• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shedinja-related question

Noscreenname

I don't want to try this without knowing: is there any way, at all, to get shedinja's HP above 1? Like, HP EV training it or giving it lots of HP Ups?

Because if I could, and gave it a focus sash, it could actually become somewhat useful.

;292;;292;;292;;292;;292;;292;

You can never ever raise Shedinja's HP.

Focus Sash works though.

Mr. Mime

Stop Copying Me!
Focus Band's/Focus Sash's didn't work when I tried it. I tought it some really good moves and went against a Meowth just outside Celedon. It was faster and used Scratch. Down in one, so I stashed it a box awaiting transfer to Pearl.

dusk456

Dark Lord
This is Shedinja,right? How can Scratch work against it? I mean its Ghost and Bug types do not make Scratch super effective,does it?

Arbok

aka Arbok
Focus Band's/Focus Sash's didn't work when I tried it. I tought it some really good moves and went against a Meowth just outside Celedon. It was faster and used Scratch. Down in one, so I stashed it a box awaiting transfer to Pearl.

So, if I read this correctly, a Meowth used Scratch at your Shedinja?

Or am I reading your story wrong now?

Mr. Mime

Stop Copying Me!
Yeah, it used Scratch. I don't even know what happened, it just went "whoosh". Normal shouldn't affect it should it?

EDIT: Ack, sorry, wrong pokemon all together. I was using Nincada. ¬_¬ Sorry about that, didn't read it properly...

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
No you can't focus sash doesn't work since it has 1hp if it had 2 hp then focus sash would work it's basically common sense.

Mr. Mime

Stop Copying Me!
But then essentially, you'd have two attacks worth, unless the pokemon is something like Mime Jr. or Cleffa. Though the AI of wild pokemon is so bad sometimes you could probably count on them using Leer.

Noscreenname

Wait a moment: Focus sash isn't supposed to work when the HP is only one. Is shedinja an exception, since at 1 its HP is full?

Excalibur

Psi Core Commander
Shedinja has one HP, always. No matter what.

Anaya

Synthesis
It would be pointless to want it to go up to 2 anyway. You might aswell just keep it at 1. (That is if it was even possible to raise it, which it's not.)