• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shedinja

Do you think Shedinjas are unfair in the Battle Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 240 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 449 65.2%

• Total voters
One word.

Tyranitar.

Problem solved.

Last edited:

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Whats not fair about him?
He has 1HP and SOME moves hit him >_>

ribcage_x

I hate shedinja with like a fiery passion. Well when I used it at battle factory i loved it. I guess you just have to be prepared for everything. but its still super annoying when your not.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
things that kill Shedinja 101:
stealth rocks, sandstorm, hail, Will-o-wisp, toxic, fire, dark, flying, ghost, rock, recoil damage, destiny bond, curse, rough skin and thats all i can think off. if you don't have a single one of these... then you deserve to lose.

CaptainX24

Yes, Shedinjas are terrible. So vulnerable, yet they are protected from almost everything. That's why I like to use my Tyranitar that knows Rock Slide.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
I used my own Shedinja against it :p

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i can't call it the most wise thing to put in at the battlehall as it can be a streak killer but forbidding it would be unable aswell, i guess it's a matter of luck.

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
I think its fair becasue of all its weaknesses and 1 hp

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
It really must suck, I know It'll happen to me sometime, but it's not unfair really because Shedinja isn't banned from you using it like legendaries are. Also, you have to be prepared for it when you pick a bug or ghost type. It's almost certain to pop up because the game has a thing for picking pokemon with duel types.

So my point is, if you can use it then they can use it and you have to be prepared for the worst really.

It's annoying, definitely, but not unfair. You knew that there was a chance that one would show up, so you could have been prepared for it.

R-J

DEFENITELY. its so $%@# frustrating when pokemon with no shedinja defense run into em so far into the game! i really think they should be banned from it. its not fair to many pokemon. >=(

Calm PokeMaster

Depends on what you use........its not always fair or always unfair.Just depends on luck.

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
fair but annoying(think if you're streak 119 at battle hall & shedinja appear.you don't have the right attack)

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
In any sort of team, or in this case a single Pokemon, you have to plan for one. Or just not choose to battle Bug or Ghost types. :|

Staryu

I know, I know..
Not really unfair because it does have a lot of weaknesses. Most teams have an attack to take it out without specially adding one.

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
What is wrong with you people!? OF COURSE IT'S UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, why is there such thing as Wonder Guard!? If you can get in contact with Nintendo PLEASE can you give them my message???

A Study On Shedinja

First of all, I would like to thank Nidoprince for posting this thread. This is an excellent topic. I remember voting in this poll (to say that Shedinja is not unfair) when less than 100 people had voted. When I voted, I decided to study Shedinja more closely, to provide support for my vote. So, here are the results of a study I conducted with my brother, ShinySandshrew. (Thanks for your help bro!)

I am using the information on Shedinja found in the Platinum Battle Tower Database:
16 | Shedinja | Adamant | Lax Incense | Shadow Sneak | Fury Cutter | Confuse Ray | Sand-Attack | Atk/Spe
I am assuming that the Pokemon in the Battle Hall are identical to those in the Tower. (If they are not, feel free to PM me.) This data indicates that Shedinja has only physical moves in the Battle Hall. Remember this.

What Defeats Shedinja

Ordinary Moves of Various Types:
Fire
Flying
Rock
Ghost
Dark

Interestingly enough, these types make up 29% of all types.

Special Conditions:
Poison
Burn
Confusion

Since almost any Pokemon can learn the move Toxic (TM 06), and this move can be obtained repeatedly at the Battle Frontier (32 BP), Poisoning Shedinja is highly recommended.

Other Conditions:
Leech Seed
Curse (Ghost)
Nightmare (after causing Sleep)

Weather Moves:
Sandstorm
Hail

Abilities:
Sand Stream
Snow Warning
Mold Breaker
Poison Point
Flame Body
Effect Spore (only if it causes Poison)

Some of these are a bit redundant because all the Pokemon that have Mold Breaker can learn a Rock-type move. Rampardos is a Rock-type, and should have a Rock-type move anyway.

Copying Moves:
Mirror Move
Copycat
Mimic

This category is not recommended. You may be able to copy Shadow Sneak, then K.O. Shedinja, but this could be difficult. Be careful when using Mimic. If you copy Fury Cutter, you can’t defeat it that way! The move Me First is ineffective because it must be used first, yet can never be used before Shadow Sneak.

Other Moves:
Gastro Acid
Worry Seed
Future Sight (and probably Doom Desire)

The moves Gastro Acid and Worry Seed remove Shedinja’s pesky ability. Shedinja is then vulnerable to all types of move types except Normal and Fighting. Apparently Future Sight completely ignores Shedinja’s ability.

Items:
Jaboca or Rowap Berry

Jaboca Berry damages Shedinja when it uses a physical attack on your Pokemon, defeating it instantly! According to the Platinum Battle Tower Database, Shedinja has only physical attack moves. Jaboca Berry can be an extremely easy way to solve your Shedinja problem. Rowap Berry does the same thing for special moves. If you came across a Shedinja that used Shadow Ball, Rowap Berry would defeat it instantly.

If You Have Nothing Else:
Hidden Power (Fire, Flying, Rock, Ghost, or Dark)
Natural Gift (See this page: http://www.serebii.net/games/naturalgift.shtml)

Almost every Pokemon that can learn TM moves can learn Hidden Power and Natural Gift.

There are also some moves that can defeat Shedinja, but do nothing at the Battle Hall. A good example would be Stealth Rock. This move would knock out Shedinja, but it does not work at the Battle Hall where Pokemon fight one-on-one.

I hope I have provided good reason to the majority view that Shedinja should be allowed in the Battle Hall. I don’t mean nobody should vote in the poll anymore, just that people should be informed of how much can defeat Shedinja. By all means, please vote in the poll. But vote responsibly.