• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

ForeverFlame

Honestly at times they don't even feel like their in the same series.

It's interesting, because MegaTen games are always like that. There's two games that are almost identical, and then something completely different. For example, Megami Tensei I and II, and then Shin Megami Tensei I and II happened, and then III and IV moved to polygons and third person exploration.

Then there's Devil Summoner. The original and Soul Hackers, and then the Raidou duo happened on PS2. And Personas 1 and 2 were similar, and 3 and 4 were something different.

It's why I'm so excited for Devil Survivor 3. 1 and 2 were really similar so I imagine the third game will be as drastic a change as Persona 2 --> Persona 3.

TheGreaterLucario

It's interesting, because MegaTen games are always like that. There's two games that are almost identical, and then something completely different. For example, Megami Tensei I and II, and then Shin Megami Tensei I and II happened, and then III and IV moved to polygons and third person exploration.

Then there's Devil Summoner. The original and Soul Hackers, and then the Raidou duo happened on PS2. And Personas 1 and 2 were similar, and 3 and 4 were something different.

It's why I'm so excited for Devil Survivor 3. 1 and 2 were really similar so I imagine the third game will be as drastic a change as Persona 2 --> Persona 3.

While we're on the subject of changes to Devil Survivor, I think it'd be interesting if it adopted a combat style like that of the Final Fantasy Tactics series.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Anyone seen the trailers for Persona 5 Persona Q and Persona 4 the Arena 2.
The really interesting thing about the Persona Q trailer is the fact that the main charecter from Persona 3 is back and so is Shinj.
Also there will be a Persona 4 dancing game.
GET.****ING.HYPE.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Ya late.

Really...not looking forward to the dancing game. Besides, don't have a vita.

Yeah I know.
I'm more intersted in Persona Q than Persona 5 at this point.

-Raiga-

Anyone play the Digital Devil Saga games? I picked up both, and am up to final boss in the first one.

It's a pretty solidly constructed game all the way through, and quite possibly the only game I've ever played where the games production value seems to increase as the game goes along.(as opposed to many RPG's that throw all of their cinematic money at a 5 minute intro with 500 ft robots destroying the earth or what have you)

My ONLY gripe is literally a single move, "Gate of Hell". It can actually turn every member of your party to stone, and in a game where enemies get pre-emptive strikes like 50% of the time...yeah. I've had three game overs before I could even press a button already lol

diakyu

I would do unspeakable things to get both the DDS games on handhelds

-Raiga-

I would do unspeakable things to get both the DDS games on handhelds

They would be nice handheld games wouldn't they? The save points are so strategically placed it would be easy to play for short intervals of time(well, short among rpg players).

On a side-note, I just completed the first one, and maybe I got a bad ending...but that ending was terrible lol. It answered absolutely nothing. If I didn't have the second game handy I would be pretty darn irate.

greenbaboon

Hi smt fans im new on serbii forums . I'll just start of by joing the most recent topic. I haven't played any of the dds games but currently I'm slowly get through nocturne and after that i want to try the devil summoner?( raidou) games. Also what is dds like? I heard that you dont collect demons like most other smt games

diakyu

Also what is dds like? I heard that you dont collect demons like most other smt games
Instead of collecting demons your characters become demons during combat and you gain new abilities through a system known as the Mantra. You can select from many different Mantras and they change what abilities you and your party members obtain. There's some other touches to the regular SMT gameplay that make the gameplay much better imo so it's worth playing if you liked Nocturne.

TheGreaterLucario

Y'know, something I'd love to see would be for ATLUS to release Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on the Nintendo E-Shop for the 3DS. I mean, the 3DS could surely handle running it, right?

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Y'know, something I'd love to see would be for ATLUS to release Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on the Nintendo E-Shop for the 3DS. I mean, the 3DS could surely handle running it, right?

I think it can.

TheGreaterLucario

TheGreaterLucario

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
So does anyone want any specific members of Persona 3 and 4 on their team in Persona Q?

I also heard you don't have to have the protags on your team in this one.

TheGreaterLucario

Hey, can anyone tell me which ending path in SMT: Nocturne gives me which demons?