• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Chris

Old Coot
Also I am a bit surprised Devil Survivor is apprently doing so well. The first game seemed to be ignored when it came out. (in the U.S. anyway, it probably did well in Japan)
It's because it got a low print run and then, not long after, the 3DS port came out.

ForeverFlame

The game's out and plot spoilers are starting to pop up. We finally know who Lucifer's pretending to be this time.

[img139]http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/hikaru.png[/img139]

Hikaru means "light", and it's a gender-neutral Japanese name. Lucifer is always associated with light (shining one, morning star, etc.)

It's a lot more clever than Louisa Ferre.

I also love how the random schoolgirl turned out to be one of the final bosses. It's like a big **** you to Persona.

diakyu

The game's out and plot spoilers are starting to pop up. We finally know who Lucifer's pretending to be this time.

[img139]http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/hikaru.png[/img139]

Hikaru means "light", and it's a gender-neutral Japanese name. Lucifer is always associated with light (shining one, morning star, etc.)

It's a lot more clever than Louisa Ferre.

I also love how the random schoolgirl turned out to be one of the final bosses. It's like a big **** you to Persona.
I had a feeling it would be this person. Just seemed too normal to me when it was revealed.

TheGreaterLucario

Wow has it been awhile since I've posted in this thread. TBH, I think it might be interesting if they made something like a Shin Megami Tensei version of Project X-Zone. .....Except with Persona-style combat, of course. ....Lol, I can almost see it now how Midori would react to some of the other, non-Devil-Survivor-present Personae.... (ESPECIALLY the one that looks like a p*** chariot.)

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Well. Seems like Persona 5 was finally announced! About time if you ask me!
That and PQ seems like a nice amount of fun while I wait for more Persona main series goodness.

About other stuff SMT related, we still have heard nothing else about the SMT x FE project. I wonder what Atlus and Nintendo may be cooking for us...

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
-------------------
So earlier today, Atlus announced four games through a stream:

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labryrinth | Teaser| Official Website
Megami Tensei Wiki said:
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labryinth' (ペルソナQ シャドウ オブ ザ ラビリンス) is a crossover RPG between Persona 3 and Persona 4 on the 3DS. The graphic user interface in battle and the deformed character redesign appears to be done by the development team of Etrian Odyssey series.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (console version, I think) | Teaser | Official Website
Megami Tensei Wiki said:
This story continues after the events in Persona 4 Arena. A few days after P4A, a new tournament pops up on the Midnight Channel called the P-1 Climax. A bizarre red fog covers the streets of Inaba and an image of a figure that looks like Mitsuru, Aigis and Akihiko being crucified is shown on TV. The Shadow Operatives and the Investigation Team work together to figure out what’s going on behind the new tournament.

Persona 4: Project Diva Dancing All Night (PSVita) | Teaser | Official Website
Megami Tensei Wiki said:
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (ペルソナ4 ダンシングオールナイト) or P4D is a rhythm game for the PlayStation Vita developed by Atlus and Dingo. Features remix of the soundtrack and dancing characters from Persona 4.

And of course, announced right near the end:

Persona 5 | Teaser | Official Website
Megami Tensei Wiki said:
A special program was streamed by Atlus on November 24, 2013. After the announcements for Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth and Persona 4: Dancing All Night, a countdown appeared starting from 55:555 followed by a teaser trailed in red, showing 5 chairs with a chain bound to each one. The text shown was 'You are slave. Want emancipation?'.

Afterwards, the release date was shown along with the platform it will get released on, Winter 2014 on PlayStation 3.

Red colour scheme (just like Persona 2 Innocent Sin) and "You are slave. Want emancipation?" as the tagline = Another dark Persona game, sweet.

Last edited:

diakyu

More excited for Q than 5 actually. Maybe because Q is sooner and we actually know something about it.

Speaking of FE X SMT, it's kinda odd, yet interesting how they're so secretive about it, considering it was announced ages ago all we know is that it's in development.
I don't find it odd. It was obviously in VERY early development and had no chance of coming out till 2014 (which is the year nintendo said they will veer more away from the casual games and focus on games like X, Bayonetta 2, and smash bros).

Last edited:

Griever789

Hm on persona Q.. I not sure what to think, on the one hand I love a new rpg to come to the 3ds, on the other I'm not sure why the persona 3 main is alive.

Hm on the new persona fighting game, well loved the last one, hope this one is just as good. edit though I do wonder why takaba is wearing a pink power ranger costume... maybe the theory of personas eventually give you insane fasion sensabilites are not that far off.

Persona dance thing....okay I thinking that's something ameria is not getting....actually I hope we get any of these games in america.

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
I'm really glad that Persona 5 seems to be going in a dark direction. I love Persona 4, but it's basically Scooby Doo with murders, and it's nice to see the series go back to the mood that was in the earlier games.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Goddamnit. There goes the rest of my money

I just ordered Persona 4 Arena, so I could play at least another one of the 4, but I have little interest in the dancing game

I hope the rest of us get most of those games soon after they're released in Japan, like they've been doing recently with Atlus games

I'm really glad that Persona 5 seems to be going in a dark direction. I love Persona 4, but it's basically Scooby Doo with murders, and it's nice to see the series go back to the mood that was in the earlier games.

I think they were doing some sort of set up in Persona 4. They introduced us to the Shadow World, which could be bigger than it seems. But I could totally wrong. But it was nice seeing a light hearted SMT game in general. We don't have a lot of those.

And it seems to be going to a darker side again at least, if you just look at the colors of 3-5

3-had mostly a dark blue/dark green theme, rather dark, right?

4-yellow, really bright themes and stuff, right? A lot of hope as a result, right?

5- So far red, crimson to be exact, right? Crimson=blood, seems to be pointing to dark, too.

And then the slavery theme, which looks to be really interesting, since we don't see a lot of that in games.

diakyu

Hm on persona Q.. I not sure what to think, on the one hand I love a new rpg to come to the 3ds, on the other I'm not sure why the persona 3 main is alive.
It seems from some of the articles the SEES were brought to the P4 highschool while they were fighting in Tartarus. But 4 happens after 3 so they travel through time it seems. So it's a side story in the middle of both games.

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
I'll be waiting for more information on Persona 5 but with the way the short trailer went, it seems to be going the dark direction again, which is pretty good.

On the other hand, I couldn't be more excited for Q. I've been waiting for a Persona game on my 3DS for some time and I couldn't have gotten anything better (aside from maybe a new IP)

I love the P3 and P4 crossover so if they decide to bring it over it will probably be a day one purchase for me.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
On the topic about Persona becoming "dark" again.

Maybe it's just me, but after playing Persona 3, the one that was "so much darker than P4", I didn't actually find it to really be that dark. Obviously most of it comes down to perspective but I found P3 had a lot of cheerful parts, mostly the day-to-day school life and comedy/banter brought on by the friendly characters. The Social Links were pretty much all normal, except for Sun which was the only one I could consider as dark. Even the most grim parts of the plot were... fairly tame. This isn't to say make it like Game of Thrones or throw in some rape or abuse scenes to make it seem dark. That's not going to make it a better game unless it's handled properly.

diakyu

3 is much more darker in atmosphere imo. Most of Tartarus is a much darker looking place than most of the dungeons in 4. But 3 really isn't that much darker than 4. 1 and 2 are the darkest.

And here's a translated PQ trailer.

Last edited: