• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

She Loved Me, And She Will Die (OU RMT)

EBONKA

Hola amigos, this is probably my 5th or 6th RMT thread, although I haven't done a good one in a while. I actually made on last Sunday, no one commented, so I went back and changed it, which is what you are about to see now.
Note: I just made edits, all changes are underlined

First Look:
407.png
373.png
376.png
485.png
260.png
121.png

407.png

Roserade (Masquerade) @ Focus Sash
Natural Cure
4 Hp/ 252 Spe/ 252 SpAtk
Timid
-Sleep Powder
-Leaf Storm
-Toxic Spikes
-HP Fire

My lead. With my max speed I outrun most other leads, allowing me to set down Sleep Powder and two layers of Toxic Spikes. Even if I don't out run the opponet's lead (Heatran, Crobat, Ninjask) with focus Sash, I surrvive what would normally be a OHKO and still place my Sleep Powder with moderate success. With HP Fire I can take care of sleeping Bronzong and Metagross leads, and with Leaf Storm I can handle Tyranitar with a 2HKO or a 3HKO, depending on their set, and Swapmert with a OHKO. Natural Cure since Poison Point is a waste of an ability, seeing how I'm laying down Toxic Spikes anyway.

373.png

Salamence (Draco) @ Life Orb
Intimidate
82 Atk / 176 Spe/ 252 SpAtk
Rash
-Draco Meteor
-Roost
-Fire Blast
-Brick Break

The man who stole Porygon-Z's spot. This Old-Skool MixMence will hopefully provide the kills that Pory never did (although without the charisma.) Draco Meteor because I like quick KOs and I cannot lie. Roost since all that Lo recoil would eventually add up. Fire Blast for the damage and I don't really worry about accuracy. Brick Break because JRCxyz said so and I like to follow people blindly.

376.png

Metagross (Titan) @ Choice Band
Clear Body
252 HP/ 236 Atk/ 22 Df
Adamant
-Thunder Punch
-Explosion
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake

My teams Physical attacker/Tank. Choice Band + STAB + Meteor Mash = death to all who appose me. While I hate being locked into one attack with the Choice items, I can't deny the absolute power that it brings. Thunder Punch for coverage over Gyrados, Starmie and the like. Earthquake for great type coverage, solid damage, and for pokemon that resist Steel (i.e. Empoleon) or when I catch a sleeping Heatran. He is easily the physically strongest of my Sandstorm Bulky Squad (Heatran, Metagross, and Swampert) and has ended many battles with Explosion. I save Explosion for when
a.) There's a pokemon that could sweep my entire team (like a Gyrados with 2 Dragon Dances)
b.) I'm about to win and don't want to bother waiting or
c.) A really annoying pokemon is disrupting my strategy (Blissey, Breloom, Machamp).

485.png

Heatran (Vesuvius) @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
4 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 252 SpAtk
Naive
-Dragon Pulse
-Explosion
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power

My second special sweeper. Whnever Roserade is expecting a fire attack, I switch him in and ride Fire Blast for a while. Dark Pulse to help me counter the most annoying pokemon ever that won't die from Explosion (aka Rotom). Earth power for taking on Tyranitar and enemy Heatrans. In fact, Vesuvius is my main Heatran counter because
1.) He will be as fast, if not faster
2.) when I switch in, it's almost always a fire attack
3.) They don't know the above two facts and they think the can take him.
I use Explosion for the same reasons as Metagross, except Heatran's faster, another bonus.

260.png

Swampert(Tsunami) @ Leftovers
Torrent
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Df
Impish
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Roar

Ladies and gentlemen, another 252/252/4 EV spread!! Swampert is the man who managed to beat Hippowdon out his spot. Stealth Rock for additional support after Toxic Spikes. Roar for whenever I'm stuck in a crappy matchup and want to get out (I'm looking at you Breloom). Earthquake for Damage purposes, it's my go to offense move. Ice Beam for additional Dragon coverage, and the occasional bug/ flying type.

121.png

Starmie (Orion) @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid
136 HP/ 156 Df/ 216 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Rapid Spin
-Surf

My Rapid Spinner/ Support. I'm starting to thing Starmie has too many roles... Anyway, Starmie spins stupid stuff squarely southwards, safely stopping Stealth Rock and Spikes from screwing my team. Natural Cure so that if he gets poison when switching in (or any other status for that matter) he can wish it away like fairy dust. Surf because I figured I needed at least 1 attack, and Hydro Pump is too inaccurate. Recover since it's one of the best healing moves, and all walls need to heal.

