• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shine On, Starship Celesteela! (1012)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1012.jpg

Shine On, Starship Celesteela!

Sophocles has found a massive piece of bamboo buried in the ground, but while unburying it, he finds a face which starts laughing. Thinking it's a character from a story he heard as a child, he requests everyone's help to dig it out. However, Team Rocket also have their eyes set on it. What is this Pokémon? Will Ash & Co. be able to protect it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
And this is probably the only time we'll be seeing Celesteela in the anime for a long time, if ever.
It saddens me that the Ultra Beasts have such great designs but are going to be underused as heck. Celesteela didn't even get to battle or do anything except just flying away.

...Unless the UBs later come back to fight Necrozma, which would be genuinely badass :cool:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It wasn't as interesting as I've expected. Literally the only thing Celesteela did was fly to the moon once it was uncovered and didn't go through an Ultra Wormhole at all. I definitely expected more from this episode like a battle with Celesteela from Team Rocket.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Well the whole point of this episode was to let Celesteela to fly but at the same time to prevent the flammable gas from burning the forest. At least they brought up that this UB can be dangerous even if it is unintentional. I also liked that the group had a much bigger role overall with the girls blocking the gas while Ash and Kiawe were dealing with TR's mecha. I guess Celesteela's home might actually be found in a planet full of craters... I prefered this episode more than the Buzzwole one to be honest.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well this episode was sort of....mixed. While it sucked that we didn't get any UB fight here, it was really nice to see the teamwork between the Ultra Guardians. All the ride Pokemon used their own(every one of them being cool moves precisely) under the commands of the Ultra Guardians to create huge boulders around Celesteela to prevent the forest from being incinerated by its inflammable gas. It really felt nice to see Lana, Mallow and Lillie, who barely gets to battle, commanding fully evolved Pokemon. And lastly, it really felt nostalgic to finally see TR with a mecha.

Ash should've had a more important role in this episode though, his role was quite unimportant for a protagonist. Overall, 6/10.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I love how Charjabug can just summon a bunch of its pre-evolved forms. I sort of want to see that from the other Pokemon, too.

Ash should've had a more important role in this episode though, his role was quite unimportant for a protagonist.

He had his time in the sun in the previous two UG (including the Poipole one) episodes. No harm in him taking a break this time.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I love how Charjabug can just summon a bunch of its pre-evolved forms. I sort of want to see that from the other Pokemon, too.
Yeah that was one of the more interesting bits I forgot to mention and it was nice to see too that Charjabug was able to summon a swarm of Grubbin to dug up Celesteela. At least this time it gets something that makes it up for its poor battling ability.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
He had his time in the sun in the previous two UG (including the Poipole one) episodes. No harm in him taking a break this time.

He still should have commanded his ride Pokemon Garchomp to use Stone Edge like how Mallow, Lana and Lillie commanded their ride Pokemon IMO. After seeing this episode I'm getting my hopes high for Ash commanding Garchomp someday......after all back in DP I had my hopes high for Gible fully evolving.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah, it just felt dumb how they ended it. No Celesteela battle, Soph doesn't get to copy Ash and catch an UB for just a few moments.... it just blasts off, and will probably be the last we ever see of that species. Buzzwole's episode was actually satisfying.

I hope we can see the other UBs actually get to fight. I swear to Arceus, if they solve Guzzlord's problem by feeding it instead of showing it off as a deadly opponent I'm going to be so pissed off. That's the one UB that deserves a battle, a two parter even! And no, I'm not saying that cause it's my favorite.... cause it's not. If you've been to Guzzlord's world, you'd understand.

Also, I really hope somebody other than Ash can catch an UB. Even if it's just for a small moment like Buzzwole, which would be most likely, it'd still be nice to see Kiawe, Mallow and the others.... maybe even the TRio in one episode... get that honor.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah, it just felt dumb how they ended it. No Celesteela battle, Soph doesn't get to copy Ash and catch an UB for just a few moments.... it just blasts off, and will probably be the last we ever see of that species. Buzzwole's episode was actually satisfying.

