• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

ForeverFlame

I tried playing Revelations: The Demon Slayer before. Wouldn't really recommend, but I would love it if ATLUS made a new and improved Last Bible game with the SMT4 engine.

TheGreaterLucario

Hey, TheGreaterLucario here. And WOW. A retro used-game store (within walking distance from my house!) has 2 copies of SMT: Persona 2- Eternal Punishment (PSX) in stock! I should be able to get it either tomorrow or Tuesday.

To quote Luigi: "Lucky me!"

diakyu

So uh, is there a chance of there being a Devil Survivor 2 Over-clocked? I kind of sold my copy so I could buy P4G and I really want to replay DS2. I'm aware of the new anime for it and I'm kind of hoping there will be a Over-clocked version.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So uh, is there a chance of there being a Devil Survivor 2 Over-clocked? I kind of sold my copy so I could buy P4G and I really want to replay DS2. I'm aware of the new anime for it and I'm kind of hoping there will be a Over-clocked version.

There are only rumors about such a thing existing. Atlus is hinting at another DeSu 2 project for now.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I am definitely looking foward to Soul Hackers, as it will help quench my appetite for Persona 5... Whenever that game will be released. Thank goodness I know some tidbits on the game.

ForeverFlame

ATLUS announced in an investor report that there would be a new DeSu 2 game this year. Whether it's a port, remake, sequel, or spin-off is unclear, but I'd say Overclocked 2 is extremely likely at this point.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.

ForeverFlame

You know, I hope Persona 5 goes back to being like Persona 1 and Persona 2.

The thing about MegaTen spinoffs is that they start off similar to the main Shin Megami Tensei games, but with each iteration they become more distant from the core series. So I imagine Persona 5 will be even more of a weeaboo magnet than Persona 4.

But I don't really mind experimentation because MegaTen's core series has stayed pretty much the same since the 90s. If only Square Enix did what ATLUS did and released their MMOs and experimental games as spin-offs instead of numbered titles (poor Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest).

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy

ForeverFlame

[img139]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4946/smt1thumb.jpg[/img139]

Absolutely stunning. Best box art the DS family has had by far. I like how the box art is a perfect representation of what Shin Megami Tensei is.

ForeverFlame

Hey, I kind of like Walter's haircut. I don't like how he's Chaos-aligned though, and I don't like how they made Chaos look evil and Law look good. I was hoping they'd make Walter Law to show that Law can be full of douchebags too. And I was hoping that the girl would be the Chaos Hero since the last Law Hero was female.

Anyway, this is coming out in May, so chances are we're going to be getting this in North America in 2013. I think it's safe to say that Europe will have to wait until 2014 though. I'm also interested in the Devil Survivor 2 game that's coming. Overclocked 1 was released in North America before it was released in Japan, so it's possible that we could have another simultaneous release on our hands (DeSu 2 is already translated so all ATLUS really needs to do is record voices and translate the new content). We could potentially have three Shin Megami Tensei games released for the 3DS in North America in 2013.

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
I'm not all that familiar with the SMT series of games myself. I own both devil survivor (or summoner it may be, not really sure what the difference is there...) 1 and 2, though I stopped playing 2 after the first day as I hadn't finished 1. I'm stuck on Jezebel. That [insert profanity here] is [insert more profanity here] hard! I read an online guide that says "Use fire repel on your main hero" but what good does that do if you don't have fire repel? I could use a little help with the fight, but other than that the two games are great.

ForeverFlame

Devil Survivor 2: Break Code apparently leaked on Japanese forums. It's the 3DS upgraded version of DeSu2 that we all knew was coming.

diakyu

Devil Survivor 2: Break Code apparently leaked on Japanese forums. It's the 3DS upgraded version of DeSu2 that we all knew was coming.
Well there's my answer. I guess I'll hold of and buy this version.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
2 hasn't even been released here yet, and overclocked is next month. Hopefully it makes it here by mid 2014, cause it seems interesting enough. I also have to say I love the visible equipment of SMTIV, looks like it could a fun thing to do, considering how it also alters stats.