Anyway, that's my team, I hope you liked it, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Final Look:
407.png
373.png
376.png
485.png
260.png
121.png

Last edited:

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
Most members on your team are mixnape weak. Grass Knot, Flamethrower, Close Combat, etc. You should switch out one of your choice scarfed pokes for a good mixnape counter. Like Cresselia for example. Hope this helps! ^^

Towriss

Banned
pretty good team. I think, with the current Toxic Spikes support, TormenTran may work better than ScarfTran here.

If you wanna try it out, here's the spread

Heatran@Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm
244HP/220Spe/32SpA/12SpD

Lava Plume/Taunt
Substitute
Protect
Torment

Flamethrowa55

Most members on your team are mixnape weak. Grass Knot, Flamethrower, Close Combat, etc. You should switch out one of your choice scarfed pokes for a good mixnape counter. Like Cresselia for example. Hope this helps! ^^

Starmie is a Mixape counter, especially when it is bulked up to take grass knots.
Plus, he has 2 revenge killers, so Mixape is a non-issue to be honest.

Change dark pulse to dragon pulse or hidden power ice on Heatran.
Neutral Fire blast is more powerful than Super effective Dark pulse.

Towriss

Banned
pretty good team. I think, with the current Toxic Spikes support, TormenTran may work better than ScarfTran here.

If you wanna try it out, here's the spread

Heatran@Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm
244HP/220Spe/32SpA/12SpD

Lava Plume/Taunt
Substitute
Protect
Torment

EBONKA

I'm thinking I should change Starmie,(not to a different pokemon, just different moves/EVs) but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

Hola, Op.

Your team is going to get destroyed by Stall. You have too many choice item users and will make you struggle against the aforementioned Stall. You know who's your team weakest link? Porygon-Z. Other than revenge killing random stuff, that Heatran does better anyway due to better typing, more bulk, and Explosion, Porygon-Z is doing nothing productive for your team. He's getting the boot in favor of Salamence who cracks Stall wide open. Use the Old MixMence set. This set:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimiadte
Rash nature (+Sp.A, -Sp.D)
80 Att/ 252 Sp.A/ 176 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost

Old MixMence is chosen over New MixMence because it has a better match against Stall teams. With the Att Ev's Brick Break will 2HKO Blissey after suffering Stealth Rocks damage. The Spe Ev's allow Salamence outspeed Adamant Lucario. Max Sp.A for max Sp.A.

Now, I'll take out Hippodown for Tyranitar. Specially defensive Tyranitar to be more exact.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
Careful (+Sp.D, -Sp.A)
236 Hp/ 12 Def/ 252 Sp.D
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- Brick Break

This is an actual Sp.D tank, unlike Starmie. Pretty simple set.

With this change Starmie is free to use a more useful set. Use the standard Rapid Spin set.

Test this changes and tell me how it goes. I know I could have done a better, more detailed rate but I'm tired.

I double posted because I'm on the PS3 and it has a character limit.

EBONKA

So I need to switch Pory with either MixMence or Gyrados, a give Starmie the standard Rapid Spin Set. I think I should leave Heatran the way he is if I'm getting rid of Pory though. I'll come back later and make the changes to see what you guys think.

Gyarados says Hi if you are replacing PZ

Starmie wants standard Rapid Spin set and Thunderbolt

Gyarados.png

Very funny except it seems you only read the first two lines of my first post since I said the Op should use the standard Starmie set.

Op, there are some things you overlooked. Like Tyranitar's suggestion over Hippodown. Care to give me a reason not to use my suggestion?

And don't belive people blindly. Just test the suggestions given by the raters.

EBONKA

Yeah I kept Hippo over Tyrant since I felt that the physical bulk he provided was more essemtial in keeping my team balanced than the offensive power Ty would bring.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
Careful (+Sp.D, -Sp.A)
236 Hp/ 12 Def/ 252 Sp.D
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- Brick Break

Max HP is needed if you are going to invest in Defense as well, otherwise there really is no point.

252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 SpD

There you go.

EBONKA

So does everyone think I should switch Hippo with Tyrant? Cus I also heard I should switch him with Swampert.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Well if you want the generic type triangle thing that smogon doesnt shut the **** about then yea, gives you nice resistances.