• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shine On, Starship Celesteela! (1012)

xEryChan

Demon Child
This episode was pretty good. I definitely enjoyed it but I felt as though it could have been better. For instance, the plot seemed like just about any other episode to me. Ash and his friends go on some exciting adventure and here comes Team Rocket to mess everything up. Thus episode would have been so much better if Team Rocket was not in it.

I do not understand how Charjabug was able to call Grubbin to help them digging out Celesteela. Also, the fact that Celesteela was buried for two hundred years? Seriously? That’s a really long time to spend in the ground, literally..

I don’t care for the fact that they basically reused the same animation that they did in SM061 with the Ultra Beats setting off.

My favorite part of the episode was, by far, seeing Ash and his friends watching Celesteela as it went back to the moon. I loved that it turned around to acknowledge them. I really enjoyed that part, best part of the whole episode.

All in all, this was an alright episode to me. I did enjoy it but at the same time, I felt like it could have been so much better.

DatsRight

This episode was pretty good. I definitely enjoyed it but I felt as though it could have been better. For instance, the plot seemed like just about any other episode to me. Ash and his friends go on some exciting adventure and here comes Team Rocket to mess everything up. Thus episode would have been so much better if Team Rocket was not in it.

Normally I'd complain about that as well, but unlike most episodes, TR didn't deviate away from the main problem at hand, in fact they just complicated it. The twerps still had to focus on Celesteela AND keep TR at bay, not 'Oh TR are here, ditch the whole plot we've been doing this episode for the same old shtick'.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Normally I'd complain about that as well, but unlike most episodes, TR didn't deviate away from the main problem at hand, in fact they just complicated it. The twerps still had to focus on Celesteela AND keep TR at bay, not 'Oh TR are here, ditch the whole plot we've been doing this episode for the same old shtick'.
yeah, they used TR as a tool and not a crutch in this episode, and bewear didn't interrupt anything either, he just came for the cleanup, so he wasn't as annoying as he was in say, 60 and 66. Anyways, I'm very intrigued about why they decided to show koko here in both the beginning and ending to the episode, and even more interested that celesteela is still around

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Anyways, I'm very intrigued about why they decided to show koko here in both the beginning and ending to the episode, and even more interested that celesteela is still around
Maybe Tapu Koko appeared as a foreshadowing to a larger scale or a more intense conflict with the Ultra Beasts or that it was simply observing Celesteela's behaviour to determine if Celesteela is a threat to the Alola region, which from there, could lead to the conflict.

Remix2

Ya it was a boring episode just the characters digging for majority of the episode standard tr fight and once the UB finally move it just fly through the wormhole and nothing else.

The only thing I'll give this one unlike the buzzwole is that the sm group actually did something useful instead of standing in the background doing nothing but it not enough to save this episode.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I really hope that some of the UB's, at the very least, UBs like Guzzlord are portrayed as actual threats and are captured after being defeated/subdued via epic fights. It'd be really dumb if they take this comical approach with the freaking monster that is Guzzlord.
My guess, Guzzlord would be made into a bigger joke than what we have with Buzzwole and Celesteela.
Most likely it would be Mallow who would have something to do with Guzzlord since it being a gluttony while she is a cook.

Am I missing something, because what the hell was Tapu Koko doing here?
My guess, Tapu Koko has been keeping a watch on Celesteela, since it had been stuck on Melemele Island for over 200+ years. So, obviously Tapu Koko would be on toes or on look out, since it can sense that it could create some problems.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don’t care for the fact that they basically reused the same animation that they did in SM061 with the Ultra Beats setting off.

The Ultra Guardians are a tokusatsu reference, so stock footage transformations and launches come with the territory.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
My guess, Guzzlord would be made into a bigger joke than what we have with Buzzwole and Celesteela.
Most likely it would be Mallow who would have something to do with Guzzlord since it being a gluttony while she is a cook.

The only thing I can imagine with Guzzlord being used for comedy. (What about Celesteela was even played for laughs?)

