• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

ForeverFlame

Um, wow, that's an awful close release date compared to the Japanese date, unless I've been ignoring the launch windows between games.

Persona 4 Arena launched two weeks after Japan, and Devil Survivor Overclocked launched in North America before Japan. But other than that we've always had to wait a couple of months in between releases. Or a game simply isn't localized at all.

sceptile33

Okay, I've been interested in getting Strange Journey for the DS. Do you guys think there is a chance that they'll remake it for 3DS like they did with the Devil Survivor games? I don't want to buy it if I can get a superior version later on.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Okay, I've been interested in getting Strange Journey for the DS. Do you guys think there is a chance that they'll remake it for 3DS like they did with the Devil Survivor games? I don't want to buy it if I can get a superior version later on.

I say get it now, you can always sell it later if a 3ds version comes out(which I doubt). If you sell it on eBay if a remake/enhanced port comes out for the 3ds you can ask for a little bit more since its a hard game to find, at least where I'm at. I'm still tracking one down, it's like that with other SMT games too.

ParaChomp

be your own guru

diakyu

It comes with some type of CD in Japan right? Probably comes with that. But I'd buy it at 60 bucks if I had to. It's up there with XY an M&L: DT as my most anticipated game.

Last edited:

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
I hope it comes to the UK around a similar time. It'll be my first SMT game after P3P (which I got bored of due to fighting in the same place forever and the point and clicking).

ForeverFlame

I hope it comes to the UK around a similar time. It'll be my first SMT game after P3P (which I got bored of due to fighting in the same place forever and the point and clicking).

I honestly would not expect SMT IV in Europe until 2015. And even if it's released in Europe, it will probably have bugs that render it unplayable. Being an SMT fan in Europe is like being an alcoholic during the prohibition.

I think you're safe at this point. It's been three years, and ATLUS usually has an extremely fast turnover rate for enhanced ports. If they remake anything for the 3DS, I hope it's SMT I/II/if... with SMT IV's engine.

Chris

Old Coot
Shin Megami Tensei IV is REALLY coming to North America...in the Summer. That's an awful close release date.

Though I think it's the first 3DS game with a $50 price tag. That game BETTER be good... Oh, who am I kidding. It's really good.

Hopefully it will come with some bonus content at the very least. Atlus USA does that pretty often with their titles
Atlus said it'd be sold as a "premium title," so expect it to have a lot of stuff packed in with the game. More than the usual mini soundtrack disc usually included.

Abstinence Pistols

For anyone who's played the new port of Soul Hackers, how does it hold up today? It looks interesting and I'm thinking of getting it, but I don't have a lot of experience with SMT, just some time in Strange Journey.

Which is better gameplay-wise, Soul Hackers or Etrian Odyssey IV?

ForeverFlame

I wonder what ATLUS has in store for the SMT series. We have SMT 4, Break Record, and SMT x FE in the upcoming future.

I'm thinking that they'll remake one of the older SMT games using the 3DS Etrian Odyssey engine. Either the first two SMT games, or Strange Journey.

They also have the SMT 4 engine to work with, so expect some 3DS original spin-offs in the future (like DDS after Nocturne). ATLUS is known for pumping out a lot of sequels once they have an engine and assets to work with. Strange Journey probably wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the Etrian Odyssey engine it was made with, for example.

Persona 3 may be rereleased for a third time since there's movies. It would probably be for the Vita, though it wouldn't surprise me if an updated version of P3P arrived on the 3DS.

Devil Survivor 3 is just as inevitable as Persona 5. In fact, I am absolutely certain that we'll get DeSu3 before P5. I'm expecting an announcement sometime this year, or next year at the latest. It'll be for the 3DS and will have a lot more content than past DeSu games, but the graphics will still be just as lazy.

Zazie

So 1991
Isn't there still an unspecified persona game still announced for 3DS? Perhaps that might use the SMT 4 engine. I just hope it doesn't end up being a remake of Persona 3, all the rereleases are wearing a bit thin and we already got 3 different Persona 3 releases in the west.

Also I am a bit surprised Devil Survivor is apprently doing so well. The first game seemed to be ignored when it came out. (in the U.S. anyway, it probably did well in Japan)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The Persona games are generally on Sony platforms.

Yeah but at E3 2010 Persona was listed as a upcoming game for 3DS. However it might off just been a placeholder for Soul Hackers I suppose. Maybe E3 made a mistake and put it as Persona.

On an unrelated note, your signature is horrifying XD

TheGreaterLucario

Yeah but at E3 2010 Persona was listed as a upcoming game for 3DS. However it might off just been a placeholder for Soul Hackers I suppose. Maybe E3 made a mistake and put it as Persona.

On an unrelated note, your signature is horrifying XD

....Actually, I think that the thing in her sig is one of the Personae from Persona 2: EP. .....I don't remember which.... one of the Death Arcana. That's all I can remember about it.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
....Actually, I think that the thing in her sig is one of the Personae from Persona 2: EP. .....I don't remember which.... one of the Death Arcana. That's all I can remember about it.

You're completely off

It's from the movie Rebuild of Evangelion 1.01/1.11: You Are (Not) Alone

Yay for useless knowledge I have