• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shedinja

Do you think Shedinjas are unfair in the Battle Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 240 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 449 65.2%

• Total voters

Nidoprince

I was at the Battle Hall not that long ago. I had an Electivire and finished a Ground streak. Then, I met a Shedinja. My Electivire didn't know any moves that are super effective against it, so I had to forfeit (it has the ability "Wonder Guard" so any non-super effective attack is useless). I could only think how hard it was to get that streak and that stupid Shedinja showed up. Do you think that's a little unfair?

Warhawk360

Bad SPPF attendance.
No, it has so many weaknesses and only 1 HP

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe a little. I think that happened to my friend once with his Quagsire. But mainly, I think you have to account for this when you attempt the Battle Hall and maybe try a different pokemon. Luckily for me, I used a Houndoom, so any Shedinjas that dare opposed me would've been instantly fried by its Flamethrower.

Nidoprince

jellsprout

No Fire Punch or Flamethrower?

Nidoprince

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I don't know for sure, but I think you'd be able to take a different Pokémon of the same species into the hall to continue the streak against the Bug and Ghost categories. Just take one in with Fire Punch or Flamethrower to take it out, then revert to your standard Pokémon afterward.

Vernikova

Champion
I think that it's fair. You have to take into accountability that a Pokémon like Shedinja can appear and prepare for it like you would in any other case.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
There are many ways to kill it, but since this is the Battle Hall, you have to be prepared to whatever may come.

League

Master Abra Catcher
I agree with Rebecca R. Oh, and I like the same teams and Joe Girardi. Not big on DP or any racer though. Anyway, You could easily have a Shedinja of your own if wanted, so yes, all's fair.

victreebel007

You just need to prepare for anythng, it's perfectly fair.

pokemaster001

that's part of the challenge of the game, I lost to one too

Nidoprince

Fine, I'm just gonna teach it Fire Punch or use my spare Electivire (that knows Fire Punch). That whole Ground streak was ruined because of Shedinja. But wow, 13 votes for "No".

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
I don't think so, because when I make a Pokemon for the Battle Hall, I always take into account that I'm very likely to face a Shedinja, thus Fire Fang on Garchomp.

Electric

Well couldn't you have just waited until the Shedinja ran out of PP (Power Points) and used struggle?

pokemaster001

Yeah, because all those attacks wouldn't have KO'd Electivire at all...
that's why I'm glad I had future sight and recover on my alakazam, but I don't anymore...

Nidoprince

It KOd my Swampert the time before I had my Electivire. Swampert has high Defense stats (and this one has high Sp. Defense too!), and Shedinja KOd it. Struggle matches won't work.