• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Jb

Tsun in the streets
i just beat p3 and i enjoyed it very much. im starting p4g now

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
It's also FE, so get ready to do some resets.

Edit: Oh my god, I can't, I can't even. The freaking way the tutorial fight is done in the P4G anime is so over the top. It's glorious. I guess this is new game + Yu.

In the first anime he was already new game + :p.

Born Better

God of Lightning
So Marie's DLC for P4AU and Adachi's title is "The Egocentric Police D***". Also, he'll be free for the first week and comes with his own story.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Atlus Sale on US PSN from now until the next store update next Tuesday.

SMT Raidou 1 (PS2 Classic) - $3.99
SMT Raidou 2 (PS2 Classic) - $3.99
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (PS1 Classic) - $3.99
Persona 4 (PS2 Classic) - $7.99

diakyu

Huh, the soundtrack for PQ came out and only 7 out of 54 tracks are remixes, the rest are original pieces. Pretty surprising since I think most people expected mostly remixes.

Also PQ has the best dungeon themes to come out of Persona in some time.

MrThEsTaN

Rare collector
I just beat SMT 4 today. I got the chaos ending even though I was aiming for neutral. Haven't checked a guide to see how close/far I was from getting neutral, but I bet I was close. Anyway, I was wondering if the DLC missions that are recommended for "Postgame" are actually postgame, because you can't reload your clear file without starting a new game. Do downloading these quests grant you access to postgame material or do they really mean NG+?

Update: Me getting the chaos ending came down to the last choice posed before the alignment lock. I would have gotten neutral if I chose to preserve the status quo.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Huh, the soundtrack for PQ came out and only 7 out of 54 tracks are remixes, the rest are original pieces. Pretty surprising since I think most people expected mostly remixes.

Also PQ has the best dungeon themes to come out of Persona in some time.

Well, aren't you stating the obvious. It's the only Persona game with dungeons to have come out since P4G two years ago. And Arena and Ultimax are fighters, so no dungeon climbing.

Persona 4 came out in Japan in 2007. No wonder you think it has the best Persona dungeon theme in some (7 years) time.

diakyu

Well, aren't you stating the obvious. It's the only Persona game with dungeons to have come out since P4G two years ago. And Arena and Ultimax are fighters, so no dungeon climbing.

Persona 4 came out in Japan in 2007. No wonder you think it has the best Persona dungeon theme in some (7 years) time.
Ah geez, don't take my words so literally. It has the best dungeon themes in 8 years. Persona 4 was 2008 in JP.

diakyu

Heaven's theme is pretty hard to beat imo
This is very true but to me-
Footsteps of time just barely beats it out, but I could easily see why people would like heaven more than it. Also there's this one track in the album named The Person is then called away from war and I have no idea what it's for. I assume it's a battle theme but I have no idea for what battle, the name fits no boss or character.

The only thing kinda lackluster is the final boss theme but it's still good. Should have been Friends, arguably the best battle track in the game, but I guess that track also does not have a very "final battle" feel.

Grei

not the color
Has anyone been following the leaks of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's story? Over at GameFaqs, they're rioting.

I don't wanna spoil anything but man, is that game a letdown.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Has anyone been following the leaks of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's story? Over at GameFaqs, they're rioting.

Horrible story in mah tatakai gemu? NNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh....

Born Better

God of Lightning

Barely. I'll wait to actually get the game before trying to see the entire story. From what I could make of it, it seems like most are mad because it's not what they were hoping for.

Persona 2 involvement/ Minato Yuki not being in. Something about Sho.

diakyu

Meh, I'm fine with the story but it really shows we need a new cast of characters. The P3 and P4 casts have developed about as far as they will ever go. They've become stagnant. I mean look at PQ and both Arena games. The only characters who really developed in those games where Rei, Zen, Labrys, Sho, and to a certain extent Adachi. All of these characters are not part of the main P3 and P4 casts. Thank goodness P5 should have a new cast even if we do get some cameos.

One of these cameos will certainly be Sho since they made it quite obvious his story is far from done.

Also I find it hilarious Adachi is DLC when he still plays a huge part in the story even if you don't have the DLC. It's a really odd choice.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
money money money money

One week free from launch, same as Marie. Just download him on PSN and XBL even if you don't have the game so you'll have him by the time you get the game.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Motivation for getting the game close to launch date, then (for those who don't know the second part)?

*Ahem* let's try to analyze my comment, okay?

Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome
One week free from launch, same as Marie. Just download him on PSN and XBL even if you don't have the game so you'll have him by the time you get the game.

"One week free from launch, same as Marie.""
Okay, nothing bad. They are DLC, but they are FREE. Okay, moving on.

"Just download him on PSN and XBL even if you don't have the game so you'll have him by the time you get the game."
Okay, my bad on the third word. I should have said them, as I also included Marie, thus them for 2 or more people. What else? Download him, yeah, that's where you download DLCs on your PS3 and Xbox 360. Okay. *whistles* AHH there we go! "...even if you don't have the game..." You see where I am getting it? You don't NEED to buy the game the first day, or first week, or first month. Heck, not even the first year. Just download them as soon as they go up on PSN or XBL, so that whenever you get your game (be it on Christmas, 7 months from, or even 2 years from now if the servers are still up by then), you can just re download them for free.

That is, if I think that's how they're distributing them. If the Adachi and Marie code are vouchers inside new copies of the game or on the receipts, then yes you obviously need to buy the game as close to launch as possible. But if they are just put on PSN for free for everybody to download on the first week (like many other games have done, most recently One Piece Unlimited World Red), then just download them before the week ends.