge, along with the latter Sludge Bomb being useless against Meltan. And nice Shaymin Aromatherapy move to heal Eevee poison.

Outside of those mentioned above. The episode is pretty typical, witth the main cast visiting an unfamiliar place. So overall, it's a good episode.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Not visiting malie city was one of the ula ula arc's biggest crimes, so I'm glad we saw it here, the bewear gag was hilarious, and the small TR scuffle was kinda fun, but otherwise nothing special in this episode

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
And people say Shaymin is useless :p

No OLM, tell us how you REALLY feel about the Naruto franchise...

I knew the producers more or less discarded a Pokemon after it was fully evolved and stopped being cute, but this might be a new low...:(

Ash changing clothes...Poor Serena's gonna be depressed as heck at not getting a guest stint this saga... :(

Man, our old buddies at 4Kids are gonna have a heart attack or ulcers or something at all the Japanese-ness of this episode!:eek:

That awkward moment when your realize just how little screentime the TRio has gotten lately...:confused:

That's one for Mareanie. Ouch.

Mimikyu: That all you got, *****?

That's one for Meltan and especially Sandy.

Rescue or kidnapping? You decide!

And Team Rocket it caught by the dreaded Kite Eating Tree!

DatsRight

This was....a lot better than I expected it to be. Lots of cute character moments, Shaymin actually demonstrated a personality, and Mallow and Lana actually shown bonds with their secondaries. I'm really hoping this isn't a one time thing like Popplio in the previous separation episode, we don't get nearly enough chemistries between different Pokemon teams this series.

Shaymin seems likeable enough, predictable personality but at least it has one at all now. Timid but incredibly loyal. In one episode it's already done more to endear itself than Tsareena has, who they even gave a quick excuse for not being in this episode (wonder what's Brionne's excuse, Lana used to take Popplio everywhere).

Even the TR interruption wasn't an utterly dull curbstomp, with abilities and typing put into use and Mareanie actually getting in a deadly hit, if only to show off Shaymin's Aromatherapy (interesting the twerps have a healer in their group now, always thought it'd be Lillie due to her games' team, though surely this would encourage the use of Mallow in more tense battles so such a move isn't completely redundant). Of course TR still forget they have a Z Move, though I think there's even more outrageous wasted potential; no Wobbuffet vs Lycanroc Counter Battle. Come on, make it happen, SM!

I like the depiction of Maile City in this episode, especially the emphasised co-existance of humans and Pokemon, who actually serve employment in many areas. Also remembered to use that lovely theme from the games (whose placing bets the dub takes it out?).

Other nice interaction moments, Ash saving Lillie's hat, him and Sophocles pigging out, Lana being driven mad by Sandy's playing up, Jessie managing to coerce Mimikyu into battle by pointing out Pikachu. Also seems to be a running gag that TR's snack business loses out due to poor timing or competition rather than bad produce.

Is it just me by the way, or does Bewear seem much more like a character since Stufful came along rather than an expressionless force of nature? We've had times it's shown more emotion like anger towards Phermosa or cases like this episode where it actually bungles a rescue attempt.

That awkward moment when your realize just how little screentime the TRio has gotten lately...:confused:

Ultra Legends seems to be doing a little better with them. We've seen Mareanie and Mimikyu battle more often and they've had the odd funny interaction with the twerps in some episodes. Better moderation than XY around this time when they were used non-stop in the exact same by-the-numbers way.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
Can we just talk about how cute was Lillie's Kimono? :') reminded me of May's Beautifly dress in Movie 8.

This episode was so fun and cute. Lana is growing on me a lot. She's my 2nd favourite SM character. I like that all the characters are holding cute Pokemon.

DatsRight

It's rare seeing an episode where Lana is just not in control of things and is losing her temper, Sandy clearly takes her out of her element more than Popplio ever did. It's just annoying they waited this long just to get to this level of character with her.

It does seem like Ultra Legends is trying a bit harder with the girls right now, letting them get caught in more antics and being forced to be more proactive with their Pokemon, they still need more of an agency in what they want to do with them however (though it was nice seeing Shaymin trying to help out in the restaurant).

I'm just annoyed they waited until now to give Mallow a practical Grass type move such as Aromatherapy that could have been given proper use in some ensemble plots throughout this series (they could have used it as an excuse to make the Ultra Beasts more threatening without turning things into a bloodbath for example).

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Glad they’re visiting Malie City. I think this makes the Battle Tree the only location in Alola they haven’t visited?

Was wondering where Tsareena was. So, if all the classmates battle in the next episode, Mallow will have to use Shaymin? Interesting

Eevee almost died & it gets mad at Shaymin for saving it

I like how Meltan is the opposite of Rowlet as it’s curious like Eevee

Malie Garden looks amazing. The vast amount of Pokèmon they use is great (Sidenote but this episode really cements the idea that Hariyama looks like an egg lol)

Poor Octillery being forced in such an awkward job

Actually glad to see Lycanroc again.

Kind of weird seeing 2 Legends relying on an Eevee to defend them. I know legendary doesn’t equate to powerful but they should at least be somewhat capable to defend themselves

Damn Lycanroc just stepped on Jessie like it was nothing.

The Mimikyu gag is really getting old. We get it: it hates Pikachu

Bewear with the greatest getaway like usual

Great entertaining filler 9/10

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
An octillery serving the takoyaki...........................I don't think I should have to explain why that's wrong in many levels
Glad they’re visiting Malie City. I think this makes the Battle Tree the only location in Alola they haven’t visited?

Was wondering where Tsareena was. So, if all the classmates battle in the next episode, Mallow will have to use Shaymin? Interesting

Eevee almost died & it gets mad at Shaymin for saving it

I like how Meltan is the opposite of Rowlet as it’s curious like Eevee

Malie Garden looks amazing. The vast amount of Pokèmon they use is great (Sidenote but this episode really cements the idea that Hariyama looks like an egg lol)

Poor Octillery being forced in such an awkward job

Actually glad to see Lycanroc again.

Kind of weird seeing 2 Legends relying on an Eevee to defend them. I know legendary doesn’t equate to powerful but they should at least be somewhat capable to defend themselves

Damn Lycanroc just stepped on Jessie like it was nothing.

The Mimikyu gag is really getting old. We get it: it hates Pikachu

Bewear with the greatest getaway like usual

Great entertaining filler 9/10
konikoni city, po town, tapu village, technically heahea city (they were in the pokemon center at the end of SM31, but that was it, they moved to paniola town almost inmediately)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
An octillery serving the takoyaki...........................I don't think I should have to explain why that's wrong in many levels

konikoni city, po town, tapu village, technically heahea city (they were in the pokemon center at the end of SM31, but that was it, they moved to paniola town almost inmediately)
We actually got Po Town back in the Guzma episode. But yes, an Octillery being forced to serve his own kind is very sad.