• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shedinja, useful ingame? (emerald)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fateweaver

Im thinking of using Shedinja in game as ive alwaysd wanted one. Could never figure out why my Nincada evolved into Ninjask when i first played the game all those years ago. Ive seen people on youtube use it to battle legendarys but can it be used to battle everyday trainers in game? Thanks

Kalosian

So long
As long as you avoid Attacks that are supereffective against Shedinja, it shouldn't be a problem to use. You just have to be a bit more careful when using it compared to when using other Pokemon. If you are a good player, it shouldn't be any problems.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
IIRC, its weak to Dark, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Rock, burn, poison, Sandstorm, Hail, and Spikes. Just avoid all of those, and you'll be set.

If you plan on using it against Gym Leader's, it'd be a good idea to check their movesets first.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Shedinja was only useful in helping me catch Kyogre in sapphire. The thing had far to much weakness and the 1hp didn't help it much.

However if you are planing to use it just make sure that your older 5 pokémon can cover it weakness and you should be fine.

I think hes useful but only if you plan out the situation youre putting him into. if you know his weaknesses and try and avoid them I think he could be a good asset to any team

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He's pretty useful, especially when you fight Team Aqua

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Yes,I agree with all of the above,as long as you're good at the game,it is good.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
As long as you can avoid all its weaknesess like rock,flying,electric,fire,ice ect, and get away from sandstorm and hail and any other kind of moves that are weather related plus avoiding Willo whisp and Toxic and you will be set. :)

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
It's OK to use him. Just be careful when using him and keep him away from super effective attacks and hail/sandstorm. Use him if you're good and your team can cover up all his weaknesses.

Deoxys386

Deoxys Fan
Shedinja, when used correctly, can be very useful due to the fact that it can only be harmed by super-effective hits, and status/weather/entry hazard damage. One should note that if using Shedinja against Wallace, when the gym leader, he has no way damaging Shedinja. When Champion, he can only damage Shedinja with Toxic and Leech Seed damage.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

It's beast, but watch out for its weaknesses or else it's down in one shot.

HydroSwampert

As everyone else has said, he/she is very good if used correctly. I am using one in my current, first Ruby Version Scramble. My Shedinja is a little hard to train than the others because he needs more Experience Points than most, or maybe even all, of my Pokemon in my Team to Level up, and this makes it harder to use a Shedinja earlier on. If you're prepared to do some training, and to play carefully, then he/she will be awesome! Good luck to anyone who is, or will be using a Shedinja !

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Oversensetivity... Why cant you bump a thread?

Anyways, can you lvl a Nincada to like lvl 50 and then evolve it to Ninjask and a Shedinja both lvl 50?

Status
Not open for further replies.