• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shell Shock! (091)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how the old man was trying to scare every one away.

He almost killed people tho, like when he pushed that huge boulder. His only redeeming quality was that he told everyone how to escape the island by building rafts. ^^;

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I really love the reporter in this episode. She's got so much personality

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was a great episode because even though it was filler, it was more intense than most episodes. The Kabuto resurrection that happened when the moon turned red was great to watch, especially when they accidentally popped the Rocket-dan's balloon. The sinking island imagery itself was really compelling.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This was an interesting episode because it raises so many questions that are unanswered, like why were the Kabuto all together on that island anyway, and why were they in hibernation? :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
Kabuto fossils were supposed to be rare, so how is it that this island was made of them? I loved the creepy red moon though, which was a lunar eclipse I think.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kabuto fossils were supposed to be rare, so how is it that this island was made of them? I loved the creepy red moon though, which was a lunar eclipse I think.

I don't recall if the anime ever mentioned that Kabuto fossils were rare. While I'm sure that they're somewhat hard to find, the fact that the island in this episode was built atop a mound of them makes me think that Kabuto fossils are at least more common in the Orange Archipelago than on Kanto's mainland.

Daizy

I call you honey
I laughed when the island's native madman was revealed and how he almost killed the research crews just to warn them about the upcoming red moon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I laughed when the island's native madman was revealed and how he almost killed the research crews just to warn them about the upcoming red moon.

In his defense, he wasn't trying to cause them any harm, although he did go a bit overboard when he knocked over the huge boulder.

The island collapsing was exciting and so was the red moon scene. I've always like Kabuto but we didn't get to find out why they were resurrecting themselves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ᎠᎬȺᎢḤ said:
I've always like Kabuto but we didn't get to find out why they were resurrecting themselves.

The island being used as a digging site might've awakened them, either that or the red moon was what caused the mass horde of Kabuto to revive.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The episode was creepy, especially the red moon and its connection to the Kabuto resurrection. The old man overdid the warning a bit, though.
8/10

The discovery of Kabuto fossils on the island was fascinating since fossil Pokemon were so rare back in the original series episodes. I thought that the excavation team was super dense however because they should've known that disturbing the delicate habitat would bring consequences. I thought that the red moon scene was great because it had a sense of real urgency since the island began sinking.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
. I thought that the excavation team was super dense however because they should've known that disturbing the delicate habitat would bring consequences.

They didn't know that the fossils would revive when disturbed, however. They were just doing their jobs and would have successfully excavated the island had the Kabuto not suddenly came back to life.

I thought that this episode was amazing because it dealt with fossil Pokemon again but unlike the last time that we saw fossils, this time Kabuto was the only one featured and the Kabuto here were technically dead until the eclipse happened. I thought it was funny how the island native guy almost killed the researchers on the island in his quest to get everyone to leave the Kabuto alone and my favorite scene was when the Kabuto was tickling James. 9/10

H8 FEEDS THE KABUTO
I love Kabuto so much, it's one of my favorite fossil Pokémon. This is what happens when you worship Lord Helix. Dome fossil and democracy for life because I love Kabuto. I just wish we got to spend more time with it.
KABUTO CULT
67262.jpg

The title seems kind of inappropriate since shell shock was a termed coined in WW1 to associate with PTSD from exploding shells...

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Sorry but this episode is against Lord Helix"

Episode: 2/10