• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

ForeverFlame

I hope they don't publish 2 in Europe. It would be such a waste to release a non-region locked game with a region locked remake on the way.

Zazie

So 1991

ForeverFlame

I'm guessing the additional scenario takes place after the true ending, because there was a potential sequel hook at the end of the true ending.
So basically time resets and none of the characters remember what happened in the past timeline. It'll basically be a "When They Cry" type of scenario. That explains the name - Break Record, which refers to breaking the Akashic Record. There wasn't a train accident on Sunday so the invasion will probably be different from the first time around, which explains the brand new week. In general the new scenario should be similar though.

Chris

Old Coot
Just recently bought Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Persona 3 Portable on PSN since they were on sale. Never did get to finish IS or P3P, so I figured this was the best way to do so. Also never had a chance to play EP, so I'm glad it was put on PSN (though I honestly wish Atlus had released the PSP remake). Still working through Persona 4 Golden in a silly attempt to get all of the trophies.

ForeverFlame

If you're in Europe, don't buy Overclocked. There's some game-breaking glitches. I have no idea how Ghostlight managed to add glitches to an already finished game, but whatever.

Zazie

So 1991
If you're in Europe, don't buy Overclocked. There's some game-breaking glitches. I have no idea how Ghostlight managed to add glitches to an already finished game, but whatever.

Glitches can definitely be added to games once they are localized. It happened to one of the NA localisations of Ar Tonelico. (I forget whether it was 1 or 2) I think it migh thave also been an issue in the NA version of Nostalgia. (though it may have been in the JP version, I didn't check)

Chris

Old Coot
Aksys Games managed to add a save deleting glitch onto the North American version of Virtue's Last Reward. And ONLY on the 3DS version. Somehow the Vita version was unharmed.

Glitches can definitely be added to games once they are localized. It happened to one of the NA localisations of Ar Tonelico. (I forget whether it was 1 or 2) I think it migh thave also been an issue in the NA version of Nostalgia. (though it may have been in the JP version, I didn't check)
IIRC, it was AT2 that had the game breaking bug.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Aksys Games managed to add a save deleting glitch onto the North American version of Virtue's Last Reward. And ONLY on the 3DS version. Somehow the Vita version was unharmed.

IIRC, it was AT2 that had the game breaking bug.
Thanks for the heads up, I was about to purchase the 3DS version of Virtue's Last Reward, I guess I'll go with the Vita version. At least it will add another title to my Vita wish list/game library.

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Haven't see this thread before. Shin Megami Tensei is my favorite franchise after Pokémon [my username comes from the main villain of the earlier Persona games]. I am willing to buy a WiiU just to play the crossover with Fire Emblem >_>

Chris

Old Coot
Technically, your username comes from H. P. Lovecraft's works. Specifically from the Cthulhu Mythos. The SMT series tends to use different sorts of mythology for its demons. :p

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Technically, your username comes from H. P. Lovecraft's works. Specifically from the Cthulhu Mythos. The SMT series tends to use different sorts of mythology for its demons. :p

Thanks for the information! I always though Nyarlathotep, YHVH, Cthulhu, Yggdrasil, Lucifer, Pallas Athena, Izanami, Nyx Avatar and all these creatures were created by Atlus. :rolleyes: Technically I've chosen the username because of the villain in Persona 2, I only read 'Nyarlathotep' and other works of H.P Lovecraft years after playing the game.

ForeverFlame

There's an Amazon.ca listing for Shin Megami Tensei IV in English with a July 2013 release date.

The Shin Megami Tensei RPG series began in Japan in 1992 on Super Famicom. Neither this game nor its sequel was published in North America. In 2004 Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne was the first SMT game in North America, although “III” was removed from the PlayStation 2 title. The SMT series later spun-off several sub-series, including Persona, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga, and the standalone Strange Journey. This new RPG is considered the fourth in the Shin Megami Tensei mainline series.In 1492, the kingdom of East Mikado is protected by high walls, with the castle and its king at the center. A young warrior, 18 years old, has just been chosen to become a Samurai, one who, with the aid of a special tool called a Gauntlet, will serve as a secret protector of the city. It is the duty of the Samurai to exterminate a demon threat of which its citizens are unaware. However, the situation is not as simple as human versus demon. There are factions within the human group that must be discovered and understood in order for alliances to be formed, paths set, and the destiny of the world decided.A World to Discover, A Mystery to Uncover – The life of a Samurai is fraught with peril. Players must leave the safety of Mikado in order to defend it from the invading demons. There the story unfolds as the true history of Mikado comes to light. Shin Megami Tensei IV is a single player experience.Demon Collection and Fusion – The core mechanic of the Shin Megami Tensei series returns with more than 400 demons to recruit, collect, and fuse together. Players will constantly be challenged with balancing the strengths of their demons to ultimately excel in battle.

The English description makes it seem pretty legit.

TheGreaterLucario

Thanks for the information! I always though Nyarlathotep, YHVH, Cthulhu, Yggdrasil, Lucifer, Pallas Athena, Izanami, Nyx Avatar and all these creatures were created by Atlus. :rolleyes: Technically I've chosen the username because of the villain in Persona 2, I only read 'Nyarlathotep' and other works of H.P Lovecraft years after playing the game.

Oh good lord..... Nyarlathotep.... I got Persona 2: EP (The PSX version! Woot!) about a month ago...... I am NOT looking forward to fighting that guy. I've seen the Youtube videos. If he can kill off people who have max. stats, and provide a challenge even for maxed-out parties..... I'M GONNA' DIE. XP