• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Keysmash

buys meat
I'm fine with them milking the cash cow, personally. It's something to play while waiting for the next numbered release.

TheGreaterLucario

Well, I'm playing through Naoya's 8th Day on Devil Survivor Overclocked, and I'm at the fight against
Metatron, and GOOD GOD is he insane! Even with my super-powerful New Game + (x2) demons, I still got utterly destroyed by him!

Born Better

God of Lightning
I just started played that a few hours ago. I was already playing the DS version before a year ago, but I sent it back because I heard the 3DS version had more stuff.

Apparently, there's also gonna be a Persona 4th Strike and Persona Warriors(this one encompasses the entire persona franchise, including 5)

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Can't wait for PQ. I don't like the Chibi style, and I don't like that it's similar to EO, but I like P3's and P4's cast enough that I'll buy it just to play their newest adventure.

P4DAN is also another I can't wait for. I've never played a touch screen rhythm game before (except for Tap Tap Revolution), but since it has a Rise skin, I'm all up for it.

diakyu

I'll get both Q and P4AU. Especially looking forward to Q as I'm a fan of EO.

Honestly, 5 needs to come out so we can move on from 4. The games we have so far are fine (since the P3 characters are getting more love) but the new anime is really pushing it.

Keysmash

buys meat
I'll get both Q and P4AU. Especially looking forward to Q as I'm a fan of EO.

Honestly, 5 needs to come out so we can move on from 4. The games we have so far are fine (since the P3 characters are getting more love) but the new anime is really pushing it.

Don't they have 2 anime of P4 now? I get that the first one was vanilla and this one based on Golden, but it's roughly the same content. Not sure it's really worth putting budget into.

ForeverFlame

Don't they have 2 anime of P4 now? I get that the first one was vanilla and this one based on Golden, but it's roughly the same content. Not sure it's really worth putting budget into.

Gotta milk the golden cow while it's still fresh.

P5 is coming, and it will be milked from 2014 to 2020 and beyond, so they need to get their last few P4 drops now. And, of course, SEGA wants to get back the money it sunk into ATLUS, and realistically speaking SMT and EO aren't going to do that (notice how 2014 doesn't have a single SMT or EO game scheduled? Besides Vaporware Survivor 2: Break Release Date).

ForeverFlame

Oh boy... how come?

You know when people joke about video game companies bribing reviewers for perfect scores? Well, when they say it about Famitsu, they aren't joking.

Back in the 90s/early 00s, near perfect and perfect scores were almost unheard of. Only legendary games like Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 got perfect/near perfect scores. Now there are multiple games that get perfect or near-perfect scores each year, and a lot of them are kind of dubious. Nintendogs and Final Fantasy XIII-2 are considered to be "perfect" games by Famitsu, putting them on the same tier as OoT/Skyrim/GTA5. Games with near-perfect scores include the god-awful Resident Evil 6, Final Fantasy XIII, and multiple Call of Duty titles.

According to Famitsu, Nintendogs and the first two Final Fantasy XIII games are better games than The Last of Us.

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
You know when people joke about video game companies bribing reviewers for perfect scores? Well, when they say it about Famitsu, they aren't joking.

Back in the 90s/early 00s, near perfect and perfect scores were almost unheard of. Only legendary games like Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 got perfect/near perfect scores. Now there are multiple games that get perfect or near-perfect scores each year, and a lot of them are kind of dubious. Nintendogs and Final Fantasy XIII-2 are considered to be "perfect" games by Famitsu, putting them on the same tier as OoT/Skyrim/GTA5. Games with near-perfect scores include the god-awful Resident Evil 6, Final Fantasy XIII, and multiple Call of Duty titles.

According to Famitsu, Nintendogs and the first two Final Fantasy XIII games are better games than The Last of Us.

Never thought that deeply into it, just figured reviewers did stupid things and write bad reviews on purpose.

Still, hoping that the score given to Persona Q isn't completely unrelated to its actual quality.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Never thought that deeply into it, just figured reviewers did stupid things and write bad reviews on purpose.

Still, hoping that the score given to Persona Q isn't completely unrelated to its actual quality.

And no one has pointed out that Persona Q is basically Etrian Odyssey with Persona characters. Not that that's a bad thing, since Etrian Odyssey games are by Altus and Amazing.

Speaking of FFXIII, anyone see the resemblance to Ken and Shinjiro/Hope and Snow?

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!

Keysmash

buys meat
And no one has pointed out that Persona Q is basically Etrian Odyssey with Persona characters. Not that that's a bad thing, since Etrian Odyssey games are by Altus and Amazing.

Speaking of FFXIII, anyone see the resemblance to Ken and Shinjiro/Hope and Snow?

Stylistically, don't think EO would mesh too well with Persona, but we'll see. Atlus has surprised me with these new P4 spin-offs, and hopefully they can make it a good kind of shock.

And about FFXIII? I'd rather not associate that game with anything I'm hoping to like in the near future.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna

Lololol there are reviewers who actually do that. Not gonna name them, but some of the complaints they have in their reviews are mind-numbingly stupid and nonsensical.

I did have the same complaint. I don't remember if I posted it I this thread though. I personally don't like it, and I've never played the EO, but I guess this will be my first.

And like what? It's been a 4 years since I played FFXIII, and 2 years since P3, but I don't remember any similarities.

Keysmash

buys meat
Well, PQ has now officially been released in Japan, and I'm scared to go anywhere near the title anymore. Atlus released a call for players to not spoil it through online means, but I'm not sure how well that'll hold up.

diakyu

Well, PQ has now officially been released in Japan, and I'm scared to go anywhere near the title anymore. Atlus released a call for players to not spoil it through online means, but I'm not sure how well that'll hold up.
It's holding up ridiculously well since next to nothing has leaked. I haven't heard of anything past the first dungeon, let alone the fourth like the call specifies.

Keysmash

buys meat
It's holding up ridiculously well since next to nothing has leaked. I haven't heard of anything past the first dungeon, let alone the fourth like the call specifies.

To be fair, it's only been a day. And I'm curious as to see why the fourth dungeon, specifically. Four is death, probably.

diakyu

It's actually the morning of the third day after release now in Japan.