• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shedinja

Do you think Shedinjas are unfair in the Battle Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 240 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 449 65.2%

• Total voters

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I think it's unfair because the creators obviously made Shedinja thinking that the opposing trainer would have several Pokemon in their team with the probability that one or two of those attack was Super Effective against Shedinja. But having only 1 Pokemon on your team reduces those odds A LOT, so it's comparatively unfair.

I think a lot of idiots are posting here not realizing that you were at the Battle Hall with ONE Pokemon on your team only.

I realized it, but the whole point of the Battle Hall is to be prepared for everything except for the few legendaries that are banned. Since Shedinja isn't banned, you obviously need to be prepared for it when you choose bug or ghost, and if you're not, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I realized it, but the whole point of the Battle Hall is to be prepared for everything except for the few legendaries that are banned. Since Shedinja isn't banned, you obviously need to be prepared for it when you choose bug or ghost, and if you're not, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Shedinja isn't the problem, you are. If you want to make sure this doesn't happen again, be prepared.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
The fact of the matter is that worrying about Shedinja limits the potential of Pokemon you can use in the Battle Hall even though it's supposed to be a part of the game where ANY Pokemon can win if it's good enough. Having a move that Shedinja's weak to is a mere technicality. It has nothing to do with skill, so it's unfair and misses the entire point of the Battle Hall.

Last edited:

Azayzal

Dazed and Confused
Dunno if anyone else has said this as i cannot be bothered to read through 17 pages of text but Blissey rules the battle hall with a soft non-physically threatening fist at least my blissey does with Thunder Bolt, Psychic, Flamethrower and Energy Ball

not at all. you have to be ready to cover every single thing and beat everything you see, which is obviously impossible, so it's not just shedinja that will give your team a hard time. i don't think it's unfair at all.

Golden Metagross

Metagross Ownes.
I don't tend to mind, although sometimes I sweep with mine.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
DAMN! CHEAP! Majorly unfair!

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
He's a royal pain, and that's why Kingdra falls short a lot of the time. Unless you're packing Toxic, you won't hit it.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
No, I find it harder in the Battle Tower,when I'm always on my last Pokemon, a Shedinja comes up!

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
No... It all boils down on what Pokémon you use.

But what if that Pokémon doesn't have ANY moves that are effective?

You would have to risk getting a crappy move. That annoys me.

One more thing. What if you were using Shedinja? Would that be unfair?
You would say no, since you're the one using it. But if it's used against you, you would think it's unfair.
Come on, people! Actually have your Pokémon learn Toxic. It isn't that hard, and it will be useful against other Pokémon as well.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
The fact of the matter is that worrying about Shedinja limits the potential of Pokemon you can use in the Battle Hall even though it's supposed to be a part of the game where ANY Pokemon can win if it's good enough. Having a move that Shedinja's weak to is a mere technicality. It has nothing to do with skill, so it's unfair and misses the entire point of the Battle Hall.

Yes.

I wanna use my Electrivire. And Shedinja makes me have to put a cruddy move on his set if I want to go anywhere with him.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Yes.

I wanna use my Electrivire. And Shedinja makes me have to put a cruddy move on his set if I want to go anywhere with him.

Then use something different! It's not that hard, people!

Although I have an extreme hatred for Shedinja. I feel like it just teases me every time "The foe's Shedinja avoided damage using Wonder Guard!" shows up on the screen.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Then use something different! It's not that hard, people!

The point of the Battle Hall is the ability to use any Pokemon you want with equal success.

A Matter of Skill (and More)

This may sound very logical, but it is incorrect. Choosing moves IS a matter of skill! If someone used a Tyranitar with Ancientpower, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm, and Sunny Day, would we not rightly recognize a lack of skill? If you run into any kind of difficulty because you think you can take on all types of Pokemon with just one moveset, you must deal with it!

Seriously, most Pokemon can learn a super effective offensive move. And most Pokemon can safely forget and relearn a move. Unless you have four egg moves, changing your moveset should never be considered impossible.

Also, don't forget that skill is not the only thing to consider; the games have always involved some luck. For example, if your Pokemon is exactly as fast as your opponent, the game randomly determines who hoes first. A match can turn on luck. Never forget!

The point of the Battle Hall is the ability to use any Pokemon you want with equal success.
And I just wanted to say, this is absolutely false. No one brings a Magikarp to the Battle Hall. Shedinja itself would have probelms reaching the Frontier Brain even once!

Shedinja is unfair in this format. As previously stated, ANY pokemon should be able to succeed at the battle hall and shedinja imposes lots of limits on strategies. In 3v3+ battles shedinja is fine, because when constructing a TEAM, one should make sure the team is balanced. It is difficult to balance a pokemon to counter any and all threats, shedinja single-handedly being the biggest complication in the battle hall.

I too am using an electivire to sweep through there. Asking me to change one of my moves is ridiculous. I specifically bred those moves on there to make this electivire perfect. Adding a fire or rock type move ruins the whole set.