• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shedinja

Do you think Shedinjas are unfair in the Battle Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 240 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 449 65.2%

• Total voters

PKMNTrnrJag

Pokémon Trainer
I own 2 Shedinja and I hate them 1 of them XD
One I followed Serebii tips and I didn't like it, so i remade a new one and made my own move set, and it amazing

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Well, it depends. It doesn't stand much chnace against anything that can kill it, but it means I'd have to change the Electivire set I was planning.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
It's just something that you have to be ready for. Check any advice for the Battle Hall and the first thing it will say is make sure you have something that takes Shedinja down.

LiteBlue-

Master of the Ground
Thats why you need an well-balanced all-round team that has a diverse arsenal of different type moves...or you coulda had some Stealth Rock up before shedinja came into play...and you can poison or burn it to inflict that 1 hp of dmg sure to send him to his grave.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Thats why you need an well-balanced all-round team that has a diverse arsenal of different type moves...or you coulda had some Stealth Rock up before shedinja came into play...and you can poison or burn it to inflict that 1 hp of dmg sure to send him to his grave.

There's no point in having SR seeing as though there is only one pokemon in the Hall.

LiteBlue-

Master of the Ground
There's no point in having SR seeing as though there is only one pokemon in the Hall.

Wait, the Battle Hall (that the battle tower?) has only 1 pokemon in it? :0

popcorn dragon

I beat the frontier brain at the battle hall. She is so easy. My Torterra crushed her Regirock.I remember Shedinja breaking my winning streak many times at the Battle Tower. I understand how frustrated you feel.

diddykong

Uber Gamer
In principle, yes. From experience, no. My Pokemon always pack something in case of the odd Shedinja. No, the one I hate the most is Sharpedo. It holds on with its Focus Sash and OHKOs me with Waterfall. AARGH it gets me every time! But I can't be bothered changing my team.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Well in Battle hall you chose the type to battle, so since you got Shedninja you picked either ghost or bug right? Usually when I pick a type, I pick the ones that I have a super effective move for.

Havak

The Best
It's really not unfair, you just have to be a little more strategic. You'll have to more or less 'expect' Shedinja to show up in either the Bug-, or Ghost-type rankings, why not change one of your moves for both of those sets of 10? It won't effect your streak and you could say, add a Fire-type move to better combat the Bug-type section.

I did something similar in my 182 run with Garchomp. There is an Infernape in the Fire-, and Fighting-type challenges, it has Fake Out. I was using a Focus Sash Garchomp, but during the Fire-, and Fighting-type challenges, Fire Fang would be useless and Infernape can just break my Focus Sash then possibly OHKO me with Close Combat. So I simply switched the useless Fire Fang for Protect so I could Protect first to prevent Fake Out, then safely KO Infernape with Earthquake with no fear of being OHKOed in return. Low and behold, Infernape was the Rank 10 on both Fire, and Fighting, so it was a great decision to edit my moves.

Use this to your advantage.

torchic678

3x4star trainer
To me a trick would have to be keep attcking it it will eventually lose pp and use struggle and faint itself simple.

Final

I Submit to No One
Losing to Hax or Hax Items when you're about to win in the Battle Hall is worse than losing to a Shedinja when all you really need is something that outspeeds it and carries a Super Effective move that has 100% accuracy or doesn't miss.

alakazam_1

Alakazam used WIN
Is Shedinja Uber? No. Just as with other pokémon, you have to prepare for them and you can expect problems if you don't. No one would complain if their Starmie was beaten by a Thunderbolt Blissey in Normal - just don't use a pokémon like your Electivire in Bug or Ghost. Btw, I wouldn't recommend switching for Fire Punch - if it's a physical Electivire, Electric/Ice/Ground/Fighting does provide the best coverage. Just use a different pokémon for Bug/Ghost - I plan on using my LO Infernape with Specs or using my ScarfMence, both of which have a Fire move which fits well in their movesets.

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
no not at all its pro (having wonder gaurd and being super fast) is balanced out by its cons (having 1hp and not that strong of a pokemon)