It acts like a constantly hungry puppy; otherwise the thing has killed someone, is part of how Nanu became so depressed (Nanu knows if Interpols workings and he isn't amused.) and as of USUM... Guzzlords Ultra Space is a radiated hell hole!

There is little to make funny about any of it.

hottom3rd

not a bad ep. pacing a little of but UB space steel rocket san was cute with its smile. Team Rocket Mecha, ahh the memories! Bewear omg bro.
7/10

Rohanator

Exactly. It's really dumb how they are criminally wasting golden opportunities of epic UB fights by taking this unconventional and comical methods of dealing with UBs.
That's such a narrow way to look at things, imo it'd be a waste to do normal Pokemon battles rather than tell some actually unique and memorable stories with them, the point is to learn what these strange beasts are like.

I get that you watch the show for battles and feel like time not spent on them is time wasted, but try and see the other side, the show creators want to do something different for once, can you blame them?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
That's such a narrow way to look at things, imo it'd be a waste to do normal Pokemon battles rather than tell some actually unique and memorable stories with them, the point is to learn what these strange beasts are like.

I get that you watch the show for battles and feel like time not spent on them is time wasted, but try and see the other side, the show creators want to do something different for once, can you blame them?

That and maybe the Ultra Beast were meant to be portrayed as what we are seeing. Significantly dangerous pokemon that are basically in an alien world that behave strangely, Celesteela even though there is no battle and isn't even aggressive DOES pose a threat if nothing is done. Or with Buzzwole, for all the flexing acts like a scared animal and was all around causing trouble.
(Looker Post Game Quest in Vanilla Sun and Moon were going a similar route of shedding the UB's in a different light... but I don't think a lot of people caught on.)

Rohanator

That and maybe the Ultra Beast were meant to be portrayed as what we are seeing. Significantly dangerous pokemon that are basically in an alien world that behave strangely, Celesteela even though there is no battle and isn't even aggressive DOES pose a threat if nothing is done. Or with Buzzwole, for all the flexing acts like a scared animal and was all around causing trouble.
(Looker Post Game Quest in Vanilla Sun and Moon were going a similar route of shedding the UB's in a different light... but I don't think a lot of people caught on.)
Yeah, that's the point pretty much. They're literally an alien species who we know nothing about, whenever Ash and co would encounter new Pokemon before there would at least be the Pokedex to rely on. "How do they behave? How can we come to understand them? What can we do for them?" is quite frankly a much more interesting route than "How can we beat them in battle?" and I'm glad the writers chose it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I mean I do admit that this episode was underwhelming but not because there wasn't a battle with Celesteela but more because of how much time was devoted to them digging the UB out.

In fact why the hell would they attack something that's sleeping and not harming anyone?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yeah, that's the point pretty much. They're literally an alien species who we know nothing about, whenever Ash and co would encounter new Pokemon before there would at least be the Pokedex to rely on. "How do they behave? How can we come to understand them? What can we do for them?" is quite frankly a much more interesting route than "How can we beat them in battle?" and I'm glad the writers chose it.
I think because the mainstream games are more battle-centric that people wanted to see more of the action stuffs and how powerful the UBs are compared to their current Pokemon teams. I won't lie but it's difficult to please everyone within the fanbase tbh.

DatsRight

A small detail I only just noticed, Poipole (which is genderless in the games) is given the supposed male UG amulet in this episode.

Sure it's a clear cut gender distinction now?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
A small detail I only just noticed, Poipole (which is genderless in the games) is given the supposed male UG amulet in this episode.

Sure it's a clear cut gender distinction now?
who knows? The lyrics in the OP are through poipole's perspective, but they sound like a girl's voice (though some other ops, like XYZ, are kinda from ash's perspective, and are sung by matsumoto, but she tends to use a somewhat deeper tone in those), and then there's its affection towards pikachu

Leonhart

Imagineer
So we managed to get some focus on an Ultra Beast, but the episode felt more like a filler than an important, progressive installment. It's simply odd how most of the episode was about uncovering Tekkaguya.