• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
The teaser. Main character gets off a train again, to a town where something bad happens. Black hair, has glasses.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5U8n4Ie3I

Hnnnnng Social Link on PS4! Gotta get my WAIFU SIM back on! I'm gonna pre-order both PS3 and PS4 versions. Heck, will definitely get the collectors edition AND normal editions. Even import copies too. I just need P5 in mah veinsssssssss!

Hope P5 MC is as swagtastic as Yu. Minato's cool too, I guess. Dude has a turtleneck. Instant Swaglicious for me. Can't wait for them P5 waifus. I don't care if too many waifus ruin your laifu.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Yu was "too" good imo. It made things seem more unrealistic than they should of felt

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
He's the protag. Suspend all your disbeliefs. Izanagi-No-Okami ain't even that good. Requirement is too long and not worth it when there's a stupid Persona who can spam that 12-hit move.

Seems the game is set in Shibuya. And looking closer at MC's uniform, it seems he's from Shujin High School. Someone on Twitter also translated the quick shot of the news. Seems we're dealing with car accidents, false accusations, runaway murderers, increased taxes, etc. One of the shackles is now also broken. Maybe one shackle will be destroyed until all 5 protagonist (seeing as how there are 5 shackles) are revealed? Only 5 characters would mean the lowest amount of party members in Persona since the P2 games.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I like the main character, mostly because he looks a lot like myself. So already I know that's going to be fun.

Secondly I was a little surprised with the trailer. I was expecting more red. I was half-expecting JAIL SCHOOL. I like the idea of it being in a real city though, rather than P3's SCHOOL CITY ISLAND.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
So there is a campaign for lesbian social links.

Give the people what they want Atlus!
MC not a female though. Unless she wrapped her giant boobies in gauze like Naoto did. Looks like Naoto too, just messier hair. I wouldn't mind though if they decide to ponder to the female demographic though. I'm all about that waifu business though, so no husbando for me.

Also, I too am slave to emancipation. I'm always looking at my phone. I hope Atlus creates demons out of iOS characters. I wouldn't mind beating up Angry Birds demons for 80+ hours.

Anyways, seems the game has been in preliminary development since Q4 2009, then shifted to full development in November 2011, several months after Catherine released. The game would have been in development for 5+ years when the game releases. Seems they also started development on PS4, meaning the PS4 announcement wasn't the cause of the delay. Can't wait for the game! Remote Play Persona 5, here I come!

Born Better

God of Lightning
So there is a campaign for lesbian social links.

Give the people what they want Atlus!

While I have no problem with homosexuality and enjoy yuri (that's right. I said it), please don't. People need to learn to keep their stupid fetishes out of things. It gets freaking annoying.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Not what I meant. If by some chance it were to happen, then fine. My problem is morons on the internet trying to force their idiotic agendas on everything. Kinda like how there were people on another forum some time ago (I think space battles) pushing to make some of the Teen Titans gay and Static act "more black". And then there's girl "Thor"'.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Not what I meant. If by some chance it were to happen, then fine. My problem is morons on the internet trying to force their idiotic agendas on everything. Kinda like how there were people on another forum some time ago (I think space battles) pushing to make some of the Teen Titans gay and Static act "more black". And then there's girl "Thor"'.
Some of the TT gay? Lol like who? Speedy has already been a drug addict in the original timeline, now let's also make him gay in New 52! Make Static Shock more black? Cyborg's got you covered. Is Th'oreal really created because of feminists? I have no problem with a female being worthy of the power of Thor. Wait a year or two, and OG Thor is gonna be back in the role. She's gonna make a fine addition to the Thor Corp.

Anyways, started playing Persona 1 (PSP remake). Game's great. Soundtrack is awesome as P3 and P4. Troy. Baker is voicing a rich kid. Like able cast so far. Gameplay is different from P3/4, but still great.

Keysmash

buys meat
Two frankly unnotable PQ videos have come out, with english voices, one for P3 Hero, one for P4. It's as weird as I'd thought.

Even weirder, Yuri Lowenthal actually voicing Minato. Hmm.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Saw the P5 teaser.

I really can't comment on anything, but apparently we're dealing with Shibuya {sp?} this time. Pretty awesome since navigating Shibuya in TWEWY was nice.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Shin Megami Tensei V is coming out this year and the world looks amazing! In some ways, better than Persona 5!

E3 Trailer

Treehouse Gameplay

@AuraChannelerChris Just a thought. Since Persona is technically part of the SMT series, why not rename the thread as the Shin Megami Tensei + Persona Thread?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Nope. This thread is for all SMT games in general.
Including Persona since they are technically SMT games? IDK. Seems like a missed opportunity to not name this SMT + Persona, but that just me. SMT V looks freaking awesome though. I like how the demons are a 1-to-1 scale in the world, like that stone giant near the end who is pretty huge. I hope I see more demons like that in the world.