• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

shaymin normal form shaymin sky form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metamence

Ok what would happen if platinum battled pearl. on pokemon pearl if u used ice beam on shaymin would it be 4 times the damage or 2 times?so yeah in pearl shaymin is just a grass type. in platinum shaymin is a grass and flying type.this is kinda like the deoxys thing but with different types. so would the game do something wierd or something

NES

Flip me to the side!
Assuming you mean on battling.

Yeah the Shaymin from Platinum having these two types will receive the x4 ice beam, i think it was self explanatory...

Yes even if you see the regular sprite on pearl/diamond it will have the stats and type from platinum being on that version. Since the new sprite is not on the older versions you will see Shaymin on it's earth form, but the type will be flying/grass.

Nikacho

"Oh, HER again."
Good question.
I think I'll call sky forme shaymin "Skymin"
x3
I have no idea what would happen then.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ok what would happen if platinum battled pearl. on pokemon pearl if u used ice beam on shaymin would it be 4 times the damage or 2 times?so yeah in pearl shaymin is just a grass type. in platinum shaymin is a grass and flying type.this is kinda like the deoxys thing but with different types. so would the game do something wierd or something
The game would do nothing different and calculate stuff as is...stats, type, ability will all stay right

eraqua

Sawp?
I think he means if your battling pearl vs platinum the skymin sprite wont show as skymin it will be a normal shaymin, and hes wondering if the typing will change.

Metamence

I think he means if your battling pearl vs platinum the skymin sprite wont show as skymin it will be a normal shaymin, and hes wondering if the typing will change.

yeah thats what i thought

TheGreatRandoxy

Goldikarp&3reds
Originally Posted by Metamence
OK,well on Pearl,it Skymin would look like Normal Shaymin but it would have the stats & type & stuff of a Skymin. Or thats what I think anyway

Atticus the Sniper

How do you know Diamond and Pearl aren't coded to recognize Sky Form Shaymin and Origin Form Giratina? Surely they wouldn't make it to where you can't battle and trade the new forms between the Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
Maybe Sky-Forme Shaymin will just be Grass with the Levitate ability?

But then there's the question about ground attacks...

TheGreatRandoxy

Goldikarp&3reds
How do you know Diamond and Pearl aren't coded to recognize Sky Form Shaymin and Origin Form Giratina? Surely they wouldn't make it to where you can't battle and trade the new forms between the Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.
We know because hackers rip open the game and find out every hidden detail in it.If Skymin & Origin Forme Giratina were in DP, they would've found it by now

TheGreatRandoxy

Goldikarp&3reds
We know because hackers rip open the game and find out every hidden detail in it.If Skymin & Origin Forme Giratina were in DP, they would've found it by now

EifiBurakki

The Sacred

Exactly, hackers ripped apart DP so many times to find nothing new. You think if that was the case they would have found a Grass/Flying Shaymin? Skymin data [Typing] is not in Dimaond and Pearl so how would you be able to battle with a Skymin. Sure, it would go back to the Earth Forme, but that's besides the point. a Grass/Flying Shaymin IS NOT in Diamond and Pearl's coding, so how would you be able to battle?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
The game can still handle different types and base stats for Pokemon, just like it can handle new moves and abilities for Pokemon. Why do you think the game doesn't completely crash if you battle a hacker who has stats above the normal limits? Just because it isn't something that's legitimately obtainable in the game doesn't mean the game can't handle battling it.

EifiBurakki

The Sacred
The game can still handle different types and base stats for Pokemon, just like it can handle new moves and abilities for Pokemon. Why do you think the game doesn't completely crash if you battle a hacker who has stats above the normal limits? Just because it isn't something that's legitimately obtainable in the game doesn't mean the game can't handle battling it.

Ok, I get it now. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

vhanix

Grass grower!
of course even though Shaymin did change and as a legendary it still has its weaknesses and resistances so therefore it will receive a great damage on ice attacks.

bookist

they might have download stations where you can update your copy of DP though.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
they might have download stations where you can update your copy of DP though.

It's unlikely that they would leave out the new forms from the game, only to create some other way of distributing this new update, just to keep the new forms a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.