I hope we can see the other UBs actually get to fight. I swear to Arceus, if they solve Guzzlord's problem by feeding it instead of showing it off as a deadly opponent I'm going to be so pissed off. That's the one UB that deserves a battle, a two parter even! And no, I'm not saying that cause it's my favorite.... cause it's not. If you've been to Guzzlord's world, you'd understand.

Exactly. It's really dumb how they are criminally wasting golden opportunities of epic UB fights by taking this unconventional and comical methods of dealing with UBs. FFS, we didn't even get to see Buzzwole or Celesteela use even a single move. I really hope that some of the UB's, at the very least, UBs like Guzzlord are portrayed as actual threats and are captured after being defeated/subdued via epic fights. It'd be really dumb if they take this comical approach with the freaking monster that is Guzzlord.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I sort of want the Starship Kaguya in Sophocles' story to be made as a pre-evo for Celesteela for Gen VIII.

It was really cute.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Another Ultra Beast episode, and yet again, another underwhelming one.

Majority of the episode was spent on digging out Celesteela. Then Team Rocket appears randomly in their mecha, and half of the gang try to stop Celesteela, and the others Team Rocket, before Bewear appears as usual. Also, the ending was really meh, since Celesteela just flew off into outer space.

I did like the part where the girls use their ride Pokémon to create the rocks so that Celesteela doesn't accidentally destroy the forest when taking off. Other than that moment though, this episode was just really boring, so I give it 4.5/10.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Quite a boring episode, but a few things to mention... was charjabug using infestation or was that just him calling for help? It'd be cool if that was how infestation worked, although I've never seen it in the anime. As for one of my favorite Ub's, really let down that it didn't battle or anything.. but at least I can say it's probably one of the nicer and misunderstood UB's compared to the other ones ... idk :p

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Bad thing out of the way first, REALLY disappointed that Sophocles didn't catch Celesteela. (Granted the Beast ball not working on Celesteela might be a foreshadow that it was already caught.) That and Team Rocket showing up was kind of pointless. (They were LUCKY Bewear saved their butts from getting fried.)

The positives.

I like how similar with Buzzwole they painted Celesteela in as much of a neutral light. She was stuck in the ground, she needed help; then they addressed WHY Celesteela being allowed to fly is a bad thing because have you ever seen a rocket launch?

Since the Beast Ball didn't work, there was no stopping the thing from flying away through the traditional method seen; as a result nearly every member of the Ultra Guardians had to play a part to minimize the damage from the thing launching. (Ash and Kaiwe fighting the Rocket Mecha... of the year.)

Also baby Celesteela is too cute!

Otherwise I really NEED the subs, but overall... 7/10.

I'm liking how the Ultra Beast are being portrayed in the stranger in an alien world category/ their destructive means are portrayed as a byproduct of what they do. (Celesteela flying like a rocket).

I'm still waiting for Blacephalon and Guzzlord to bring the nightmare fuel in because there is NO way either of those two would be played for laughs... except for Guzzlord acting like a hungry puppy.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Am I missing something, because what the hell was Tapu Koko doing here? It wasn't spying on Buzzwole or Poipole.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
While I agree about having Guzzlord fight and be treated as a threat, at the same time it shouldn't be an overblown threat. If you check around Guzzlord's world in Ultra Sun/Moon and talk to the NPC there enough you find out that their kind did not cause the devastation in that world, they're just cleaning/eating up what remained after the disaster.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
While I agree about having Guzzlord fight and be treated as a threat, at the same time it shouldn't be an overblown threat. If you check around Guzzlord's world in Ultra Sun/Moon and talk to the NPC there enough you find out that their kind did not cause the devastation in that world, they're just cleaning/eating up what remained after the disaster.

If anything that would portray Guzzlord in a much more tragic light, it's own home world is a hell hole even for his kind. Sending him back would do him more harm than good and the heroes would be hesitate to do it if they know.