• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shield With A Twist! (570)

!Munchlax!

Master Coordinator
Can anyone translate what Jun was saying about Chimchar?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Chimchar got good all of a sudden. That little guy doesn't need an evolution. But feel free to take Grotle all the way!

I'm gonna take this as sarcasm, I've explained time and again why it's fruitless to give Ash torterra, and given the whole Empoleon/Torterra thing between Jun and Paul, I do believe Chimchar will evolve, hopefully before the years end to Monferno.

In any case this was a fine example of how gym battles should be, too bad Pikachu got nuked though, perhaps it needs some training as well.

Also with Chimchar's victory in this gym i hope this shuts up predictions for future gym battle line ups, just because pokemon might have type advantage and move adavantage in these battles doesn't mean that they will be used and get glory.

!Munchlax!

Master Coordinator
I could see Chimchar evolving before then, maybe when ash gets to the next gym battle.

It would be awesome if Chimchar evolved during the Gym battle. Think about it, bastiodon its about to make the final blow and BAMM! Chimy begins to glow, that would be an unforgettable battle...

And to stick to the topic, I'm glad Jun is sticking around, maybe he can learn to Idolize Ash's training method rather than Pauls...

HoennMaster

Again I ask, can Japanese people even understand her random English phrases? I wonder how she will be dub. I think Jessie looked a tad strange with her hair waving like that. It also sucks that Jun will eventually leave the group. I would love to see him join the cast.

Read previous posts before you reply
This Contest wasn't in Hearthome but in another anime only town (Kawarake or something like that)

How about you not run your mouth off. I wrote that as I watched the episode, which if you look at the time between our posts is roughly around the same amount of time as watching an episode.

Buizel's an awesome Pokemon. Don't know why anyone would hate it considering it's actually useful.

As is Piplup, but it's like preaching to the choir.

Both Ash and Jun are going to challenge the gym. Jun mentioned that if Ash wins, he'd become his rival.

That has to be wrong, Jun already has the Mine Badge.

Strongest Pokemon =/= Signature Pokemon

Games =/= Anime

This can be further supported by Misty's Starmie. It is her star in the games, but in the anime she almost always used Staryu instead, and eventually let her sisters use it.

^ASH^

Beginning Trainer
How about you not run your mouth off. I wrote that as I watched the episode, which if you look at the time between our posts is roughly around the same amount of time as watching an episode.

You act like I said something rude or something like that -_-
I just said it because a lot of people don't read replys and repeat things that were already explained...

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Oh i see i see the Steelix was Byrons
Well i don't know if i am right but i thought that Jun was talking about the Iron Island there & the Steelix was the boss type pokemon of that place (like how it is in the manga). This i think is also because Dawn was pointing towards an island above Canalave City which mostly looked like Iron Island & in the flashback which Jun had of that Steelix it looked like they where in a cave or something (unless Canalave Gym has a cave style gym or else Jun fought Byron in a cave).

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Well i don't know if i am right but i thought that Jun was talking about the Iron Island there & the Steelix was the boss type pokemon of that place (like how it is in the manga). This i think is also because Dawn was pointing towards an island above Canalave City which mostly looked like Iron Island & in the flashback which Jun had of that Steelix it looked like they where in a cave or something (unless Canalave Gym has a cave style gym or else Jun fought Byron in a cave).
That is precisely it. The Steelix was not Byron's.

Anyways, this episode could probably fulfill the definition of "surprises".

Jessie winning a ribbon, shocking. I guess I would be really wrong on this now, since apparently there can still exist contests in anime city places only. Incidentally, I still don't believe that Dawn will be entering the next contest (and future contests) in an anime only city. But since Jessie has two ribbons now...that doesn't really throw her out of the chance at entering the Grand Festival now.

I also found it sad that they just threw in 3 scenes of the contest. That would mean that they could just do the same thing in a random episode and that would probably be how Jessie will win her ribbons for the Grand Festival.

Gym battle was good. Breakdancing Buizel was funny. Chimchars also got 2 wins so that's cool. And Fantina...well she was really unique especially with the numerous english words she keeps saying.

Jun is staying around for the next episode so that's cool.

The next episode looks rather interesting so I can't wait for it.

Favorite parts of the episode:
-Melissa saying "SATOSHI-KUN." Seriously, I can't get enough of hearing it for some reason.
-Buizel getting uppercut'd, then pwn'd by Drifblim. Classic. : D
-Musashi won her second ribbon! : D Yaay. No cheating.

Least Favorite Parts:
-Buizel beat Gengar. Pah.
-That damn Penguin was out of it's Pokeball. AGAIN. |:

Aaaand, that's about it. xD

dman_dustin

Just out of curiousity, why would Jun bring up a random Steelix on a random place (Iron Island)?

And why would Ash really care? If anything, wouldn't Ash want to know where the next Gym would be? And since Jun beat Byron wouldn't make more sense that's what Jun was talking about? Which is why they showed Steelix to represent Byron.

HoennMaster

Japanese schoolchildren are taught english in school, much like we're taught Spanish or French in school.

I was never taught foriegn langugaes until High School, and those were your choices to take.

You act like I said something rude or something like that -_-
I just said it because a lot of people don't read replys and repeat things that were already explained...

I apoligize for the hard tone then, but it came off as rude to me. However, you were the only one who said it, so It wasn't hard to miss.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Just out of curiousity, why would Jun bring up a random Steelix on a random place (Iron Island)?

And why would Ash really care? If anything, wouldn't Ash want to know where the next Gym would be? And since Jun beat Byron wouldn't make more sense that's what Jun was talking about? Which is why they showed Steelix to represent Byron.
No. If you actually make out what they said, you could clearly hear that Dawn said that it was north of Canalave City (which was what she pointed out on the map). Thus then, that Steelix can't represent Byron in any way, which means it could only represent the Steelix that live on Iron Island. Why Jun pointed that out, I have no clue. I'll probably have to watch that scene again.

gpt11

well steelix havent been shown to be friendly in the wild onix either mabe jun was saying that its run by a steelix or summat