• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
So here's something I've been thinking about for awhile when Persona 5 comes out do you guys think I will get it's own anime and or other forms of media like Persona 3 and 4?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima

Shadow XD001

Picked up my first SMT game last month, SMTIV. It's better than I thought it would be. Granted, I'm kinda lost in Tokyo. :<

Last edited:

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
So I'm currently replaying Persona 3 Portable.

I forgot how much I love this game.

ForeverFlame

It's a perfect simulation of a person getting lost in real-life Tokyo, I'd say.

One of the reasons why I love SMT IV so much. It doesn't claim to have a chaotic world -- it actually has one. It's ridiculous how believable its world is, even with PS2 era graphics. The rubble, the cars on fire, the scattered CD players and skateboards and sex toys (true story) that you can sell for money... it's all so believable.

Keysmash

buys meat
So I'm currently replaying Persona 3 Portable.

I forgot how much I love this game.

One of the only two SMT games I've played (the other being DSO) and my favourite. :p The first time around the game told me that playing as a boy was more true to the original P3, so I played as the boy. But, after clearing the game for the first time, I lost all motivation to start a NG+ as the female protagonist ('I have to play the entire game again?'), and I lost it not long afterwards. Oh, how I miss it. D: My friend's sneaking to the bank tomorrow (it's complicated) to deposit money. The two of us are cashing in for a PSVita TV and P4G. Hopefully it'll be worth it. I'm a sucker for the more light-hearted entries in SMT.

As a side note, is anyone planning on getting any of the pre-Persona 5 spinoffs? (Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, P4: Dancing All Night, and P4A Ultimax)

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Yeah I plan to get Ultimax and Persona Q it's probably going to be a while before I get 3DS though.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
As a side note, is anyone planning on getting any of the pre-Persona 5 spinoffs? (Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, P4: Dancing All Night, and P4A Ultimax)

I plan on getting Persona: Q

Seems like it'll be a great amount of fun, plus it's for the 3DS. What could be better?

Keysmash

buys meat
I plan on getting Persona: Q

Seems like it'll be a great amount of fun, plus it's for the 3DS. What could be better?

A lot of negative response from people who didn't like the chibi style it had, or the Etrian Odyssey engine and first-person dungeon-crawling. I'm not that keen on it myself... it seems like just milking P3 and P4, along with the two other Persona games coming out. Still, I'll probably get it :p

Vriska Serket

Clemont FTW
One of the only two SMT games I've played (the other being DSO) and my favourite. :p The first time around the game told me that playing as a boy was more true to the original P3, so I played as the boy. But, after clearing the game for the first time, I lost all motivation to start a NG+ as the female protagonist ('I have to play the entire game again?'), and I lost it not long afterwards. Oh, how I miss it. D: My friend's sneaking to the bank tomorrow (it's complicated) to deposit money. The two of us are cashing in for a PSVita TV and P4G. Hopefully it'll be worth it. I'm a sucker for the more light-hearted entries in SMT.

Definitely getting Persona Q. =O Can't wait to see what the stories of the 2 new characters. :3 Big fan of the series from what I've played, my favorite being Devil Survivor 2 and Persona 3. Replaying Persona 3 on hard currently. :3

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
So anyone hear about the recent Ultimax news?

Now Rise is playable and Ken with Koromaru are characters Ultimax is going to be so freaking awesome.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Rise's been revealed for about a month now so that really isn't news. She does look interesting, however and I intend to try her. Ken and Koromaru? Meh. I may try them, unless they have a scooby and shaggy color; then I'll definitely try them. Also funny how so many people are suddenly in love with Ken now.

I'm also getting Persona Q.

Admiral- No. We've still got Persona 4 Racing, Persona 4 x Yugioh, Persona 4 the Abridged Game, Persona 4 Vs. The World, That detective game starring Naoto, Persona 4 starring Brock Lesnar, and Persona 4 Cooking Battle

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Rise's been revealed for about a month now so that really isn't news. She does look interesting, however and I intend to try her. Ken and Koromaru? Meh. I may try them, unless they have a scooby and shaggy color; then I'll definitely try them. Also funny how so many people are suddenly in love with Ken now.

I'm also getting Persona Q.

Admiral- No. We've still got Persona 4 Racing, Persona 4 x Yugioh, Persona 4 the Abridged Game, Persona 4 Vs. The World, That detective game starring Naoto, Persona 4 starring Brock Lesnar, and Persona 4 Cooking Battle

Now I kinda of want a Persona x Yugioh crossover.