• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shield With A Twist! (570)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hearthome Gym! VS Fantina!

Its a time of Contests & Gym Battles in Hearthome City. While Ash finally challenges Fantina to a Gym battle, Jessie partakes in another of Hearthome City's contests. Ash is facing one of the toughest battles yet against Fantina's Ghost Pokémon. Will he manage to beat Fantina and get the Relic Badge?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Man, Buizel's spinning Water Gun was awesome! I love Buizel. :) Loved the little four-way split screen with Night Shade vs Water Pulse, though. Nice touch.
Fantina's reaction when Gengar was knocked out was priceless.

Gotta love Fantina's random Engrish! WEAK POINT! XD

Wow, Jessie's appeal was...wow. SHE IS HAWT! XD Even the girls want her.

Hah, Chimchar's been taking lessons from Kirby's Wheel form.

Aaaand Pikachu gets pwnt. By the same tactic as before. -__-

Lol, so does Buizel.

That was a nice tactic, using Will-o-Wisp to power up Chimmy's Flamethrower. And he didn't even get hit once. :D Apparently, blue and red make some unknown color.

My humor fails. :(

Hmm...no influx of Movie 10 music like I thought.

Iwane needs to have my children. NOW!

EDIT: Never mind, Chimmy got hit once by Mismagius' Psywave. :p

Last edited:

AcethePuma

FireFist
jessie won a contest agan yeah grtz *g*

well nice episode :) like mentioend fantinas face after gengar and mismagius are out lol

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
finally, 2 decent episodes in a row.
the animation was better in the Jun one though i thought. i like it to be more thrashy.

where did the breaking Buizel come from?!

and what the hell was that attack that Drifblim kept using?! I thought it was will-o-wisp, but then it turned into Aqua Ring (yeah i know it wasn't actually Aqua Ring), and then came the yellow X which I assumed was Block but now I'm not sure...

great battle though!!

next episode looks crap though. sigh.

dman_dustin

and what the hell was that attack that Drifblim kept using?! I thought it was will-o-wisp, but then it turned into Aqua Ring (yeah i know it wasn't actually Aqua Ring), and then came the yellow X which I assumed was Block but now I'm not sure...

It was Willl-o-wisp only "different" I believe Drifblim used its psychic powers to make it look like "Aqua Ring." And the yellow X was Drifblim's Hypnosis.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Not seen it yet but it sounds great and I'm glad for Ash and Jessie. However, the next episode looks really great, Meowth wants to join Ash and co.?

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I agree, it probably is a trap, but if it's not, best plot twist in the history of the Pokemon Anime, eh?

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Buizel's Spinning water gun was just amazing and Fantina's Face when gengar lost and WOW Chimchar is soooooo powerful

trixie08

Speak No Evil
Glad that Chimchar helped Ash win against Fantina for a change. It's nice to see it being used in such a tough battle.

So I guess Dawn decided not to enter the contest there.

Dax

Legend
I'm happy Chimchar finally showed how powerful he really is.

The gym battles wasn't as great as the Veilstone one for me. I thought Buizel vs. Gengar and Pikachu vs. Drifblim were a tad boring. The second battle of Buizel and the last one were great.

Thriller

Its almost time
- Drifblim owned Bouy & Pikachu with that X attack. Serves ya right Ash for always using un-evevolved Pokemon in important gym battles.

- So looks like Jun already battled the Canalave gym leader and lost (who's name I am not repeating because not only is it a dumb name in general, I've had it with NoA and their Gym leader naming habits. I mean, Melissa was a PERFECT name for the Hearthome Gym leader!), I'd like to know why he's gonna still hang with the gang. Does he have a crush on Hikari?

- I'm glad we didn't see much of Jessie in the contest. I wish she'd drop that stupid "Mushasina" act. Why doesn't she try a new costume? One that doesn't involve dumb paper glasses.

- I miss Together and Hikari's ending theme. They were too underrated.

- I usually skip Oak's lecture but I managed to catch the Lapras freezing him in a rather ticked off manner. Never thought I'd see a Lapras upset like that.

dman_dustin

-

- So looks like Jun already battled the Canalave gym leader and lost (who's name I am not repeating because not only is it a dumb name in general, I've had it with NoA and their Gym leader naming habits. I mean, Melissa was a PERFECT name for the Hearthome Gym leader!), I'd like to know why he's gonna still hang with the gang. Does he have a crush on Hikari?

I honestly don't think NOA looked at it like that (Just to name it, just because), they looked at Melissa, notcing how it was an "English" name, so they went with a foreign name to match (Because Melissa is foreign to Japanese(?), why would NOA leave it? Especially given Melissa's foreign personality in-game). Plus knowing how everyone important (Gym Leaders, Elite 4) usually have a name representing the Pokemon type they use, it's no wonder they changed it.

^ASH^

Beginning Trainer
So I guess Dawn decided not to enter the contest there.

This was NOT Hearthome Contest but another town (Kawarake or something like that, I think anime only town)
Makes sense since Dawn didn't participate or say anything about it
This is also why it wasn't double performance - it wasn't Hearthome (and the ribbon Jessie got doesn't look like the Hearthome ribbon at all)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well what i would like to know from this episode is what was Jun shouting about during Ash's gym battle. Can someone translate what he was saying.

As for the episode it was great one & i liked it very much. As Jessie contest win came as a complete suprise to me. I don't think anyone ever anticipated anything like that would happen. But i am happy that Jessie would for the first time has the possibility in entering the Grand Festival officially. Now to make thing more interesting for Jessie in the GF would be if the writers increase the amount of pokemon for Jessie & James rom 3 each to 4 each (meaning Jessie should capture another pokemon where as James should get more two). This would really help her in the GF & i am saying this is because we all know that Jessie & James would not get a team of 6 pokemon each & because of that she would have to use James pokemon in the GF. So something like this would really be great.

HoennMaster

Ok this has to be one of the best episode yet. I like how Fantina speaks in english sometimes (to the Japanese even understand that?). Although Jessie still used herself for an appeal, she did it witout launching herself into space so that is good. And she won the ribbon. Grand Festival is likely now. Two contests in Hearthome? Maybe this will be the location of the Grand Festival?

Can someone translate Jun's lines, he just seems to say random things here and there (but that's just me)...also what was Fantina saying about Mismagius.

Buizel vs. Gengar. An ok battle, it just seemed to short and "Oh I hit you, so thake that" over and over again, nothing impresive outside of using its tails to create water that hit Gengar over and over again.

Chimchar vs. Mismagius. Geesh, Chimchar's Japanese voice can get so annoying. Better battle, but Mismagius could have moved around and attacked more.

Pikachu vs. Drifblim. Aww, all those rings were was Will-O-Wisp? Dang. Good battle, love how Drifblim wins so easily. I knew I loved that pokemon.

Buizel vs. Drifblim. Yes, Buizel goes down. Love how Drifblim sneaks up like that.

Chimchar vs. Drifblim. Awesome Will-O-Wisp backlash. Yay, Drifblim bouncy! I smell new toys! The battle should have been longer though. It just kicked Pikachu's and Buizel's asses so it should have put up allittle bit more of a fight.

Why would the Relic Badge make a clicking sound when he picks it up? Yay for Steelix! (ugh)

What a funky map of the Sinnoh Region, Lake Verity is bigger then is appeared in DP001, Lake Valor was more northward then is should have been. She pointed to Iron Island, wht diud she say about it?

So looks like Jun already battled the Canalave gym leader and lost

No, as shown last week, he has defeated Byron.