• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shedinja

Do you think Shedinjas are unfair in the Battle Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 240 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 449 65.2%

• Total voters

philman401

not really, just have like someone that knows how to confuse, posion, burn etc.

And coudln't you switch out? Or was there a rule you can't? O rosmething coz i nver played battle hall.

Nidoprince

You can only have ONE Pokemon. I might just teach Electivire Fire Punch...or use my Fire Punching Electivire.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The idea of Battle Hall is to fight with your favorite pokemon, no matter how weak or common, and overcome all odds.

As such, expect challenges.

Seriously though, it's Battle Frontier. The higher you progess, the more the CPU cheats.

Really!

49th battle of Battle Tower. Other trainer is down to one pokemon and I have two.

Other trainer sent out Ninjask!
*Metagross at this point is severely weakened due to a lucky hit from Close Combat after a missed Earthquake*
Metagross used Explosion!
Metagross missed!
Metagross fainted!
Go, Blissey!
Blissey used Seismic Toss!
Ninjask used Double Team!
Blissey missed!
Ninjask used Air Cutter!

That battle went on until Blissey ran out of all PP and was left with Aromatherapy.

Yeah.
*twitch*

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Using my lv. 100 Empoleon, I encountered a Shedinja. With no Super Effective moves, I decided to just fight until I ran out of PP. I was kept alive by my Leftovers, and Empoleon's Struggle knocked out that Shedinja.

A few battles later, I encountered a higher-leveled Shedinja. Being stronger, I couldn't just wait it out to Struggle again, so I ended up losing my streak.

It sucked that I lost to a Shedinja, but I knew that it would eventually show up in the Bug or Ghost categories. I simply wasn't prepared to battle one with that Empoleon.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I dont think Shedinja is unfair. Its just one of those pokemon you got to be aware of and be prepared to fight when it comes up. Now if alot of Pokemon had wondergaurd then it would be a different story but since Shedinja is the only one then you just have to make sure you have a move that can take it out if it shows up.

Profesco

gone gently
I like to imagine that garnering a streak in the Battle Hall can be accomplished by teaching your Pokemon different moves for different opponents. For example, give your Electivire Ice Punch and run through the Ground category, then move tutor it Fire Punch instead and do the Bug category. ^_^;

That's not cheating, right? ;P

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
No, it isn't.

Also, Empoleon learns Drill Peck. Use it.

TheMagician

Illusion & Deception
Encountering a Shedinja when you can't even damage it because you don't have a move that's super-effective... Man, that's tough. I've faced a lot of them too, but I always had something to use against them. Most of my Pokemon have Fire, Dark, and Ghost-type moves, so it wasn't much of a problem. Its just one Pokemon you really have to be prepared for.

Last edited:

Nidoprince

Some people are getting off track. Shedinjas aren't a cheat, they just are unfair in the Battle Hall if you don't have a Pokemon that knows Flying/Fire/Dark/Ghost type moves. Plain and simple.

Filana

I think shedinja in battle hall is just fair.

I've only encountered 1 shedinja in my streak of 50, and 3 of my moves are super effective.

Just think about it before you start.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Easily a no. Just make sure you use a Pokemon that either knows Sandstorm or Hail...and there you go...
also, cmost Pokemon know at least 1 fire move...c'mon. Even Electivoire can learn Fire Punch.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
not really, just have like someone that knows how to confuse, posion, burn etc.

And coudln't you switch out? Or was there a rule you can't? O rosmething coz i nver played battle hall.
In batte hall you use 1 pokemon to battle with or 2 with double battles against 17 types.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Shedinja isn't unfair, it just proves a challenge. It's weak to some pretty common moves, weather conditions, and status conditions, so if you don't have one of those moves on your Pokemon, it's your fault. Almost every Pokemon can learn Toxic or a weather condition, and most Pokemon can learn a Flying, Fire, Dark, or Ghost type move, (Aerial Ace, anyone?) So unless your playing the Battle Hall with a Magikarp or an Unown, you should be able to defeat a Shedinja.

Cappuccino

Metagross used Explosion!
Metagross missed!
Metagross fainted!
Go, Blissey!
Blissey missed!
Ninjask used Air Cutter!

Yeah, pretty much every other trainer in the Battle Frontier loves to spam Double Team and/or carries Brightpowder etc. that's why it's always wise to have at least 1 move that never misses, e.g. Aura Sphere, Aerial Ace (which can actually hit Shedinja too).

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Shedinja is not compared a cheat
A Bug/Ghost is weak to Fire, Flying, Rock, Ghost, and Dark
while Shedinja has low stats it's only strong againist Grass, Poison, Ground, and Bug.

It has more weaknesses than strengths so really you have the advantage.

But in The Battle Hall, You should have a move that could kill a ghost or bug.

Nidoprince

How was I supposed to know there was going to be a Shedinja? If I knew, heck, I would've brought in my old Electivire. That one knows Fire Punch.

Shedinja isn't the only threat!

No, it is not unfair for the trainers at the Battle Hall to use Shedinja, mostly because the player also can use Shedinja. That said, I'm almost always prepared for it with super effective moves. I want to point out that any Pokemon with Sandstorm or Hail (even better: Sand Stream or Snow Warning) can take Shedinja out easily.

But has anyone considered the danger of Wobbuffet? Wobbuffet is considered Uber, after all! Fighting one of those is gambling with your win streak! It's fair for them to use it, but stressful.

How about Ditto? Ditto has actually beaten some of my Pokemon at the Battle Hall. They almost always hold Quick Powder, so they almost always Transform before you move and copy your stats!! If your moves aren't effective against yourself, you will be in trouble!

So be careful! Those three are fair for the CPU, but they all present a significant challenge.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No, I don't think it's that unfair because it does have so many different weaknesses. It's pretty easy to deal with, I've never had a problem with it.