• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shaymin, Meltan and Sandy! Lost Explorers!! (1060)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I'm glad Tsundereena is helping Mallow's dad manage the restaurant while Mallow does absolutely nothing to advertise it, completely going against her dream to make it the most popular restaurant in Alola

But, I'm sure she'll "fulfill" her dream via entering the League and using that to advertise instead of actually putting forth any effort

DatsRight

I'm glad Tsundereena is helping Mallow's dad manage the restaurant while Mallow does absolutely nothing to advertise it, completely going against her dream to make it the most popular restaurant in Alola

But, I'm sure she'll "fulfill" her dream via entering the League and using that to advertise instead of actually putting forth any effort

I've truthfully given up on them doing anything meaningful with Mallow's goal and am just satisfied she's getting some time with her Pokemon and just not feeling like an inactive prop.

p96822

Evolve me please
It reviewing time!

So Ash and his friend are gonna to Malie City for no reason, beside having fun there. I really don't know why they have to be here in this episode then having this in another episode earlier in the series when Ula Ula Island was important.

Anyway, I do think that the writer telling us that Shaymin have been learning from Tsareena was a bad idea because it doing the Show don't tell rule of storytelling. I think Shaymin would have had this personality because it's species name of the Gratitude Pokemon. I don't really care about Shaymin that much because of this episode. For this episode being simalar in premise of episode 16 it was boring compare to that episode. At least that episode had the Pokemon's personality bouncing off one another compare to this. Even though this is giving Shaymin a character, however it takes away from Meltan and Eevee from having any meaningful interaction before Team Rocket shows up.

As for Team Rocket, I really think the idiot ball has hit Team Rocket pretty hard in this episode like forgetting what Shaymin look like or using a metal cage when they know that Meltan eats metal. And I don't think the battle between Team Rocket was that interesting. Plus the Bewear gag in this one was questionable to me.

So I'll give this episode a 3/10

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Malie City was plot relevant in the games. It introduced Guzma, had Lillie visit the library to look up Alolan history, Acerola is introduced, and if we want to be technical it was also the place to visit the recycle plant.

Of course, all this is utterly scrapped and kicked into a ball. What's left is simple tourism with hi-jinks.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Malie City was plot relevant in the games. It introduced Guzma, had Lillie visit the library to look up Alolan history, Acerola is introduced, and if we want to be technical it was also the place to visit the recycle plant.

Of course, all this is utterly scrapped and kicked into a ball. What's left is simple tourism with hi-jinks.
If you were a huge fan of Pokemon Lore, it's also where you learned a bit about Ultra Necrozma's origins lost to history.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Malie City has no reason to exist in the anime since Acerola gave us Necrozma's origin story at a completely different library, and Guzma went to the only school in the entire Alola region to beat up schoolchildren instead of Malie Garden

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Malie City has no reason to exist in the anime since Acerola gave us Necrozma's origin story at a completely different library, and Guzma went to the only school in the entire Alola region to beat up schoolchildren instead of Malie Garden
A lot of things have no reason to exist in the anime. This helps create the image of just how vast the Pokemon world is in the anime. The difference between all the other filler and this is that fans actually want to see this.

p96822

Evolve me please
Even though I think this wasn't a good time to showcase Malie City, but I don't think that it's shouldn't exist. Really I wish that they ether did this earlier in seasson 2 when Ash was on Ula Ula. Or did something more important with it. With a story that only come half way though the episode there not to enjoy about this episode. The only thing that was important is that there a gym in Malie City.

DatsRight

Even though I think this wasn't a good time to showcase Malie City, but I don't think that it's shouldn't exist. Really I wish that they ether did this earlier in seasson 2 when Ash was on Ula Ula. Or did something more important with it. With a story that only come half way though the episode there not to enjoy about this episode. The only thing that was important is that there a gym in Malie City.

The general consensus is that they wasted WAY too much time in Season Two, stuff like Sandy's capture and maybe even the Poni arc should have probably been put in the tail end so Season Three has more breathing time and the girls had more agency for a larger part of the show due to their secondaries. That said I don't mind them going back to parts of the other islands, it excuses why the main island arcs were rather fleeting since they can go back to other towns and areas when they can become more relevant or be used more gratifyingly.

DatsRight

It's kind of odd we didn't see anything of Marowak himself now that you mention it. I thought he largely took the role of Kiawe's representing Pokemon whenever Turtonator was too big to fit in scene.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I’m surprised nobody has discussed the Naruto reference in this episode, unless I missed it. The ninja kept saying “believe it” and had a headband similar to the Hidden Leaf ones. I was waiting for them to reference Naruto.

Well, specifically his line is "datte yo". Which isn't quite the same as Naruto's catchphrase, which is "datte ba yo", but... Yeah it still does seem like a pretty blatant reference.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I was just about to call this an average filler episode but I can’t help but love how creative they are with Bewear! I laughed out loud when she left the TRio on top of a tree and she didn’t notice that the string broke until later on in the day! :p

Of course I also love these subtle moments where the Pokémon think for themselves like Shaymin healing Nagisa from Poison, Pikachu taking on Mimikyu (I can’t help but love how much it despises Pikachu. It looked like it was gonna abandon the TRio before Jessie had to continuously tell it that Pikachu was in the opposite direction.), or the Pokémon running off doing their own thing like Nagisa walking with the other Eevee.

Yes Nurse Joy, you are the one with the most personality even though you’re “plain” unlike your makeup wearing sisters.:D

EDIT: I forgot to mention how trash Naruto looks in this anime.:p

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I love episodes where we see the Pokemon get separated from their trainers and this one was no exception. Meltan is slowly becoming my fav SuMo Pokemon and even Shaymin is getting cuter by the episode. I'll cry when Shaymin eventually leaves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
I’m surprised nobody has discussed the Naruto reference in this episode, unless I missed it. The ninja kept saying “believe it” and had a headband similar to the Hidden Leaf ones. I was waiting for them to reference Naruto.

I noticed it, but it didn't really interest me since the anime has added Naruto references in the past, like during XY for example. I'm just accustomed to it by now.